• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What's your favourite legendary in RGBY?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oo, this looks like fun!

1. Moltres
  2. Articuno
  3. Mew
  4. Zapdos
  5. Mewtwo
Moltres is the coolest looking by far, Articuno is a beautiful beast of a bird which looks so wise and reliable, Mew is an absolute cutie but not as cool as the first two, Zapdos is pretty cool but a boring concept/typing, and I don't like Mewtwo so he's bottom by far! I'm just realising how much I liked the scarcity of legends in Gen I haha, it makes them seem much more special.

Sirfetch’d

1. Articuno
2. Mew
3. Zapdos
4. Mewtwo
5. Moltres

I really love Articuno as I have stated many times before. I just love its majestic appearance and wonderful typing. I always catch one if available because I love it so much ever since I originally used it on my Blue version. Mew is second for me because of how cute it is! I also really adore how it can learn every TM available. I remember using the Mew glitch to catch this Pokemon and despite how annoying that was, it was totally worth it. Zapdos comes in third for me because it is a pretty good Pokemon, but for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me as much as some of the others. It has a cool design and all, but just something seems a bit off to me. I ranked Mewtwo 4th and I usually would rank him higher, but I have lost my love for him over the years. Sure back in the days of RBY he was the most awesome thing ever, but now there are so many great legendaries that he now seems a bit redundant. Last is Moltres. I don't hate this Pokemon by any means, but it is definitely the least appealing of the legendaries in this generation. It doesn't have as great of a design to me and it's movepool seemed a bit poorer than the others. Overall though this was a good generation of legendary Pokemon.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
The most powerful Pokemon, koff~

Mewtwo. His sprite in Blue and Red was just intimidating (My favorite Mewtwo sprite comes from Heart Gold and Soul Silver). He was also one of the few Pokemon that helped eat my way through the Elite four multiple times. Psychic, swift, recover. Some really nasty moves. A close second would be Zapdos, koffi~

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
My top three would definitely be Articuno, Mewtwo, and Mew in that order.

I fell in love with Articuno because I thought it was gorgeous, and it was fun to Ice Beam the dragons. With Mewtwo, I definitely always found the lore interesting. I can remember reading the diary entries in the Pokémon Mansion, and then seeing Mewtwo's creation at the beginning of the first movie and just loving it. It's tough to pick between the two, but I have to go with Mew as my absolute favorite. The little guy was quite the enigma back in the day, and still is, I suppose. It was nearly impossible to get before the Mew Glitch, and wasn't even that widely known about for a while. Plus Mew is just so darn cute!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Zapdos, mostly because he looks cool, but also because Pidgeot starts becoming less useful toward the endgame as anything other than a taxi.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Raikou and Ho-oh, probably. Ho-oh is a phoenix and those are cool, of course :p Or maybe Moltres is the phoenix but Ho-oh is based on something similar. Some Japanese legend, I guess?

Raikou is just plain cool. Looks a bit like a digimon, maybe. But what pokémon doesn't look like a digimon, these days? It's got the least attention out of the three Johto beasts and maybe I'm pitying it a bit too, haha.

Back