The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Resource HG / SS Music Patch [FR] [EM]

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old October 16th, 2013 (7:49 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
    0-6: Percussive chordophones and idiophones
    7: Xylophone?
    8: Tubular Bells
    9: Vibraphone?
    10: Music Box
    11-12: Idiophones
    13: Accordion
    14: Acoustic Guitar
    15: Acoustic Guitar
    16: Overdriven Guitar
    17: Overdriven Guitar
    18: ???
    19: Upright Bass
    20: ??? (a bass instrument)
    21: Slap Bass
    22: ??? (a bass instrument)
    23: String Ensemble
    24: Viola or Violin (I'm not sure)
    25: Cello
    26: Pizzicato Strings
    27: Harp
    (...)
    49-51: Not an instrument
    52-53: Squares (used in the credits)
    54: Not an instrument
    55: Whistle
    56: ??? (sounds like a synthetic cymbal)
    57: a type of Organ
    58-59: Not an instrument
    60-69: Vary depending on voicegroup (....)
    70-89: Not an instrument
    90-127: Some of these are the sound effects (.....)
    All sounds on your list were off when I used it. Then I realized that in my case 24 (not 23) is the Strings Ensemble, the equivalent to Tango Accordion in normal midi. Same thing happened to me with the rest of the instruments. For me 30 was the Trumpet, not 29. After checking with more instruments I noticed every instrument was off by 1.

I use the HGSS patch for Emerald. Are all the instruments you guys inserted organized the exact same way in every rom? I'm using your list now, but obviously using the number+1 otherwise the instrument would be wrong lol. Just a heads up, in case anybody else is having problems inserting their own tracks using the instruments in your patch

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 17th, 2013 (8:50 AM).
    Drag a needle on the good today

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AntiRellik1 View Post
      All sounds on your list were off when I used it. Then I realized that in my case 24 (not 23) is the Strings Ensemble, the equivalent to Tango Accordion in normal midi. Same thing happened to me with the rest of the instruments. For me 30 was the Trumpet, not 29. After checking with more instruments I noticed every instrument was off by 1.

I use the HGSS patch for Emerald. Are all the instruments you guys inserted organized the exact same way in every rom? I'm using your list now, but obviously using the number+1 otherwise the instrument would be wrong lol. Just a heads up, in case anybody else is having problems inserting their own tracks using the instruments in your patch :)
      My apologies, I made that list according to their number in Sappy rather than a midi editor. Basically the only differences between the Emerald patch and the FireRed patch are the location of the data and the songs that are included. There is also a bug in the Emerald patch that will be an easy fix.

Boyboy - Vices
      Old October 17th, 2013 (8:33 PM).

Quote:
        My apologies, I made that list according to their number in Sappy rather than a midi editor. Basically the only differences between the Emerald patch and the FireRed patch are the location of the data and the songs that are included. There is also a bug in the Emerald patch that will be an easy fix.
        Yeah, I supposed that the differences between EM and FR would be data location, pointers and such. No need to apologize! Keep up the great work guys.
        BTW, I still keep getting isntruments freezing while running the ROM on Sappy. Haven't tried on my Android phone though.
        Old October 18th, 2013 (9:34 AM).

Nature: Serious
          Tested and apparently everything is perfect, thank you!

Old October 19th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
          (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
          • Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
          If anyone would like to help shoot me a PM, as I'm working on the BW/2 music now, and this is sorta aside for me, not cancelled, just not priority.

Support me at my site!
          Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
          Old October 21st, 2013 (9:14 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
            If anyone would like to help shoot me a PM, as I'm working on the BW/2 music now, and this is sorta aside for me, not cancelled, just not priority.
            I'm really busy with college and other stuff, otherwise I'd help.
            Old October 22nd, 2013 (2:32 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2013 by GoGoJJTech.
            • Gold Tier

Quote:
            I'm really busy with college and other stuff, otherwise I'd help.
            As of now it's just an assemble song since the instruments are in (freakin' finally)
            The only thing that requires work is the gb music versions of everything. That's an assemble and port from a specific voicegroup, and it has over 140 instrument slots, not just 128.

Support me at my site!
            Old October 26th, 2013 (10:51 PM). Edited October 26th, 2013 by AntiRellik1.

Quote:
              As of now it's just an assemble song since the instruments are in (freakin' finally)
              The only thing that requires work is the gb music versions of everything. That's an assemble and port from a specific voicegroup, and it has over 140 instrument slots, not just 128.
              You mean the only thing left to do is to port the songs, loop them and insert? Fill me up, I might be able to help out when I get some free time. It'd be more comfortable to use something like Skype or the likes.
              Anyway, I have a problem with my ROM, most tracks don't work (HGSS ones). The GBA music just plays. I tried the manual patch 6 times. All the original Emerald music is there, the only ones that get changed are the routes, but the battle themes and such... they just seem to not be there at all.
              It's like patching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It's odd. The only thing I've done to the ROM after patching it is some mapping and inserting tilesets. This is strange... since between tilesets and mapping there is basically no interference with music. I tried playing a bit with the songtable in hex but no luck :\ You guys had any similar problem in the past?
              Anyway, the only way to make it all work is just exporting the songs from a clean patched Emerald rom and re-inserting in sappy in my hack, using the same offsets. Seems to work perfect, but it's better to be one the safe side xD
              Old October 27th, 2013 (12:31 AM).

Quote:
                Anyway, I have a problem with my ROM, most tracks don't work (HGSS ones). The GBA music just plays. I tried the manual patch 6 times. All the original Emerald music is there, the only ones that get changed are the routes, but the battle themes and such... they just seem to not be there at all.
                It's like patching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. It's odd. The only thing I've done to the ROM after patching it is some mapping and inserting tilesets. This is strange... since between tilesets and mapping there is basically no interference with music. I tried playing a bit with the songtable in hex but no luck :\ You guys had any similar problem in the past?
                Anyway, the only way to make it all work is just exporting the songs from a clean patched Emerald rom and re-inserting in sappy in my hack, using the same offsets. Seems to work perfect, but it's better to be one the safe side xD
                Strange... I'll check it out tomorrow and make sure that my manual has the correct information. Can you tell me exactly which songs work and which ones don't work?

Boyboy - Vices
                Old October 27th, 2013 (10:50 AM).
                • Gold Tier

Quote:
                You mean the only thing left to do is to port the songs, loop them and insert? Fill me up, I might be able to help out when I get some free time. It'd be more comfortable to use something like Skype or the likes.
                Teamviewer helps more since I can control CPUs from it. And it's not THAT simple, but due to my progress it WILL be that simple XD
                Plus don't forget about the GB music

Support me at my site!
                Old October 27th, 2013 (3:14 PM). Edited October 27th, 2013 by AntiRellik1.

Quote:
                  Strange... I'll check it out tomorrow and make sure that my manual has the correct information. Can you tell me exactly which songs work and which ones don't work?
                  In a nutshell, nearly everything after "Shoal Cave" in the Sappy list is all GBA, Including the Shoal Cave one. I'll make a list later. It's odd, since Shoal Cave was replaced by the Burned Tower theme and the Island Cave theme was replaced with the Dragons Den one, so were all the Battle themes. But in my ROM they play the original tracks. In a clean PATCHED Emerald rom all the new songs are there.

Quote:
                  Teamviewer helps more since I can control CPUs from it. And it's not THAT simple, but due to my progress it WILL be that simple XD
                  Plus don't forget about the GB music
                  Will send you a PM.

BTW, yay for me for Beta Testing xD lol
                  Old October 27th, 2013 (4:15 PM).

Quote:
                    In a nutshell, nearly everything after "Shoal Cave" in the Sappy list is all GBA, Including the Shoal Cave one. I'll make a list later. It's odd, since Shoal Cave was replaced by the Burned Tower theme and the Island Cave theme was replaced with the Dragons Den one, so were all the Battle themes. But in my ROM they play the original tracks. In a clean PATCHED Emerald rom all the new songs are there.

Will send you a PM.

BTW, yay for me for Beta Testing xD lol
                    Are you sure that you used the most recent manual? All of the songs from Shoal Cave and after were the songs made for the second update.

Also note that only the FireRed, Ruby, LeafGreen, and Sapphire patches need assistance, I'm still working on the Emerald patch (slowly but surely).

Boyboy - Vices
                    Old October 27th, 2013 (6:44 PM).

Quote:
                      Are you sure that you used the most recent manual? All of the songs from Shoal Cave and after were the songs made for the second update.

Also note that only the FireRed, Ruby, LeafGreen, and Sapphire patches need assistance, I'm still working on the Emerald patch (slowly but surely).
                      Yes, I used Manual 1.2. Didn't work. I re-downloaded Manual 1.2 just to be completely sure. Same results. I'm just reinserting the tracks again using the same offsets and pointers in Sappy. No problems so far.
                      Old October 27th, 2013 (7:15 PM).

Quote:
                        Yes, I used Manual 1.2. Didn't work. I re-downloaded Manual 1.2 just to be completely sure. Same results. I'm just reinserting the tracks again using the same offsets and pointers in Sappy. No problems so far.
                        I figured out the problem. I didn't add the changed pointers in the song table in Table.bit for the Manual1_2.rar. It's fixed now. Here's a link.

Thank you for pointing this out (and the bug that you pointed out earlier).

Boyboy - Vices
                        Old October 27th, 2013 (11:47 PM).

Quote:
                          I figured out the problem. I didn't add the changed pointers in the song table in Table.bit for the Manual1_2.rar. It's fixed now. Here's a link.

Thank you for pointing this out (and the bug that you pointed out earlier).
                          No problem! Glad to be of help.
                          Old October 28th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
                          • Gold Tier

1.2 of the Emerald patch has been fixed. Just re-click the download guys

Support me at my site!
                          Old November 8th, 2013 (10:44 PM).

I know it's been a while, but I've finally updated the Emerald patch!
                            More songs have been added and I've also attempted to fix the endless noise bug.
                            If want to apply the patch to a hacked Emerald ROM, be sure to follow the manual that's included in the .rar archive.

Link

List of new songs:
                            Spoiler:
                            358 Crystal - Battle with Legendary Dogs --> Battle - Entei
                            479 Battle - Regirock, Regice and Registeel --> Battle - Suicune
                            480 Battle - Legendary Pokémon --> Battle - Ho-Oh
                            481 Battle - Rival --> Battle - Rival
                            486 Evil Lurks --> Radio Tower Takeover
                            491 Cinnabar Island --> Cinnabar Island
                            492 Lavender Town --> Lavender Town
                            499 Viridian Forest --> Viridian Forest
                            500 Mount Moon --> Mt. Moon
                            503 Route Theme 8 --> Route 1 Theme
                            504 Route Theme 9 (FRLG Intro) --> Route 24 Theme
                            505 Route Theme 10 --> Route 3 Theme
                            506 Route Theme 11 --> Route 11 Theme
                            508 Battle 3 --> Battle - Kanto Gym Leader
                            509 Battle 4 --> Battle - Kanto Trainer
                            510 Battle 5 --> Battle - Kanto Wild Pokémon
                            511 Battle 6 --> Battle - Raikou

Boyboy - Vices
                            Old November 8th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
                            ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
                              Would this work on my already hacked rom?

Old November 9th, 2013 (12:31 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
                                Would this work on my already hacked rom?
                                If you're referring to Emerald, all data is located between 0x1200000 and 0x1400000. So if you have anything located in that area then your hack is not compatible.

Boyboy - Vices
                                Old November 9th, 2013 (8:13 AM).
                                • Gold Tier

Nice Jsziede, did you update the thread on romhack?

Support me at my site!
                                Old November 10th, 2013 (2:11 AM).

Quote:
                                  Nice Jsziede, did you update the thread on romhack?
                                  Yes, although I'm pretty sure that you have saw it by now. I've added the new link and updated the song list.

Boyboy - Vices
                                  Old December 6th, 2013 (6:46 AM).

Nature: Quiet
                                    looks amazing. cant wait it try it out
                                    Old December 8th, 2013 (7:05 PM).

With a new month comes a new update. I present version 1.4 of the Emerald patch! With most of the open world themes finished, all that's left are the encounter themes and fanfares. If there is a theme from HGSS that you like and is missing from the Emerald patch, please send me a message.

Link

Changed songs include:
                                      Spoiler:
                                      512 Pallet Town --> Pallet Town
                                      513 Oak's Lab --> Oak's Lab
                                      514 Oak's Theme --> Oak's Theme
                                      518 Pokémon Tower --> Sprout Tower
                                      520 Cerulean City --> Cerulean City
                                      521 Celadon City --> Celadon City
                                      525 Vermillion City --> Vermilion City
                                      526 Viridian City --> Viridian City
                                      540 Net Center --> Global Terminal
                                      541 Mystery Connection --> Global Trade Station
                                      543 Mount Ember --> Sinjoh Ruins
                                      557 Pallet Town (fame mix) --> National Park

There is also a manual included in the archive that explains how to apply the patch to a ROM that has already been modified.

Boyboy - Vices
                                      Old December 10th, 2013 (1:17 PM).
                                      • Gold Tier

Successfully updated. Nice work

Support me at my site!
                                      Old January 3rd, 2014 (3:55 AM).
                                      bitelaserkhalif bitelaserkhalif is offline
                                      STICK? FALLED

Nature: Bold
                                        Quote:
                                        SS Patch Updated! New Songs:
                                        258 - Get Item (V3)
                                        259 - Get Important Item (V3)
                                        260 - Get Badge (V3)
                                        261 - Get Key Item (V3)
                                        262 - Get Berry (V3)
                                        270 - You Fail It (V3)
                                        276 - Route 42 (V3)
                                        280 - Olivine City (V3)
                                        307 - Rocket Hideout (V3)
                                        308 - I forgot the name of this town, but it has a bunch of slowpokes in it (V3)
                                        309 - Goldenrod City (V3)
                                        310 - Win Trainer Battle (V3)
                                        311 - Win Wild Battle (V3)
                                        312 - Win Gym Battle (V3)
                                        314 - Cianwood City (V3)
                                        315 - Rival! (V3)
                                        316 - Rival Appears! (V3)
                                        319 - You caught a Pokemon! (V3)
                                        334 - Ice Cave (V3)
                                        339 - Battle Ancient Pokemon (V3)
                                        340 - Battle Ho-Oh (V3)
                                        341 - Battle Lugia (V3)

Downloads:
                                        UPS Patch FR v1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?c2lib9gb3nzo7cj
                                        UPS Patch FR v2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6i8v457558dfd9d/SoulSilver_Patch_v2.ups
                                        UPS Patch FR v3 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ya3o3rqp329ksc8/SoulSilver_Patch_v3.7z
                                        Yes, that's great.By the way The City which has lot of slowpokes around it is AZALEA TOWN.

Pokemon Hacks.
                                        ALSO VISIT MY BLOG: http://khaliffadhillah.blogspot.com/
                                        Quick Reply

Sponsored Links