• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
On the subject of new RPs, I should be submitting The Buster Warriors around the end of the month.

Is it Megaman? I'm guilty of shamelessly-not-tracking the Roleplay Discussion Thread.

On another note, I'm currently devising a bunch of RPs. I already know which one I'm submitting the soonest, so I won't mention it again I have it near-release or submission or whatever you'd like to call it.

But there is something I've been wondering: Would anyone perchance be interested in a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann RP? I've been finding that it wouldn't be hard to cover at least the first half of the series, but this isn't something I'd be willing to make. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because I barely have time for posting in itself, let alone devising for another RP for a while.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
@DLM : No, it's an original that I thought up.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@ Chibi Pelippers Hmmm quite, not only have few been accepted but I know for a fact that mine at least if none of the others is having serious recruitment problems. We don't even have half the people needed for me to submit the IC yet. It's a shame, me and my wonderful co-GMs already have a nice long IC Opening post ready and everything.

Yep looks like activity has dropped a bit. I would imagine that is because (for the majority of the world) this is the first term back in school, so is busy and a bit pressurised. It's a shame we can't keep the constant buzz of the summer holidays.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yep looks like activity has dropped a bit. I would imagine that is because (for the majority of the world) this is the first term back in school, so is busy and a bit pressurised. It's a shame we can't keep the constant buzz of the summer holidays.
Probably. I am only on one (active) RP at the moment. I did the unthinkable and let the others die ;; I should need to join something more now, to get my creative juices going. I'm straining myself to not submit a RP of my own, it would be better to join something existing in this stage.

That Sekrei RP looks interesting, but I'm not sure I fully enjoy the concept. I think I'd want to do like many others have said here, play as a pokémon. Which is interesting, as normally I don't enjoy that very much.

@ JNathan - that looks really cool. Could be a very entertaining RP! I hope you will submit it and I shall think about trying to join.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Well we could make changes and/or exceptions for people who are awesome :D Always willing to accept any critiques. I just hope we get more SUs soon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Approvals are coming tomorrow. Sorry for the delay people but I've had a busy week.

Looking for people who are interested in co-GMing a Kalos Roleplay. Details in spoiler, subject to change.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
That sounds particularly interesting, Magic Fox! Despite the continuously ridiculous haircuts I did see a lot of potential in Team Flare so the roleplay certainly caught my eye. I'm not sure if I'm quite Game Master material but I'd be happy to lend a hand if you'd need it. ^^

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
That looks like something I'd for sure be interested in. I'll keep an eye out for it.

On that note, assuming it's accepted, SUs for Pressure will begin tomorrow. It's that little horror RP I was talking about; set in Hoenn, players will be stranded in an underwater cave system. Not only will they have to survive their isolation, but the caves are filled with creatures that aren't too happy with visitors. There are warnings for intense situations and character death, but everyone is encouraged to at least take a peek and see if it's something they'd be interested in. This is probably going to be the biggest project I've ever done on PC.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
@Swifty I'm totally up for Co-Gming it if for any reason you think I'm up to it! :D After all I already told you I was interested in your Kalos RP. GM or not I'm getting in I promise you that muahahaha.

@Strikit My dear, need I even say it? You know what to expect from me ;)

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
so there are roleplays where people are pokemon and there are roleplays where there are trainers but no ones made one where people are gym leaders. if i made a gym based roleplay who would be up for it?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@H3115r3p3ntanc3: That doesn't really bring anything to mind. I don't think anyone can earnestly commit themselves to an RP only knowing one teeny tiny detail about it. =o I would heavily recommend fleshing out the plot a little and asking again, because even if some people -were- all "Yeah that's cool" there's literally no way to ensure they'll even like the actual concept once it's fleshed out into an actual RP.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
So I'm almost ready to post that roleplay I've been working on.

Incase anyone remembers, It's a journey roleplay for a fictional region. Main goal would be to challenge the 4 gym leaders and eventually defeat the evil team, with some twists and redirections over the course of the roleplay.

Below is what I wrote as an introduction to the roleplay.

Spoiler:

I have a lot more background information written, but this is just to give a taste of what the roleplay will be like. Anyone have any thoughts?

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I know I don't drop by the discussion thread enough, but I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a Roleplay about a school of magic. So far I've gotten a bit of the background worked out, but without revealing too much here is a bit of a teaser to the concept.

Spoiler:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I love the smell of freshly accepted RPs in the evening.... must resist any temptations.

Seriously though, a few did jump out at me as being very intriguing.

Kind of a general question for everyone: What is the one RP that you have been dying to see on here but nobody has filled your need for yet? Not that I'm gathering ideas or anything. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back