Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Draconius GO
View Poll Results: Do you think it is real or fake?
REAL 2 50.00%
FAKE 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old September 27th, 2013 (6:07 AM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
But Peach's reveal wasn't tied to current releases from this year; she was revealed on the anniversary release of the first SMB game rather than 3D World.
I'm perfectly aware, which is why I said that one shouldn't rely too much on patterns, and also put 'stronger' pattern in quotation marks. Anniversaries do work too, but then one could draw a whole list of dates significant to a franchise/character and expect them to be revealed then and there. And that's assuming that Sakurai will reveal all of the characters prior to release, which I personally doubt.
__________________
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #177    
Old October 1st, 2013 (4:43 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
Vampire Waifu
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Location: California
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 9,494
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    I'm perfectly aware, which is why I said that one shouldn't rely too much on patterns, and also put 'stronger' pattern in quotation marks. Anniversaries do work too, but then one could draw a whole list of dates significant to a franchise/character and expect them to be revealed then and there. And that's assuming that Sakurai will reveal all of the characters prior to release, which I personally doubt.
    And now part of that "stronger" pattern was broken by the time Sanic Hedgehog Sonic was revealed 27 days before his game is even out this month (that's a very large gap).
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #178    
    Old October 1st, 2013 (4:47 PM).
    Dragon's Avatar
    Dragon Dragon is online now
    • Super Moderator
    • Battle Server Staff
    • Platinum Tier
    • Social Media
    • PokéCommunity Daily
     
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Viridian City
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 9,488
    Speaking of Sonic, yes, he's definately confirmed:



    __________________
    supercat | moirail | family | s-mod | twin | credit
    Reply With Quote
      #179    
    Old October 1st, 2013 (9:23 PM). Edited October 1st, 2013 by I've Come to Bargain.
    I've Come to Bargain's Avatar
    I've Come to Bargain I've Come to Bargain is online now
    • Moderator
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 12,050
    I'm glad that they're starting to introduce more non-Nintendo characters. It honestly is a great idea, in my opinion, because this not only gives them a wider range of characters to choose from, but it also gives a little bit of exposure to gaming franchises that are unrelated to Nintendo. Aaanyway... I'm expecting Sonic to be one of the quickest characters in-game. His attacks might turn out not to be very powerful, but due to his agility skills, it should be quite hard to land any hits on him successfully. He may be able to have good jumping skills, too, which would allow him to get to one place from another within just a couple of seconds.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #180    
    Old October 2nd, 2013 (6:01 AM).
    Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
    Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
    Vampire Waifu
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Location: California
      Age: 25
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 9,494
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
      I'm glad that they're starting to introduce more non-Nintendo characters. It honestly is a great idea, in my opinion, because this not only gives them a wider range of characters to choose from, but it also gives a little bit of exposure to gaming franchises that are unrelated to Nintendo. Aaanyway... I'm expecting Sonic to be one of the quickest characters in-game. His attacks might turn out not to be very powerful, but due to his agility skills, it should be quite hard to land any hits on him successfully. He may be able to have good jumping skills, too, which would allow him to get to one place from another within just a couple of seconds.
      Sonic has already been that type of character since Brawl. Also, having more non-Nintendo characters isn't very much a good idea, because it takes away the main purpose of the Smash Bros. games: playing as Nintendo's biggest all-stars, which is why Sakurai is trying to keep the number of guest characters to a minimum.
      Reply With Quote
        #181    
      Old October 2nd, 2013 (10:29 PM).
      Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 2,386
        I've played the the Nintendo 64 version, Melee and Brawl. I liked Brawl the best, my favorite character was Zero Suit Samus and my least favorite was... well, I didn't really have one, haha. xD

        The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic!

        But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D
        Reply With Quote
          #182    
        Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:40 PM).
        Darkrai Lv.1000's Avatar
        Darkrai Lv.1000 Darkrai Lv.1000 is offline
        Has a tendency to figure things out
           
          Join Date: Jul 2007
          Location: On an island with Hakaze
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 695
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
          I've played the the Nintendo 64 version, Melee and Brawl. I liked Brawl the best, my favorite character was Zero Suit Samus and my least favorite was... well, I didn't really have one, haha. xD

          The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic!

          But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D
          Which trailer was that? I never heard of them introducing Midna. xD
          About Lightning, as much as I doubt that will ever happen, it would be pretty cool.

          I knew Sonic would be back! Take that, Pinkie-Dawn.
          If the thing about Sonic's late entry in Brawl causing the removal of Roy and Mewtwo is true, then this time they can all co-exist.

          About Toon Link, I hope his moveset is altered a little bit more so he's less clone-like compared to Adult Link. Same goes for any other character added that was considered a clone.
          I also hope that at least one thing changes about each character that distinguishes them from their previous game counterpart. So far, the only ones who have really received any significant changes are Bowser and Pit.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #183    
          Old October 3rd, 2013 (1:32 PM).
          Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
          Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
          Vampire Waifu
             
            Join Date: Dec 2012
            Location: California
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 9,494
            I have a feeling that most of the newcomers will be characters representing their own series as shown with the first three revealed newcomers, because Sakurai commented that Nintendo hasn't made any post-Pikmin IPs with characters who can fit in Smash Bros., and now we have new misc. characters created after Brawl alongside with the Wii Fit Trainer: a Rhythm Heaven rep (Karate Joe, Ringside Wrestler, etc.), Shulk, Aeon, Mallo, Dillon, Wonder Red, and the new IP Miyamoto is working on.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
            The Brawl trailer I watched a few years back said they were introducing Midna. I literally flipped out. I was so excited! Then when we bought the game, no Midna... I moped for several days. I wanted to murder someone at Nintendo. But hey, I put my brave face on and then kicked the wall as hard as I could. I'm hoping they introduce the freaken imp, because she would be so epic!
            It's because the Smash Bros. developers wouldn't want to waste a slot on a character who would never appear in another game from his/her series of origin again. What makes you think the guys at Smashboards shoot down any suggestions of Majora, Zant, and Ghirahim?

            Quote:
            But now, I hope they introduce Lightning. Imagine using a Gunblade, oh, and the Final Smash can be her summoning Odin! :D
            Except Lightning never appeared on any Nintendo system, nor is she as iconic as Cloud, who also doesn't appear in any Nintendo system (not counting the Kingdom Hearts games).
            Reply With Quote
              #184    
            Old October 3rd, 2013 (10:27 PM). Edited October 3rd, 2013 by Nakala Pri.
            Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
            Banned
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 2,386
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
              Which trailer was that? I never heard of them introducing Midna. xD
              About Lightning, as much as I doubt that will ever happen, it would be pretty cool.

              I knew Sonic would be back! Take that, Pinkie-Dawn.
              If the thing about Sonic's late entry in Brawl causing the removal of Roy and Mewtwo is true, then this time they can all co-exist.

              About Toon Link, I hope his moveset is altered a little bit more so he's less clone-like compared to Adult Link. Same goes for any other character added that was considered a clone.
              I also hope that at least one thing changes about each character that distinguishes them from their previous game counterpart. So far, the only ones who have really received any significant changes are Bowser and Pit.
              I remembered watching a trailer in EB Games, man, I was so excited! It made me feel so alive, but then they let me down... oh well, at least Brawl was still a fun, fast and furious game. :D

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
              I have a feeling that most of the newcomers will be characters representing their own series as shown with the first three revealed newcomers, because Sakurai commented that Nintendo hasn't made any post-Pikmin IPs with characters who can fit in Smash Bros., and now we have new misc. characters created after Brawl alongside with the Wii Fit Trainer: a Rhythm Heaven rep (Karate Joe, Ringside Wrestler, etc.), Shulk, Aeon, Mallo, Dillon, Wonder Red, and the new IP Miyamoto is working on.



              It's because the Smash Bros. developers wouldn't want to waste a slot on a character who would never appear in another game from his/her series of origin again. What makes you think the guys at Smashboards shoot down any suggestions of Majora, Zant, and Ghirahim?



              Except Lightning never appeared on any Nintendo system, nor is she as iconic as Cloud, who also doesn't appear in any Nintendo system (not counting the Kingdom Hearts games).
              I know, but I was so disappointing that they cancelled Midna. It drove me nuts, plus I prefer Lightning to Cloud. Lightning is a fighter, even though she is cold and icy, she has this determination to save the world, despite the risks. She doesn't care if she dies, as long as another may live. Plus I can totally imagine her using Odin and slaughtering Megaman. Oh, since they're make Lightning Returns there is a slight possibility. >:D
              Reply With Quote
                #185    
              Old October 7th, 2013 (6:01 AM).
              Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
              Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
              Vampire Waifu
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2012
                Location: California
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 9,494
                There's a "leaked" picture that showed up yesterday:



                A lot of users are saying this is fake because of how Pikachu's falling animation was copy/pasted from the dojo pic, Mega Mewtwo was ripped from the hacked Brawl models, and how the sky in the battlefield stage is darker than how it was shown before (though that usually happens whenever someone has the smash ball). What do you guys think?
                Reply With Quote
                  #186    
                Old October 7th, 2013 (6:08 AM).
                Zero°'s Avatar
                Zero° Zero° is offline
                Mirai Nikki
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Location: Florida
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 1,293
                Also notice how Mewtwo's battle portrait isn't its Mega form. And yeah that Pikachu doesn't look "real" to me, he looks like melee Pikachu. This could just be some Brawl hack imo. The battle field stage looks too much like Brawl's in size, so it's probably just a stage texture/model hack.
                Reply With Quote
                  #187    
                Old October 7th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
                Spinosaurus's Avatar
                Spinosaurus Spinosaurus is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                  Posts: 4,570
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zero° View Post
                  Also notice how Mewtwo's battle portrait isn't its Mega form. And yeah that Pikachu doesn't look "real" to me, he looks like melee Pikachu. This could just be some Brawl hack imo. The battle field stage looks too much like Brawl's in size, so it's probably just a stage texture/model hack.
                  That definitely does NOT look like Melee Pikachu.

                  This is Melee Pikachu.

                  The Pikachu in that screenshot is from this exact picture.
                  __________________

                  Twitter - Tumblr
                  Reply With Quote
                    #188    
                  Old October 11th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
                  Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                  Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                  Vampire Waifu
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Location: California
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 9,494
                    I find it hilarious that today, instead of a Pokémon reveal we've been expecting because of X and Y's release tomorrow, we get a screenshot of the Wii Fit Trainer's butt. Sakurai has trolled the Smash community once again. XD
                    Reply With Quote
                      #189    
                    Old October 14th, 2013 (7:48 AM).
                    Dragon's Avatar
                    Dragon Dragon is online now
                    • Super Moderator
                    • Battle Server Staff
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Social Media
                    • PokéCommunity Daily
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                    Location: Viridian City
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 9,488
                    Hm, I'm just wondering - do you guys play stock or timed battles more?

                    I tend to play stock battles more... for some reason, since I'm not quite an aggressive person trying to net KOs, teehee.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #190    
                    Old October 18th, 2013 (6:05 AM).
                    Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                    Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                    Vampire Waifu
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2012
                      Location: California
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 9,494
                      Guys, we've got a Pokemon reveal!

                      Spoiler:


                      Well played, Sakurai.


                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LGDArm View Post
                      I tend to play stock battles more... for some reason, since I'm not quite an aggressive person trying to net KOs, teehee.
                      I play stock battles with the time limit on (approximately 2 minutes for the purpose of saving those matches).
                      Reply With Quote
                        #191    
                      Old October 18th, 2013 (6:13 AM).
                      Dragon's Avatar
                      Dragon Dragon is online now
                      • Super Moderator
                      • Battle Server Staff
                      • Platinum Tier
                      • Social Media
                      • PokéCommunity Daily
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Location: Viridian City
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 9,488
                      Hm, I suppose that will be one of the pokemon that will appear when you'd open a pokeball! But the question of the day is, what will it do. :o
                      Reply With Quote
                        #192    
                      Old October 18th, 2013 (2:39 PM).
                      Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                      Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                      Vampire Waifu
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2012
                        Location: California
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 9,494
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by LGDArm View Post
                        Hm, I suppose that will be one of the pokemon that will appear when you'd open a pokeball! But the question of the day is, what will it do. :o
                        My best guess is that it'll use its signature move: Geomacy, since box legendaries as pokeball summons always use their signature moves in Smash Bros.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #193    
                        Old November 3rd, 2013 (3:55 PM).
                        jigglypuffisaduck's Avatar
                        jigglypuffisaduck jigglypuffisaduck is offline
                        [
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2013
                        Nature: Rash
                        Posts: 3,807
                        The new Male Wii Fit Trainer has been added guys:

                        [IMG]http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/super_smash_bros_wii_fit_trainer.jpg[/IMG[

                        What are your thoughts on this? Also, the new game has been rumored to be released sometime in May of 2014. Do you believe that?
                        __________________
                        ]
                        Reply With Quote
                          #194    
                        Old November 7th, 2013 (6:33 AM).
                        Dragon's Avatar
                        Dragon Dragon is online now
                        • Super Moderator
                        • Battle Server Staff
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Social Media
                        • PokéCommunity Daily
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2013
                        Location: Viridian City
                        Age: 25
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 9,488
                        Look who's back!



                        As girly as ever! May 2014 sounds good imo.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #195    
                        Old November 7th, 2013 (2:29 PM).
                        Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                        Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                        Vampire Waifu
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2012
                          Location: California
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 9,494
                          It's strange that Marth is being used to advertise Awakening (in the U.S.) and FE12 (in Japan) when both of those titles were already out prior to 2013. I also heard that the guys at /v/ are moaning for the loss of Lucina's chance at entering the roster because of her ancestor's confirmation.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #196    
                          Old November 7th, 2013 (2:49 PM).
                          Gamehead121's Avatar
                          Gamehead121 Gamehead121 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 10
                            This thread is about your predictions and hopes of characters for ssb4

                            As for me i hope bass, shadow, and balloon fighter

                            p.s. If you dont know marth was confirmed today
                            Reply With Quote
                              #197    
                            Old November 15th, 2013 (5:27 PM).
                            Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                            Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                            Vampire Waifu
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2012
                              Location: California
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 9,494
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Gamehead121 View Post
                              This thread is about your predictions and hopes of characters for ssb4

                              As for me i hope bass, shadow, and balloon fighter
                              ......... I'm not going to bother responding to these type of character requests.


                              In other news, new stage confirmed!


                              Spoiler:






                              About time Sakurai fully reveals this stage after teasing it with that Kirby image from a few months back.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #198    
                              Old November 15th, 2013 (7:50 PM).
                              bobandbill's Avatar
                              bobandbill bobandbill is online now
                              shake that booty
                              • Administrator
                              • Social Media
                              • PokéCommunity Daily
                              • Discord Moderoid
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2008
                              Location: Central Coast - Australia
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 13,450
                              It's a pretty neat concept for a stage imo. Wonder how it'll actually handle though.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #199    
                              Old November 15th, 2013 (8:01 PM).
                              isthatyoudan's Avatar
                              isthatyoudan isthatyoudan is offline
                              doesn't work well with others...
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2013
                                Location: At my desk on the computer
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 397
                                Quote:
                                Posted by Bruce Banner: The new Male Wii Fit Trainer has been added guys
                                WHAT THE??????? What is a creepily pale friendly physical trainer going to do in a fighting game? What's his final smash, making everyone else healthier? He does not seem like the punchy type.
                                __________________
                                All About Dan! (at the moment, at least)
                                Deep Thoughts...
                                The people of the Pokémon world aren't too creative. They named Pokémon after what sound they make. If we were like them, a cow would be called a "moo".

                                I'm Reading...
                                Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

                                I'm Playing...
                                The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #200    
                                Old November 16th, 2013 (4:58 AM).
                                bobandbill's Avatar
                                bobandbill bobandbill is online now
                                shake that booty
                                • Administrator
                                • Social Media
                                • PokéCommunity Daily
                                • Discord Moderoid
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                Location: Central Coast - Australia
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 13,450
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by isthatyoudan View Post
                                WHAT THE??????? What is a creepily pale friendly physical trainer going to do in a fighting game? What's his final smash, making everyone else healthier? He does not seem like the punchy type.
                                Nor do a bunch of other characters, to be fair. Animal Crossing's Villager, or even in previous games (ROB wasn't even a vg character to begin with as much as a device as I understand it.). I'd say he fits in, because the Smash franchise is a lighthearted one in the first place, and a crossover to boot across many different games.
                                Reply With Quote
                                Reply

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:51 PM.