• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Issues with signature editing

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
When I attempt to edit my signature, I get this white screen that asks for one of those stupid captchas. It's generated by Cloudflare (which BTW needs to die a slow and painful death). The changes still go through when I solve their lame puzzle, but it's still annoying to do it every single time I want to preview my signature.

Is anyone else having this issue, or is this just my computer being a pain?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I thought this was resolved?
This problems has happened 2 times in the past (the previous was pointed by me so I know what I'm talking about). Rukario was doing something and it disappeared...
You should check the old thread.

But what I can say, it's unfortunately very common.

Years
This is a known problem around and apparently when using high volumes of CSS code it triggers something at the Cloudflare servers. Just enter the captcha and you should be good to go, even though I am aware it's a nuisance.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
You may want to test your signature on another forum/BBCode accepting area instead. It's just a precaution measure for malicious coding, as far as I'm concerned. Happens all the time for me since I decorate my signature usually with CSS.

Rukario

Banned
Years
sorry about that but better safer than hax'd and broken. Its a minor annoyance that's worth the outcome.. for now.

also note: the css we allow is not standard in a forum for the most part (its a custom feature that we offer to you) and CloudFlare doesn't 'expect' it so triggers one or more of its protection triggers.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
also note: the css we allow is not standard in a forum for the most part (its a custom feature that we offer to you) and CloudFlare doesn't 'expect' it so triggers one or more of its protection triggers.
Oh, I never thought of this but that makes sense. Now I shall endure those captcha things with less anger.

Back