• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that you used to play?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Are there any games that you used to play in the past, but you no longer do? Do you miss them?

I used to play Star Fox 64 a lot when I was about nine. It was extremely fun. I still have this game somewhere down in my basement, but since my N64 doesn't work anymore, I most likely won't be able to play it. I could go ahead and buy the same exact Star Fox game for my 3DS, but I just don't think it'll have the ability to provide me with the same kind of experience, unfortunately. :( The game will be similar to the original Star Fox 64, but it won't be completely the same.

I also used to play Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City back when I had my PSP. I still have the game in my drawer, but I just don't have my PSP though, which prevents me from playing it. I've traded-in my PSP three to four years ago because I wanted to get myself a new DSi.

Last edited:
Years
I used to play Star Fox 64 when I was a lot younger. It never ever got boring for me either. I'd say the game (or series of) that have the most nostalgic value to me is Zelda though. Especially Ocarina of Time. I mean, sure, I've played it on the 3DS but nothing will ever come close to how I felt when I completed it for the first time. It took me so long when I was a kid and saving Hyrule felt like the biggest accomplishment ever. Especially after the amazing ending credits.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Phantasy star online.

I used to play this game with my best friend for hours. Farming has always been something I found relaxing and doing it with someone else was great fun. I stopped after my memory card corrupted and I lost everything, All my special weapons and specially made mags. Hasn't been a game that I miss more than this.

Years
Snowboard Kids 64 was my favorite game when I was an age I can't pinpoint. I loved the music and always playing side-by-side with my brother and cousins for hours on end. Starlight Highway was chaos, and I was always getting a pie to the head! Definitely miss those times along with memories before online gaming where we were together more often bickering over who got next which made winning all the more worth it. There was also Smash Brothers, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart and Mario Party that would stay in competition from morning to bedtime. It was all about that Nintendo!

Nakala Pri

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I didn't actually complete the game myself (I was far too scared of Bulbins) so I just made pretend stories and imagined my character looked like someone from Final Fantasy, then I would use my imagination to the max and just... well, have an epic time.

At one point I made a story so good, my sis participated and we made a crazy-ass story. Good times. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah tons. Mainly PS3 games such as God of War, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, Killzone, LBG and Resistance because I don't have the console anymore.

TY

My friends are really into it and i gave it a try too, but i've become to hate it, every year its the same thing over and over again, while people expect it to change. This game is so painful after MW2, and im not even gonna play Ghosts at a friends house...

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
dark cloud 2. It had an amazing and touching stories with great characters too. and then my PS2.....Had to break.

also super mario 64. One of the best mario games I have ever played but more importantly it was also my very very very first game. and then my N64.....Well lets just say my mom pawned it.....

on the gamecube the game I miss the MOST is melee..super smash bros melee. I played the game All the time. never got boring just never. and then my gamecube had to break....

on the wii the game I miss the most would be well hmm.......I am going with.....Build N Race.(bet no one knows this game). crazy fun game with a ton of track customizations. would play thsi game for hours and hours and hours making up wacky track courses lol. and then my wii....well I left it to die lol. plus all my games on their messed up anyway hahaa

Years
Runescape. I couldn't get enough of this game a few years ago. I would have phases of it. I'd play it for 2 months straight, get bored of it for the next month so on until all of a sudden I just never came back to it. I get nostalgic rushes every time I think about it actually.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Mario Kart DS. At one point, that game was pretty much my summer. However, I burnt out on that game so bad I can't stand to look at it anymore.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
There where 3 main series games I don't play anymore as I don't own the games anymore, and yes at times I do miss them.

• one of those games is Grand Theft Auto (3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV) - my younger brother and I would play them for hours, I went the Pokemon direction and stopped playing it, my younger brother still plays it.

• Metal Gear Solid, I was a fan of the games, when I played them, I would for hours (that was when i wasn't playing GTA) - don't know what happened to most of the games

• before GTA and MGS I would play a lot Conker's Bad Fur Day, that was my #1 game after school - my younger brother and I would be playing for long times, we had so much fun with it. It's probably the one game I actually do miss. I don't even own my N64 anymore, don't know what happened to the game or console.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Digimon World series. I'd still play it if my save file on World 3 didn't get corrupted. Sad sad day when it happened.

Years
I used to play sonic adventure (think that's what it is called!) on the dream cast! I loved collecting eggs and hatching them and feeding those little green onion head things nimals so they would grow ears and what not. I used to throw the eggs a lot so they would disappear though :/
Best part was the tamagotchi thing you had with the dream cast you could transfer your 'onion head thing' ingame to play with.i really can't remember the name of them but mine was called mini me :/
My memory sucks so sorry for the dodgy info! :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I used to play the first two Golden Sun games a lot. I've gotten the best equipment and what not. Also I even tried to max out the levels in the first game (you can finish the game easily at lvl 20ish, so you can imagine how long this would take) but only got to somewhere in the 80s.

Golden Sun was my first RPG ever, well besides Pokemon, of course. Miss the old times...

Back