ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Question...
I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~

FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 24th, 2013 (2:47 AM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
    Question...
    I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
    Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~
    The table will most like spill over into other data. When YAPE first saves, it takes all of the move data in the rom and condenses it into a massive new table, which it refers to as the "move pool". So, by removing the restriction on this table, it will most likely just keep adding to it and corrupt other data. Or, it will just error on you. Not sure.

If you want, I can explain how to add new moves in PGE. However, since PGE and YAPE have very different move editing schemes and formats, they don't play well with each other.

Paired with Simba
    Old October 24th, 2013 (10:14 AM).

Nature: Mild
      Two questions:

- I have a few longer scripts which initiate trainer battles at some point, and when they do so, they cause the player overworld to abruptly about face. Any thoughts as to why? I've toyed with different trainerbattle settings, to no avail.

- I have not experienced this problem personally, but one of my testers has shown the revolving doors in Fortree Gym flipped 180 degrees vertically. I've left the level scripts the same, and do not experience the problem myself. I don't have any scripts in-game which toy with the associate vars, either.
      Old October 24th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
      Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
        Hey everyone I just have a quick question. I am currently editing pokemon emerald but I do not know how to insert the background in the intro of the game (the one that is behind professor birch) I know that it can be done in pokemon ruby, so if anyone can help me find a tutorial or tell me the unlz number anything like that it would be great. Thanks again.

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
        Old October 24th, 2013 (12:00 PM).

Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089
          And is there a tutorial on how to make scripts with this?
          Old October 24th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
          Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
            How do I insert preprogrammed Names for the hero and rival it will save me 3 bugs lol,

My hack
            Old October 24th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
            Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
              Have you tried advance text?

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
              Old October 24th, 2013 (12:55 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by Airikita.

Can someone tell me how to switch a theme to play three channels?
                I'm referencing this page: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7897747#post7897747

The theme I'm trying to import won't play the 4th channel, even if I change the pointer. I added 03 xx xx, but it's not working. I was able to get the channel to work in 01 and 02...

(Pokemon Gold GBC)

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
                Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
                Check out my channel for more!
                Old October 24th, 2013 (3:09 PM).
                Pokemon Master

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post... but, here it is.
                  I need a cheat for making trainers not stop you for Pokemon FireRed on VisualBoy Advance emulator. Sorry if this isn't the right place. :I

Friend Code: 1220-5913-1238
                  Old October 24th, 2013 (3:16 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by awipe1.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
                    Is this the program that you should use to add day and night to pokemon fire red? I never tried it before so i'm not sure if it will mess up my rom or not.
                    Im sure it will work.

However as someone who has been ROM hacking for the past year, I HIGHLY Recommened making back-up versions of your ROM DAILY!!!
                    Things can go terribly wrong sometimes, and your ROM might crash and you won't be able to get it back. So Start making back ups of your ROM.

Does anyone know where to change the trainer sprites of the male and female hero in the intro of the game? (Like after you say "BOY" and a picture of RED pops up, I want to change that picture.)
                    Old October 24th, 2013 (4:48 PM).

I'm going to change my question from earlier...

Where is the offset in ROM to the title screen music in Pokemon Gold? I'm having trouble finding it.

Old October 24th, 2013 (5:00 PM).
                      Free supporter
                      • Silver Tier

I've had this problem a few times in the past too, but randomly (probably a reason, and thus not really random) I would lose control of the player. Normally happens after a wild pokemon encounter, once the encounter is over the player's sprite stays in place (the game isn't frozen) but when you try to move, the camera moves and every so often you see the player's sprite in a different pallete moving around (I might mention that it's not even centered).
                      Any ideas what's going on, the cause and how to fix it?
                      Old October 24th, 2013 (5:13 PM).
                      Oh Hai Thar~
                      • Silver Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
                      I've had this problem a few times in the past too, but randomly (probably a reason, and thus not really random) I would lose control of the player. Normally happens after a wild pokemon encounter, once the encounter is over the player's sprite stays in place (the game isn't frozen) but when you try to move, the camera moves and every so often you see the player's sprite in a different pallete moving around (I might mention that it's not even centered).
                      An NPC close by must be triggering that glitch.
                      Change the NPC's unknown number and test it again.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                      If you want, I can explain how to add new moves in PGE. However, since PGE and YAPE have very different move editing schemes and formats, they don't play well with each other.
                      I'd appreciate that. :3
                      PM or VM will do, thanks~

Old October 24th, 2013 (5:23 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ShinyGlaceon View Post
                        I'm not sure if this is the right place to post... but, here it is.
                        I need a cheat for making trainers not stop you for Pokemon FireRed on VisualBoy Advance emulator. Sorry if this isn't the right place. :I
                        Yeah, not the right place. We can however, teach you how to hack the rom itself to accomplish this, but this is not the place for cheats.

Quote:
                        I've solved this about 10 times for people on this very thread. Dude, I know you're my friend, but I'm not gonna repeat myself again. If you can't find it, just let me know.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by pokefreake View Post
                        DNS by Prime Dialga. I have used it on multiple roms with no issues.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Cold Ivory View Post
                        Two questions:

- I have a few longer scripts which initiate trainer battles at some point, and when they do so, they cause the player overworld to abruptly about face. Any thoughts as to why? I've toyed with different trainerbattle settings, to no avail.

- I have not experienced this problem personally, but one of my testers has shown the revolving doors in Fortree Gym flipped 180 degrees vertically. I've left the level scripts the same, and do not experience the problem myself. I don't have any scripts in-game which toy with the associate vars, either.
                        1) Command "spriteface" will allow you to do this. Look it up in XSE by hitting F1.

2) Weird. Ask him what he was doing as he played. Did he start fresh, or from a save?

Paired with Simba
                        Old October 24th, 2013 (5:44 PM).
                        Free supporter
                        • Silver Tier

Quote:
                        Apparently using Facedown is incorrect and bugs things up. You're supposed to use the default no movement for that (or so the PHO IRC folk tell me).
                        Old October 24th, 2013 (5:47 PM). Edited October 24th, 2013 by PokéMew.
                        Pokémon Fuchsia
                        • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                        Im sure it will work.

However as someone who has been ROM hacking for the past year, I HIGHLY Recommened making back-up versions of your ROM DAILY!!!
                        Things can go terribly wrong sometimes, and your ROM might crash and you won't be able to get it back. So Start making back ups of your ROM.

Does anyone know where to change the trainer sprites of the male and female hero in the intro of the game? (Like after you say "BOY" and a picture of RED pops up, I want to change that picture.)
                        I have replaced all of the intro sprites a while back using this tutorial:
                        http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-X45A4b_o&app=m
                        It will show you how to replace all of their sprites, and it worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!
                        Old October 24th, 2013 (5:54 PM).

Old October 24th, 2013 (5:58 PM).
                          Pokémon Fuchsia
                          • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                          Umm... I just told you...

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                          I have replaced all of the intro sprites a while back using this tutorial:
                          http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-X45A4b_o&app=m
                          It will show you how to replace all of their sprites, and it worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!
                          Old October 24th, 2013 (6:22 PM).
                          Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good

Quote:
                            Apparently using Facedown is incorrect and bugs things up. You're supposed to use the default no movement for that (or so the PHO IRC folk tell me).
                            In Advance Map 1.92, there are two Look Down options- one of them works fine, the other one makes the game flip out. I believe it's the first one that is safe, but you can figure it out through experimentation and rename it in the INI files once you've got it.

Advance Map 1.95 (which you shouldn't be using in general) renames the broken one to something less deceptive- while you shouldn't save in 1.95, you can look over your maps with it to figure out which NPCs are using the wrong Face Down.

I don't advise using No Movement. It *might* be safe, but I've run into problems with it before, and the safe Face Down is perfectly fine.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
                            Old October 24th, 2013 (6:24 PM).

Quote:
                              That is one answer, but it doesn't always work for everyone (and didn't work for me.). I have had sprites which face up that have this happen without any "facedown"s on the map.

My way is to simply move the sprite to the edge of the screen and permanently hide it by setting its person ID to the flag set that controls the pokemon option on the start menu. Then recreate the sprite. I have found that if you delete the old one, the issue simply shifts to a new sprite, no matter the movement permissions.

Paired with Simba
                              Old October 24th, 2013 (8:02 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by PokéMew151 View Post
                                Umm... I just told you...
                                Oh sorry I never saw your reply!

Also I tried watching that video and I got an error message saying 'Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rtsp) isn't associated with any program.'

Do you know what this means?

If not, do you have another way of showing me that video? :p
                                Old October 24th, 2013 (9:05 PM).

Hi, I posted my topic in the Slideshow Showcase section, and I want to know why this topic isn't being accepted here:
                                  http://hax.iimarck.us/post/31155/#p31155

I am not happy with how this section is moderated, I PM'd both moderators asking where to post this... neither of them have replied for some time (more than 3 days, I forget).

Can you tell me what is wrong with my topic?!?

Old October 24th, 2013 (9:28 PM).
                                  Oh Hai Thar~
                                  • Silver Tier

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Airikita View Post
                                  Hi, I posted my topic in the Slideshow Showcase section, and I want to know why this topic isn't being accepted here:

I am not happy with how this section is moderated, I PM'd both moderators asking where to post this... neither of them have replied for some time (more than 3 days, I forget).

If they wont reply via PM, then bug them via VM.
                                  Visit their profile and leave your question there as a VM (Visitor Message).

Old October 24th, 2013 (9:31 PM).
                                  Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Airikita View Post

Well from what I saw on your thread (a brief look through) I noticed your screens were quite bare and didn't show much significant modification from the original Gold Version (I believe you need 4 non-map screenshots that don't heavily resemble the original ROM's maps) and lacking a bit of a story behind it all.
                                    Old October 24th, 2013 (9:48 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                                      Well from what I saw on your thread (a brief look through) I noticed your screens were quite bare and didn't show much significant modification from the original Gold Version (I believe you need 4 non-map screenshots that don't heavily resemble the original ROM's maps) and lacking a bit of a story behind it all.
                                      Well, the lack of story was why I put it in Slideshow Showcase... but yes, probably missing some better screens.

I am also posting here for feedback, and my lack of storyline is because this was going to be a dungeon-rush project, but I might change that.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply