• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revenge/Team Dark Evolution [now recruiting]

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Update:
Just want to let everyone know, I stopped working on the hack bc a member of my family was sick & he recently passed. Now I want to continue working on the hack for him, and not abandon/ give up on my work. So without further ado lets welcome back Pokemon revenge and the team behind it, Team Dark Evolution!

This means you can apply for the tread again and we are always looking for new people.

BOX ART:
Spoiler:

*thanks to PurpleCharizardZX for the art box *

Intro:

Hello and welcome Team Dark Evolution. Why call it Team Dark Evolution? Because it sounds right for the idea I had once for a Rom hack that will have the Pokemon in it dark. I had the idea thought of a few years ago but never really thought it fully though. However after playing many amazing hacks I wondered about my great idea of Pokemon game called Pokemon Revenged but forgot what it was and the full story, so I plan on making a new hack with a different story. So now I no longer want it to be nothing but a thought in my head but, a real hack others who share the same interests as me can enjoy and play. This thread is to make Pokemon Revenge * or Pokemon Dark Evolution, if I think of renaming the hack* a reality and I can not make the hack alone so I'm forming a team to help me out since I forgot everything hacking related from few years ago.

The story:
You are 16 and became the champion of region KYERG *name could be changed later* Team DARK *name may change in future* is gone and everything is peaceful. One day 6 years later, when you are with your friends and girlfriend are enjoying life ,Team Dark have returned with their plan to kill/defeat you and experiment on Pokemon to evolve them to horrifying dark Pokemon
[dark/ghost/shadow Pokemon *the Pokemon will be randomized as 1 including their original types example: charizard could be dark & fire and rayquaza can be ghost & dragon*] and take over the world. Everyone had their memory of you vanished due to Team Dark. Your friends and girlfriend have also been brainwashed and have been made gym leaders & your girlfriend is 1 of your rivals. It is your job to bring all their memories back. You kinda like the world as it is but hate Team Dark for what they have done to you, your friends, girlfriend and seek revenge. Some familiar faces join you as well. What familiar faces you ask, just wait and see.

What I'm looking for:
Mappers:

rodygo -- welcome back man

Mikekillkill

Script Inserter:

earthwarrior

Scripters:

me - qaz015393
& TanayChitre

ASM hacker:

Spriters:
TheSyren

tayub121 --part time spriter

BlueEon

Beta Testers [we now have plenty of people for the position]

DutchyFly69

GregTheSloth

Jamaka2001

RetroGamingTactics

gogojojo33

KamikazeSSoH

I'm hoping to get some for each so no one feels overloaded.

Other:

THEFOREVERMAN -- ??? [programming/scripter] helped made the story better.

Syneon thanks for helping out & for the tutorial.

SicariusCredo3 - Tile set inserter -- so long SC3 and thanks for the help with the new tile set.

GreyBidoof - Basic scripting, pokemon data editing, map editing using advancemap, basic sprite inserting/editing -- so long Grey and thanks for the help.

habit12 --- graphics, spriter, title screen maker.

for now title screen, world map.
PokeHunterBlack

gio7sm --- support banners

minime010 --- from the original pokemon revenge hack from 2009 that was cancelled [welcome back man]

Le pug -- for helping me out when Im in a pinch with the scripts [and for a A map that loads the rom with now problem]

[Is there anything else I'm missing? pokemon cries & music]

features:

new story

new hero/hereon, gym leader, evil organization, elite four, champion, etc.

new characters, also includes some anime characters as well

new custom sprites

2 new regions [hopefully if not than 1 region]

new maps

new tile sets

new dark Pokemon from gens 1 - 6

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

characters [just a few not to give away all the new characters that will appear in the game]:
Spoiler:

support banners [by
gio7sm]

nJyBs1O.png

mCQEZ3Z.png

Hrmrqj0.png

WHAT IS DONE So FAR:
STORY: 90% finish hand writing the main story. Didn't do the Team Dark encounters or the legendary mons though since those are kinda easier. I'll do them later.
SCRIPTS: 45% Got mostly all of the main story finished now, not including the ending. Did almost all of the 6 towns worth of main story. Didn't insert it though
SCRIPTS IN GAME: 0% [the story scripts are done for the next beta but waiting for a few more things to get done before re inserting them in and also need some help to get few of them working right]
Thanks THEFOREVERMAN for helping me fix the script I would like help for the progress to go faster [since im re-learning].

MAPS: 1%
TILES: 50%
SPRITES: 45% a few of custom sprites are down for the characters. I am using public sprites for the pokemon & other trainers and will add credits for them once they are inserted with no problems.
INSERT: 15%
PROGRESS Until next pre beta release: 40 %

How to apply:
You will need to fill out the application form below to see if you meet the requirements.

application form

what position/s are you applying for

Short Autobiography:
Past experience:
Skills:
Experience example(s):
Time Zone:
Availability:
Contact Information:

OLD TEAM [not really old but I never heard back from them since I came back]:
Spoiler:

HERE'S A CATALOG OF WHAT IS DONE AND THINGS THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE.

1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Short Autobiography:
Past experience: Worked on my own rom hacks.
Skills: Mapping, Inserting sprites (not tiles) like trainers and pokemon.
Experience example(s): Send me a rom and sprites and ill show you.
Time Zone: West Australia, Can't remember timezone.
Availability: Almost everyday
Contact Information: Email or PM

Years
Short Autobiography: Been Hacking for about 1 month but I have been looking to make my own hack for a while now...
Past experience: I am working on a different hack currently(look in sig) but other than that none
Skills: World Map Making(not inserting), Extremely Basic Scripting, OW Sprite Making, Mapping (I don't really think I am that good at it)
Experience example(s): World Mapping:
bth_RegionMap_zps80f56857.png
I made this map in about 10 min and I think it came out ok...
Scripting: So basic that any way you do it the only differences are the actual words in the message...
OW Spriting: My completed OW's are all being used in the other hack I am working on so I don't think I can show those if nobody else has seen them...
Mapping: I don't like most of the ones I've completed so not going to show them...(Don't really want this spot anyway)
Time Zone: New York State... EST
Availability: Usually everyday but at random times... I might miss a day but I'm usually pretty good about it...
Contact Information: PM me here usually or if you don't want to PM me and Ill give you an Email...

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Short Autobiography:
Past experience: Worked on my own rom hacks.
Skills: Mapping, Inserting sprites (not tiles) like trainers and pokemon.
Experience example(s): Send me a rom and sprites and ill show you.
Time Zone: West Australia, Can't remember timezone.
Thanks for applying. ok. I'll send you some things to show me. Also can you add the sprite from the update below. I want to see how it looks in the game.

Short Autobiography: Been Hacking for about 1 month but I have been looking to make my own hack for a while now...
Past experience: I am working on a different hack currently(look in sig) but other than that none
Skills: World Map Making(not inserting), Extremely Basic Scripting, OW Sprite Making, Mapping (I don't really think I am that good at it)
Experience example(s): World Mapping:
bth_RegionMap_zps80f56857.png
I made this map in about 10 min and I think it came out ok...
Scripting: So basic that any way you do it the only differences are the actual words in the message...
OW Spriting: My completed OW's are all being used in the other hack I am working on so I don't think I can show those if nobody else has seen them...
Mapping: I don't like most of the ones I've completed so not going to show them...(Don't really want this spot anyway)
Time Zone: New York State... EST
Availability: Usually everyday but at random times... I might miss a day but I'm usually pretty good about it...
Contact Information: PM me here usually or if you don't want to PM me and Ill give you an Email...
Thanks for applying. You have the spot for world mapper and basic scripter. As for the Ow sprite do you think you can do an OW for the Alucard sprite *the 1 in post 1* I want to see how good you can do OWs before I make a decision.

EDIT:
here is a Mega charizard sprite I made for this hack. Dont know which 1 looks better for the game

View attachment 69891

View attachment 69892

View attachment 69893

Last edited:

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Short Autobiography:I am a spriter who has been spriting for a year and have gotten good a it
Past experience: I am currently working on 2 hacks and 1 of my own and just want to help out when i can
Skills: like i said been doing this for a year goten decently good
Experience example(s): these will make an appearence in Pokemon normal version
Wrecktor_zpsa1ef8f08.png
lola_zpsd277f23f.png

Time Zone: EST
Availability: 1 - 3 hours a day
Contact Information: PMs here

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Short Autobiography:I am a spriter who has been spriting for a year and have gotten good a it
Past experience: I am currently working on 2 hacks and 1 of my own and just want to help out when i can
Skills: like i said been doing this for a year goten decently good
Experience example(s): these will make an appearence in Pokemon normal version
Wrecktor_zpsa1ef8f08.png
lola_zpsd277f23f.png

Time Zone: EST
Availability: 1 - 3 hours a day
Contact Information: PMs here

Goid sprites. U got the slot for spriter when u have time and when u can.

Years
I'm having a little trouble doing that particular sprite just because he looks extremely tall and that is kinda hard to do in OW spriting... can you give me a different one?

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
thanks for the heads up on the sprite. I'll try to do new ones.

PurpleCharizardZX

PurpleCharizard here!!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Hello I'm PurpleCharizardZX, I'm here by accident. More I liked your intusiasmo and I'll help.
I'm good at: recolors, Sprites Hacks, Mapping ect ..

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I'm having a little trouble doing that particular sprite just because he looks extremely tall and that is kinda hard to do in OW spriting... can you give me a different one?

Thanks man cor the samples. You are on the team

Hello I'm PurpleCharizardZX, I'm here by accident. More I liked your intusiasmo and I'll help.
I'm good at: recolors, Sprites Hacks, Mapping ect ..

Lol thanks for that. Welcome to the team.

I'll be adding the members of the team tommor.

Last edited:

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Short Autobiography: been working with mapping for about a year now, became pretty good at it. I also started scripting like 4 months ago but that's still something i'm not very good at.
Past experience: I've mostly been working alone, trying to improve my skills. This would be my 2nd team to join, the 1st one fell apart unfortunately.
Skills: Mostly Mapping ;)
Experience example(s): Will send in a PM
Time Zone: GMT +2
Availability: my skype is online every minute my pc is on, so if i'm online, i'm available ;)
Contact Information: Skype. I can send my skype name in PM.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Short Autobiography: been working with mapping for about a year now, became pretty good at it. I also started scripting like 4 months ago but that's still something i'm not very good at.
Past experience: I've mostly been working alone, trying to improve my skills. This would be my 2nd team to join, the 1st one fell apart unfortunately.
Skills: Mostly Mapping ;)
Experience example(s): Will send in a PM
Time Zone: GMT +2
Availability: my skype is online every minute my pc is on, so if i'm online, i'm available ;)
Contact Information: Skype. I can send my skype name in PM.
thanks for applying, samples look good. Welcome to the team. Can you do 2 maps for me with wesleyfg's tilesets. I was planning to start the hero/an would start off in a graveyard. So I would need a graveyard map and a town map as well using another one of wesleyfg's tilesets *you would need the 1st 2 tilesets from his site*.

EDIT:

here's another attempt at redoing an alucard sprite.

View attachment 69958

Tell me what you think?

I'm working overtime for the next 3 weeks so let's hope the team can get full time scritpers and spriters soon.

Last edited:

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
thanks for applying, samples look good. Welcome to the team. Can you do 2 maps for me with wesleyfg's tilesets. I was planning to start the hero/an would start off in a graveyard. So I would need a graveyard map and a town map as well using another one of wesleyfg's tilesets *you would need the 1st 2 tilesets from his site*.

Would like to, but unfortunately I can't do tile inserting :(

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Would like to, but unfortunately I can't do tile inserting :(
then do a few town maps *some different types for pokemon emerald* and will decide where they'll go later.
EDIT:

managed to resize and do a new mega charizard form as well. What do you think?

View attachment 69959

Last edited:

PurpleCharizardZX

PurpleCharizard here!!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
@qaz015393 have some sprites that can not be imported, and they have must be indexed.
Either way, you should say the work we must do.

Short Autobiography:
Past experience: I'm working on my hacks.
Skills: Mapping, Sprite Maker.
Time Zone: Brazil, Can't remember timezone.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
@qaz015393 have some sprites that can not be imported, and they have must be indexed.
Either way, you should say the work we must do.

Short Autobiography:
Past experience:I'm working on my hacks.
Skills: Mapping, Sprite Maker.
Time Zone: Brazil, Can't remember timezone.
@PurpleCharizardZX
yeah thanks for telling me that. And sorry for the lack of stuff to do I try to log in here but I get too many errors so I stop trying for the night and pass out and try the next night.
I'm not good at sprites. I added one I tried to do. I just did resize renders. I finished the mega charizard last night after I posted it and it's indexed and can be imported *I tested it out* By any chance do you do tile inserts for maps bc I was planing on using some for the first 2 areas *and maybe more*. Can you do sprites for Alucard and Victoria *from the anime hellsing*, Light, kira. L and N sprites as well *from the anime Death Note* and do ones based off the hero and heron drawings I did. When you are done with those can you send them to Th3Duke99088 & DJTurtleslayers.

@ Th3Duke99088 can you do OW sprites for the sprites PurpleCharizardZX sends you. Also for the world map I was planning on having the region have a good amount of places to visit on both sides. Having two regions on one map *the second region having 6 cities*... can you do some so I have more than 3 to select from.

I hope the team can get a scripter soon to move the hack along faster *and come up with more for the hack*.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
I wanna help with making some maps, I actually became pretty good at it, but im bad at scripting (WARNING!), so without further ado:

Short Autobiography:
Im rodygo, and I have been playing pokemon since I was a little kid :)
a few years ago (probably 2-3, can't remember) I found out about the hacking community, I downloaded some tools and began making my own game, unfortunatly somehow it got corrupted, and the second game i was making also good corrupted, and he third (some kind of pattern maybe?) and I am to stupid to backup every once in a while so yeaaah.

Past experience:
3 custom games.

Skills:
Mapping, a little bit spriting tho im not good with inserting palletes.

Experience example(s):
Like I said, 3 games which are all corrupted and gone by now.

Time Zone:
GMT +1

Availability:
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Contact Information:
Skype (tho I do not have a mike or webcam)

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Last edited:
Back