• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version are you getting

Are you getting Pokemon X or Y

• Pokemon Y

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Pokemon X

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Both

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm getting both version, but X will be my main version.

Because Xerneas. :D

Splintey

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Is It Worth It?

To buy a 3ds for just X or Y? If so which version appears better?

Years
I've bought my 3DS last year, in anticipation of Pokémon XY.
I can only say: very worth. Haven't regretted it a single moment.
Besides, the 3DS in itself is actually very cool, I loved playing in 3D. It's something I hope they will always stick with.

Also don't let people discourage you with: "I played for 10 minutes and got a massive headache!" They are doing it wrong. I can play for hours on end, one day I had a 12 hour session and nothing. Not even irritation in my eyes or anything.

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
Which version all comes down to personal preference of Pokemon. Personally I like Y a bit better because it has more exclusive Pokemon I like. But it doesn't really matter.

The 3DS also has like 100 other fantastic games to play, so it defiantly is worth it.

Splintey

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Besides Mario and Animal Crossing any suggestions? And wheres a good cheap spot I can pick up a 3ds?

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
Kid Icarus Uprising, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and Fire Emblem Awakening are some pretty good ones.

You could probably buy a 2DS cheap because its only 120 dollars. Standards 3DSes new are about 260 I think.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
If you are solely getting 3Ds for X/Y I dont think it be worth it honestly, however there are other games that are worth it. People above have posted what Id recommend

Vanish

Poof
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
If you enjoy a challenge, I'd pick up Shin Megami Tensei IV. Hell of a game.

Years
i think its worth it because of how accessible the game is. the moment you pick it and everything that you want to do in a pokemon game happens so quickly. you can breed soon you get a second stater right off the bat. and there are so many new features to the game that just make it fun. its been criticized as being too easy or not enough story but the games are centerd around raising pokemon and this game makes that easier and more fun than any of its predecessors. if youre a fan of raising pokemon this is for sure worth it. if you, for some odd reason, are looking to play through a long story and lengthy after game exclusively and are not so interested in the 450+ pokemon available to you then maybe you shouldnt. there are also so many big 3ds releases on the horizon such as super smash bros that youre going to ask your self this question again sooner or later and in my opinion you should buy it now because of this awesome game and future releases to come.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
If you bought a DS for Diamond/Pearl/HG/SS/BW, then it only makes sense you should get a 3DS for XY, and all future 3ds pokemon games. Though its up to you and your econimic situation, and the investment you feel would be worth. Pokemon is awesome, ovbiously, and you'll hear plenty of praise here, and millions have bought a 3ds just for x/y. I would recommend it, plus there's lot of awesome games for 3ds, (luigi's mansion, mario kart, monster hunter to name a few)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I bought a 3DS before XY were announced but I only own Pokemon games for it. So I actually bought a 3DS for Black 2 even though it wasn't required. I prefer Pokemon Y over X due to the exclusives. I feel like X got shafted on exclusives. Anything worthwhile is breedable on my Y and their exclusive Megas are far worse imo.

Back