• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Still no shiny ralts after 8 full boxes ._. Not giving up tho. I feel like now is past the point of no return, as it could be any egg now. Bellatrix the shiny mega Gardevoir WILL be mine!!!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
There's a mega-gardevoir? *o*

I want it too! What does it look like? I googled it and saw several versions. Can be so hard at this point to tell which are real versions and which are just fan-art created ones.

Please say it's the one with the angel wings <3

...kept looking and found a live video of it, I like my plain gardevoir better XD

Oh, forgot the reply I was gonna make about Masuda Method.

I just spent the last hour or so breeding a scatterbug from North America region with a JPN ditto (both with decent stats; turns into the polar version of vivillon...assuming the JPN version doesn't mix the DNA enough to get a JPN version vivillon that is...).

No shinies yet. I decided to record all the gender, nature, characteristic, and stat data for each one though. Only 15 scatterbugs completed though (I was helping my son with schoolwork while borrowing his 3DS XL for it; I have my own game, but not my own system yet).

Last edited:

Tyche

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
I've actually been super lucky I got a shiny mareep on my 10th egg, however I did not even try the masuda method. I've been breeding a bunch of goomy with the method but now I'm all caught up in trying to get perfect IVs.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
Finally found evidence of a legit shiny vivillon. Turns out I probably started trying the Masuda Method on the wrong one. Apparently, since there are already 18 different wing patterns based on region, the shinies only differ in the color of their bodies (which are white rather than dark grey/black). It's actually very hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for.

Ah well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm attempting the masuda method for the first time. Trying to hatch a shiny wynaut.

An English male wobbufet and a German female wobbufet qualify for the masuda method right?

Years
I think I might switch out my JPN houndour for a NA Houndour and the NA Ditto for a JPN ditto, might have different results, but idk tbh.

@Sabrewulf That should work, Ive heard as long as the two pokemon really like eachother (Talk to the guy who gives the eggs) it should produce more eggs than ditto+other pkmn.

Years
5 Boxes filled with baby Eevees...
I'm getting pretty discouraged, I wonder if the chances were decreased this time around. Considering people are encountering more Wild Shinies, this might be a possibility.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I was able to get the method to work last night after only 8 eggs. Now im the proud owner of a shiney Charizard :) Trying for an Amphorose now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am not trying 100% at the moment, but I am breeding a Jap. Venasaur with an English Ditto for folder in completing the pokedex. I have been trying to get a Jap. Ditto, but no one is being reasonable and when I find one I want to trade to get, it is always already been traded.

I am on about the 7th egg right now with no shiny. Not really expecting to get one since I have already gotten two shinies in the wild.

5 Boxes filled with baby Eevees...
I'm getting pretty discouraged, I wonder if the chances were decreased this time around. Considering people are encountering more Wild Shinies, this might be a possibility.

To be honest, 5 boxes is nothing. Most people go without for over 1k eggs. I doubt they made it harder. You got to understand it is still a 1 in 1638 chance with MM if they haven't increased the chance, which is still really rare.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but seeing as I'm almost 800 hatches in on Duskull I figured it might be a good time to ask. The Masuda Method still works when using an everstone to pass down natures now, correct?

Universal

Musician
Years
I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but seeing as I'm almost 800 hatches in on Duskull I figured it might be a good time to ask. The Masuda Method still works when using an everstone to pass down natures now, correct?

I'm not quite sure as of yet. Even I was curious about that so I removed any nature/IV transfering items to play it self.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Got a French Ditto the other day. Trying for a Shiny Tediursa...working on box number 4 with no luck yet!

Back