• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
@Burg: Heh, this was my 1st RP too. Kinda, if one post and a cancelled interaction counts. But now I'm a roleplayer. At least 70% of my posts in the last 30 days are in the RP Corner or Lounge. So I'll be active this time.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
@Burg: Heh, this was my 1st RP too. Kinda, if one post and a cancelled interaction counts. But now I'm a roleplayer. At least 70% of my posts in the last 30 days are in the RP Corner or Lounge. So I'll be active this time.

Oh, Don't get me wrong, I am a RPer. I play a Gnome Monk In World of Warcraft and I'm the New DM of my D&D group, I'm not walking completely in the dark here :P
Its just my 1st Forum RP, So I'll have to get used to the style, Decided to look into one to help me Explain detail better.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I just realized something...This was my first roleplay too! o.O I've joined ever so many since then! Like legit! A lot of them! Such excellent roots! Haru Hatake, despite a long period of absence (like 2 or 3 IRL months) is still terrorizing the school! Haha. I remember joining up the second I came onto the forum...or attempting to.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Small world. When I first started RPing here, this was the first place I came to. Now I'm in four or five different RPs and am thinking about creating my own!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Absolutely! Sign ups will always be open as the roleplay was designed to accommodate unlimited players. Please, feel free to throw them up here and we'll see if we can't get you in here roleplaying with the rest of us.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I improved my OLD SU with a new name, history and team, if that's okay.

Name: Lucas Soares

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicine Dorm

Appearence: Lucas has short brown hair, brown eyes, blue glasses,and is about 5½ feet tall. He normally has some sort of Pokemon with him, wears clean but average-priced clothes, and a gold watch on his wrist. His shirts are normally blue or green with Eeveeloution designs on them, majority being Glaceon and Leafeon. He wears sea-green pants most of the time, and he has green and black shoes.

Personality: Andrew is a kind, cheerful boy who loves playing with his Pokemon. Pokemon get along with him so well, that he always has one by his side. He likes naming Pokemon after something related to their types. Andrew is incredibly good at making friends, and he is really popular. He loves Eeveeloutions, but he wants to work with all types after his crazy adventures (See: History). He received a gold watch from has late grandfather that he protects with his life. He does have a few enimies, and sometimes his friend Jackson doesn't understand his sense of humor, but everybody else does. He makes alot of jokes, and most people see him as a very humorous person. He normally knows when to be serious, but not always.

History: Lucas grew up in the Lona region with his older sister Ashley and his best friend Lucas. When he was 4, he received Chill and Leaf as pets from his grandpa. The two were actually brother and sister, which he did not learn until a few years later, but let's just stick to when he was four for now. That was also the year that her 10-year old (at the moment) sister Ashley started her Pokémon journey with Shadow, her Poochyenna. There was a long debate about if she could take Chill and Leaf, but in the end, she wasn't allowed to, so Lucas had more time to bond with them.

Ashley wasn't seen at home for two years, and a lot of things happened. Four months after Lucas's fifth birthday, his grandfather passed away, leaving Lucas a gold watch. It was of incredible value, and that Lucas shouldn't touch it until he's ten, old enough to understand how fragile and valuable it is, but he still got a hold of it a couple of times. He was always caught, though.

Ashley returned home in March, with 8 Badges. She was staying with them until the League started, six months from then.

Just before she was about to start packing, the news was ent out that the League would be held back 2 months, So she stuck around for Lucas's birthday. As a present, she gave him a Charmander Egg. The egg hatched about two months later, and Lucas named him Blaze.

The next three years were pretty uneventful, except for Ashley coming in 7th out of 32nd for the League. This was a huge celebration for the family, seeing that see was the seventh best trainer in the region.

When he turned 10, he decided to put off his Pokémon journey for a few years because he thought he wasn't ready.

At age 12, he started researching Trainer Schools to get the final push he needed. He found the Pokémon Trainer Academy, and decided to try that.

Lucas signed up for the academy in hopes of learning as much as possible to, and he was accepted into the Suicine Dorm.

Pokemon:
1: Leafeon
Nickname: Leaf
Personality: He loves to cuddle up with Chill. Overconfident about battles and never lets Chill quit. Slightly more intelligent than the rest of his species.
Level: 27
Moves:
-Razor Leaf
-GrassWhistle
-Quick Attack
-Tackle
-Double Team
-Sunny Day

2. Glaceon
Nickname: Chill
Personality: Sometimes mistakes Leaf for a different Leafeon and attacks him.
Level: 26
Moves:
-Ice Fang
-Sand-Attack
-Ice Shard
-Bite
-Hail
-Rest

3. Charmander
Nickname: Blaze
Personality: He thinks Leaf and Chill are scared of him because he has a type advantage on both of them. Very full of himself.
Level: 4
Moves:
-Scratch
-Growl
-Bite
-Metal Claw
-
-

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Burg: Bah. Sorry about the wait. I don't normally snipe applications the moment they're submitted. Regardless, you're good to go now.

@GoldenRayquaza: Hmm... Do you think you could quickly explain which region Lucas and more importantly his sister are from? Just like... add that in as a little sentence somewhere? Seems like it would be important to know which league his sister challenged. You can consider yourself approved regardless, though.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
@Burg: Bah. Sorry about the wait. I don't normally snipe applications the moment they're submitted. Regardless, you're good to go now.
It's Kay, It gave me time to add a bit more to the personality.

I got a few questions though. IC what day is it as well as the general time? The OP says boats travel to this island sever times a day, Is it safe to assume they Travel to the town nearby? And I'm a bit confused on how battles would work.

Dawn

Years
@Burg: Why, it's Christmas Day!

Regarding the boat, Oak Town is technically landlocked, so no the boat(s) does not travel directly to the town. They actually dock at the academy itself, which was built before Oak Town. There is a pier bordering the coastline very close to the academy where boats dock. Oak Town however is not that far away from the academy.

Battles work differently depending on whether you're just battling an NPC or whether there are other RPers involved. If no other RPers are involved you can feel free to just write the battle however you want, even concluding it in just one post. You're given plenty of freedom there and the leveling rewards are simple enough. Generally speaking, your pokemon gain 2 levels for each pokemon they're directly involved in fighting. (You're free to deny your pokemon levels if you think your trainer has grown a bit too powerful for your liking. That's what I do after all this time.)

If there are other RPers involved you are expected to improvise some turn based battling or privately come to an OOC agreement on alternative ways of handling it. You're given a lot of freedom here in leiu of more structured battle systems.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@GoldenRayquaza: Is that a reference to a past RP or something..? Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and not call anyone out on custom regions so long as it's done with respect to the rules...

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Alright, Thanks for the answers, Gonna try to get out at least an opening post before a certain something comes around tomorrow and consumes all my attention.

Dawn

Years
Right! All non-legendary X and Y pokemon are up for grabs. Please note that mega pokemon are not true pokemon, and are rather like alternate forms that are entirely temporary in nature. (So... you would never find a mega evolution in the wild. I'll be researching how rare Mega Stones are to see whether it's plausible for students to utilize them at the academy. Either way, you'll probably be seeing some such shenanigans at some point or another.)

Dawn

Years
I will be updating the wild pokemon list with new sprites soon enough. I just need time to... make that work. >>; In other news, the new games are amazing. I understand if you're all too busy enjoying them. ;P

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
It's too bad Mark dosn't have any Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving. I'd totally try to work one in for him. But I'm sure he'll do without one for the time being.

Dawn

Years
@Megaman765: All I can see in Valorie's future is Charmeleon 2: Electric IsNoLongerSuperEffective

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
*sigh* If only Snorlax had a mega evolution. (The earth would quake with fear) I'll have to settle with Charizard (X of course) and Scizor. But a question, how would one obtain mega stones?

Another, how should I evolve Scizor?

And I'll have my post up when I return home from school.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
I will be updating the wild pokemon list with new sprites soon enough. I just need time to... make that work. >>; In other news, the new games are amazing. I understand if you're all too busy enjoying them. ;P

Maybe a bit >_>
Btw, If you're gonna use the EXP share but still want a challenge, Either A: Don't fight all the trainers Or B: Don't catch everything you see.
I was Overleveled throughout most of the game >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back