• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Habits - Gaming Edition

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
We all have 'em. In life and, especially, in video games. So, what habits, that you would consider "bad", compromise your gaming personality/life? It could be from skipping cutscenes to leaving your discs out of their cases. So let's hear it, if you care to share. :)

TY

In RTS games: Getting upgrades before tech units
I dunno why i do this, i just want to have a advantage in upgrades at the cost of a bigger army xD

In CoD zombies i keep gambling at the Mystery Box till i get a LMG or a Wonder Weapon, and i waste tons of points in the process xP

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
In RTS games: Getting upgrades before tech units
I dunno why i do this, i just want to have a advantage in upgrades at the cost of a bigger army xD

In CoD zombies i keep gambling at the Mystery Box till i get a LMG or a Wonder Weapon, and i waste tons of points in the process xP

I do the same thing in RTS games. Certain ones don't upgrade all of your units and structures that are already made once you upgrade and I hate that. When I create my units/structures I want them to be as powerful as they can be so I tend to lack in defense and focus to much on upgrades and resource collecting in the beginning.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Saving after I know I've probably already saved. Well, it's not a bad habit, but I get the feeling that I'm wasting time and will forever be behind by a few seconds in all my life's endeavours.

Ah, but the biggest offender would be reloading weapons when I don't need to, leaving me unnecessarily vulnerable. Maybe that's part of why I like shotguns with tubular magazines — one can stop the reload partway through and not have it be for nothing. Indeed, constantly reloading can be an integral part of using shotguns effectively as the short-range weapons they are in video games. This all reminds me of the Hunting Shotgun in Fallout: New Vegas; amazing weapon if one has the Shotgun Surgeon perk and good Agility, but the reload animation could easily glitch if one moved while reloading.

Nakala Pri

Leaving disc's in another games cover, leaving the disc's out of their covers and deleting my file for the thousandth time to start fresh and never complete it. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
OK~

1. Doing multiple things just to see what would happen, then restarting the game.

2. Get bored of a game halve way through.

3. Forgetting about the game I'm playing... And forgetting to turn it off.

And restarting on animal crossing just to annoy resetti

Back