• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sea Spirit's Den...Possible Lugia Event?

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
Years
If you've ever glanced at any of Lugia's PokeDex entries, or seen Pokemon 2000, then you know that it is considered to be the "Guardian of the Seas".

So, with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres each appearing in the game and only being catchable at the Sea Spirit's Den, doesn't it seem possible that there may be some sort of event involving all three birds and Lugia?

I've been trying to get my hands on the other two Birds to see if anything changes in-game, but so far no dice. Everyone is too attached to their hard-sought Legendaries, which I totally understand.

Thoughts?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I had thought of Lugia when I saw the den's name.

And I guess Moltres/ Articuno/ Zapdos being in it after getting chased does seems to hint at it.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
Years
Past installments to the Pokemon series have done a similar in-game event where a Pokemon exclusive to the other version must be traded in order to unlock a battle with another Legendary Pokemon.

You needed to have both Groudon and Kyogre in order to access Rayquaza in HG/SS.

You needed to have both Thundurus and Tornadus in order to get Landorus in B/W.

So it is plausible that having Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres together in X/Y will unlock an event which leads to capturing Lugia.

James

Make it double!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Makes me wonder though, If they are going to do something with Lugia, what about Ho-oh? no offense to the Lugia lovers out there, but i would rather see some Ho-oh action.
But i do agree with Rilence, Lugia was the first thing that came to my mind when i say the name. Then is was Manaphy.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is possible that the Sea Spirit Den will be used for multipul events. My first thought was a new event pokemon, which is still possible, I never thought of Lugia though. It makes sense however.

I to am trying to get Zapdos and Articuno, but not having much luck. I was surprised I was able to get a Yveltal as it is with a perfect IV Bulbasaur I had that hatched from an egg.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When I first saw it's name I though of Manaphy, then Kyogre...took awhile to think of Lugia...I wouldn't mind though if this is where we catch it :3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't really think they would put the birds in the game and make them flee about 10 times and then attack us in the Sea Spirit Den. And we know that they have been known to force us to trade to unlock things.

It is very possible indeed, just wish people would stop asking for pokemon that aren't even in the game yet like Feebas for the Legendary Birds.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
Sadly, nothing happens if you bring all three birds to the den. I helped test the theory a few days ago with no luck :/

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
That could be a possibility, but I'd want something with that chamber if emptiness that holds an item but I forgot the name, it's practically useless but I'd like an event to go with the cave.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That could be a possibility, but I'd want something with that chamber if emptiness that holds an item but I forgot the name, it's practically useless but I'd like an event to go with the cave.
I also want something there...

I wonder if that cave will be another Scorched Slab (the place where you get sunny day's tm in Hoenn...though that place is a reference to the cavern Amaterasu, the Shinto Sun goddess hid herself after her brother, Susano'O's, rampage. Wonder if this place is based on any significant part of french History).
I'm hoping it'll have something to do with Kyurem...as it represent Wuji...which means both infinite and nothing...thus empty...there's a void... so maybe it'll be where we can create the original dragon...once we transfer the Tao trio over...

If not then Arceus emerging from the "nothingness".

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Cave of Emptiness, if that is the one near the first gym, hold Banetteite at 8 to 9 at night. It is starting to get hard to pinpoint event pokemon areas, since everything is starting to have some sort of meaning.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
With news going around of the three event pokemon, I'm starting to think the fire/water pokemon will be found in the Den, the ghost/psychic in chamber of emptiness (relating to the ghost type of banette), and the rock/fairy found in the shiny light where you get alakazite in reflection cave (since carbink is the same type and also found in the cave, kinda makes sense). Idk. I like the Lugia hypothesis too!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Maybe they'll give out a Lugia for an event, and when you take it there, it'll unlock one of the new hidden Pokemon? >_____> ...maybe.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
With news going around of the three event pokemon, I'm starting to think the fire/water pokemon will be found in the Den, the ghost/psychic in chamber of emptiness (relating to the ghost type of banette), and the rock/fairy found in the shiny light where you get alakazite in reflection cave (since carbink is the same type and also found in the cave, kinda makes sense). Idk. I like the Lugia hypothesis too!

Where did you hear about those three event Pokemon?

Years
Sadly, nothing happens if you bring all three birds to the den. I helped test the theory a few days ago with no luck :/

So? It could be like the same way sorta how you unlock the regis, specific pokemon in a certain order in your party?

Back