• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Had to choose between a Lugia EX and a Deoxys EX tin today. Got the Lugia version, and it included four booster packs. They had tons of holo cards, including a Jirachi EX and the Deoxys EX I decided not to pick.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got the Lugia tin today as well. Nothing too great though.

Plasma Storm:
Holo Garbodor (this is my third...)
reverse Bouffalant
Hypnotoxic Laser

Plasma Freeze:
Nidoking (2nd one)

Plasma Blast:
Genesect (2nd one)
reverse Houndoom (which I have in regular holo)
Accelgor

Repeats aren't very fun. :( I did pick up some Plasma Storm packs a few weeks ago though and finally got the holo Infernape and rare Exploud, so that was great. I don't normally get cards I need when I'm almost done with the set, let alone from both packs that I bought, haha.

Last edited:
Years
It's been a couple of months since I got any booster packs, but I saw that my Target has the Plasma Blast cards in, so I had to buy a couple packs. While I didn't really get anything notable- my best card being a reverse holo Plasma Volcarona, I really noticed how powerful some of the common cards are now compared to the early sets (3 of the 10 commons I got have 100HP, and each have the potential to do at least 70 damage in one turn).

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Bought a Plasma Blast and a Plasma Freeze. This is what I got. (excluding the commons)

Plasma Freeze

Sceptile Holo (Rare)
Plasma Vaporeon (Uncommon)
Plasma Umbreon Reverse Holo (Rare)
Exeggcute (Uncommon)
Float Stone (Uncommon)

Plasma Blast

Plasma Octillery (Uncommon)
Sigilyph Holo (Rare)
Rare Candy (Uncommon)
Archen Reverse Holo (Uncommon)
Eelektrik (Uncommon)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just picked up a Leafeon themed Plasma Freeze deck which came with two boosters. Nothing overly interesting came in them but I did manage to get my hands on some extra basic Pokémon that I needed to flesh out my deck and got some Dark and Metal energies too, so a decent haul I suppose. Was hoping for much more but eh :p

Years
Got the Red Genesect Collection tonight. The boosters were disappointing, but that foil theme deck, even if it's not competitive-grade, is still solid, and is worth it simply because of all the useful foil supporters inside it.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years

For those that don't know, it basically was "THEY DO EXIST!" because I've had really bad luck pulling one despite the supposed 50-50 odds of getting one from the tins.[/QUOTE]

wait witch card. the kyerem?

I don't think I actually moved it here. I'm fairly certain you made it in this thread.

Why does it matter? This is where posts like that belong anyway.

not realy i said i got and elite trainer box thats suposed to go in the elite trainer box thread

I don't think I actually moved it here. I'm fairly certain you made it in this thread.

Why does it matter? This is where posts like that belong anyway.

not realy i said i got and elite trainer box thats suposed to go in the elite trainer box thread.

Last edited:
Years

wait witch card. the kyerem?

No, not Kyurem. I'm pretty sure the post you were quoting was referring to the Pirouette forme Meloetta promo card that came in tins released back in the spring. Without the link to that post, I can't be certain which post you were quoting, though.

not realy i said i got and elite trainer box thats suposed to go in the elite trainer box thread

not realy i said i got and elite trainer box thats suposed to go in the elite trainer box thread.

Actually, no. Posts like that belong in the thread we are currently in, which is the "Look What I Just Got!" thread. All posts where you wanna show off what Pokemon cards you just got belong in this thread, no matter how you got it.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
I got a Plasma Blast pack free with my copy of Pokemon X. I finally got around to opening it and pulled both of these out of it, Reverse Holo Porygon2 and secret Dusknoir
IMG_0045.jpg

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Got the Red Genesect Collection tonight. The boosters were disappointing, but that foil theme deck, even if it's not competitive-grade, is still solid, and is worth it simply because of all the useful foil supporters inside it.

I know but in the boosters I did get reverse holo Druddigon anyways
I agree donavanj. The deck is ok so I made a costom deck out of it
I'm waiting to try it out at the league it seems okay cause I battled it
Against the wind wipe theme deck and and I won without them getting
One prize card.

darien

the Great alakazam
Years
sorry about that last post

can I mention a free giveaway in doing on youtube? its under gZ8weVWogjM ... or look me under patricia castilleja...

no trading involved on that vid. im just proud of my cards.

Last edited:
Years
sorry about that last post

It's forgivable because you're new. I do allow using this forum to set up trades within the official online version of the trading card game, though, since that stuff's all digital and doesn't deal in tangible goods. Well, if you have any cards in it, anyway.

Bringing the thread back on topic, I bought a bunch of the newly released English packages, as in the ones with the Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin pins as well as the ones with the figurines of those 3. So far, of what I've opened, I've pulled a Jirachi EX. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Fennekin box at the Target I was at. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back