• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: HG / SS Music Patch [FR] [EM]

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Things are going good :P
What emulator are you using? I've had this problem with my iPhone emus, but not VBA. I'm pretty sure this is happening because I'm having issues with changing a pointer near the song table. I will try to have it fixed for the next update or maybe earlier.

Just to clarify, if you have a .sav or .sgm1 file with your hack name, you will get errors due to the RAM being changed. This is because we repointed from the original RAM area, so you will need to delete those or reset (Ctrl + R in VBA)

GoGoJJTech

Years
Wow, amazing. You're.. a sappy god!

Don't say that... And there is more than one person working on this.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I myself am about to use the DS ADSR values, so it will be an exact replica of HGSS.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
May I please ask if this is compatible with hacks in progress?

Sorry, I read the readme. How do I expand the ROM and will it corrupt it at all past 0x1000000?

Sorry again ignore those two I figured it out, I can't use offset 720000 because I have data in it already. Am I in trouble?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
May I please ask if this is compatible with hacks in progress?

Sorry, I read the readme. How do I expand the ROM and will it corrupt it at all past 0x1000000?

Sorry again ignore those two I figured it out, I can't use offset 720000 because I have data in it already. Am I in trouble?

Forget the 720000. It's just a playsong script, totally removable. Just change all pointers to 720000 to a
release
end script.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Forget the 720000. It's just a playsong script, totally removable. Just change all pointers to 720000 to a
release
end script.

Thanks I fixed that up, but my ROM is corrupting when I enter the second data bit at 0x071A40C because I have overwritten data there too. Is this repointable? I assume:
Offset 0x035061C Change bytes to E0 A5 71
is referencing this data bit. So is this the only pointer in this data bit to fix?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Thanks I fixed that up, but my ROM is corrupting when I enter the second data bit at 0x071A40C because I have overwritten data there too. Is this repointable? I assume: is referencing this data bit. So is this the only pointer in this data bit to fix?

I have no idea what goes there, but it may be the event data for the script at 720000 ^^
So just don't repoint it, leave it how it was.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Just to clarify, if you have a .sav or .sgm1 file with your hack name, you will get errors due to the RAM being changed. This is because we repointed from the original RAM area, so you will need to delete those or reset (Ctrl + R in VBA)

I always delete the savs and sgm files when testing something out, just in case. It happens with VBA.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
maybe its just me but im getting some pretty annoying reverb noise(like a small amount of instrument noise left over after each track plays or moves to a different track) for the emerald patches. Ive tried it with several different clean roms and used ups correctly. Its not super bothersome but it may be somethnig you want to look into. It seems to play perfect on fire red though. Maybe im missing an extra step??

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
maybe its just me but im getting some pretty annoying reverb noise(like a small amount of instrument noise left over after each track plays or moves to a different track) for the emerald patches. Ive tried it with several different clean roms and used ups correctly. Its not super bothersome but it may be somethnig you want to look into. It seems to play perfect on fire red though. Maybe im missing an extra step??

It's a bug that I overlooked because it doesn't occur with the emu that I'm using for testing. It should be an easy fix, so I plan on fixing it either before or during the next update.

GoGoJJTech

Years
It's a bug that I overlooked because it doesn't occur with the emu that I'm using for testing. It should be an easy fix, so I plan on fixing it either before or during the next update.

know what it is now, it's that you repointed the 16 tracks to an insufficient RAM area. Change it again, this time with enough space (00)

GoGoJJTech

Years
Any news from Kanto music boss???

Boss as in me or Boss as in Giovanni? I don't think Giovanni has his own theme, so I'll go with me as the Boss ;)
Well 1 I've been focusing on the GB music counterparts, 2 I've been focusing on the BW music patch, and 3 I've been kinda busy with my own hacks. So thanks for the nudge, I'll get to them. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
0-6: Percussive chordophones and idiophones
7: Xylophone?
8: Tubular Bells
9: Vibraphone?
10: Music Box
11-12: Idiophones
13: Accordion
14: Acoustic Guitar
15: Acoustic Guitar
16: Overdriven Guitar
17: Overdriven Guitar
18: ???
19: Upright Bass
20: ??? (a bass instrument)
21: Slap Bass
22: ??? (a bass instrument)
23: String Ensemble
24: Viola or Violin (I'm not sure)
25: Cello
26: Pizzicato Strings
27: Harp
(...)
49-51: Not an instrument
52-53: Squares (used in the credits)
54: Not an instrument
55: Whistle
56: ??? (sounds like a synthetic cymbal)
57: a type of Organ
58-59: Not an instrument
60-69: Vary depending on voicegroup (....)
70-89: Not an instrument
90-127: Some of these are the sound effects (.....)

All sounds on your list were off when I used it. Then I realized that in my case 24 (not 23) is the Strings Ensemble, the equivalent to Tango Accordion in normal midi. Same thing happened to me with the rest of the instruments. For me 30 was the Trumpet, not 29. After checking with more instruments I noticed every instrument was off by 1.

I use the HGSS patch for Emerald. Are all the instruments you guys inserted organized the exact same way in every rom? I'm using your list now, but obviously using the number+1 otherwise the instrument would be wrong lol. Just a heads up, in case anybody else is having problems inserting their own tracks using the instruments in your patch :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
All sounds on your list were off when I used it. Then I realized that in my case 24 (not 23) is the Strings Ensemble, the equivalent to Tango Accordion in normal midi. Same thing happened to me with the rest of the instruments. For me 30 was the Trumpet, not 29. After checking with more instruments I noticed every instrument was off by 1.

I use the HGSS patch for Emerald. Are all the instruments you guys inserted organized the exact same way in every rom? I'm using your list now, but obviously using the number+1 otherwise the instrument would be wrong lol. Just a heads up, in case anybody else is having problems inserting their own tracks using the instruments in your patch :)

My apologies, I made that list according to their number in Sappy rather than a midi editor. Basically the only differences between the Emerald patch and the FireRed patch are the location of the data and the songs that are included. There is also a bug in the Emerald patch that will be an easy fix.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
My apologies, I made that list according to their number in Sappy rather than a midi editor. Basically the only differences between the Emerald patch and the FireRed patch are the location of the data and the songs that are included. There is also a bug in the Emerald patch that will be an easy fix.

Yeah, I supposed that the differences between EM and FR would be data location, pointers and such. :) No need to apologize! Keep up the great work guys.
BTW, I still keep getting isntruments freezing while running the ROM on Sappy. Haven't tried on my Android phone though.

GoGoJJTech

Years
If anyone would like to help shoot me a PM, as I'm working on the BW/2 music now, and this is sorta aside for me, not cancelled, just not priority.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
If anyone would like to help shoot me a PM, as I'm working on the BW/2 music now, and this is sorta aside for me, not cancelled, just not priority.

I'm really busy with college and other stuff, otherwise I'd help.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I'm really busy with college and other stuff, otherwise I'd help.

As of now it's just an assemble song since the instruments are in (freakin' finally)
The only thing that requires work is the gb music versions of everything. That's an assemble and port from a specific voicegroup, and it has over 140 instrument slots, not just 128.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
As of now it's just an assemble song since the instruments are in (freakin' finally)
The only thing that requires work is the gb music versions of everything. That's an assemble and port from a specific voicegroup, and it has over 140 instrument slots, not just 128.

You mean the only thing left to do is to port the songs, loop them and insert? Fill me up, I might be able to help out when I get some free time. It'd be more comfortable to use something like Skype or the likes.
Anyway, I have a problem with my ROM, most tracks don't work (HGSS ones). The GBA music just plays. I tried the manual patch 6 times. All the original Emerald music is there, the only ones that get changed are the routes, but the battle themes and such... they just seem to not be there at all.
It's like patching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It's odd. The only thing I've done to the ROM after patching it is some mapping and inserting tilesets. This is strange... since between tilesets and mapping there is basically no interference with music. I tried playing a bit with the songtable in hex but no luck :\ You guys had any similar problem in the past?
Anyway, the only way to make it all work is just exporting the songs from a clean patched Emerald rom and re-inserting in sappy in my hack, using the same offsets. Seems to work perfect, but it's better to be one the safe side xD

Last edited:
Back