Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 11th, 2013 (7:02 AM).
Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 23
    There are some other forums that are not so helpful at all that I have posted in, going over 48 hours with no reply so I am going to try you guys out!

    So please help.

    My team as of now consist of these and I am open to any changes/suggestions and I would like harsh advise for this is my first competitive team.

    joltion
    Timid
    Quick feet
    15-17/31/31/31/31/31
    Not sure what the iv in the HP is
    252 special attack/252 speed/4 hp
    Do not have any moves yet, still in 20s

    Garados
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    31/31/31/21-25/31/31
    252 attack,252speed, 4hp
    Not sure iv in SA but it really isn't used too well and again, no moveset yet just evolved it today.

    Still working on hatching

    Adamant arcanine

    Relaxed bronzong with levitate

    And final bold flabebe is hatching.

    Also i sill have room for one more I'm not sure what though!

    Should I take anything out and add or what do y'all think?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old November 12th, 2013 (5:12 AM).
    Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 23
      Bump anyone want to help?
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old November 12th, 2013 (6:11 AM).
      Batty's Avatar
      Batty Batty is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2013
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 153
        I'll help, I'll suggest what I can.
        Now I think maybe why you didn't get a respond before is because your team is so vague. You don't even have movesets- even if Jolteon doesn't have it's moves yet, you could list what you have planned for it.
        A lot of people use Jolteon, you can always look at what they're doing for suggestions. Anyway.

        Jolteon @ Life Orb
        Volt Switch
        Thunderbolt
        Shadow Ball
        Roar

        I would normally suggest Signal Beam in place of Roar but I just checked Serebii and it's a Gen V only move. You could replace Roar with Charge Beam, it's low damage but can raise your Sp. Atk. It's all I can think of.

        Gyarados @ Leftovers
        Dragon Dance
        Waterfall
        Ice Fang
        Earthquake

        Again, unfortunately Bounce, a good move for Gyarados, is not available to it in Gen VI.

        Arcanine @ Life Orb
        252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
        Extremespeed/ Flame Charge
        Flare Blitz
        Crunch/ Wild Charge
        Close Combat

        Don't evolve Growlithe until it learns Flare Blitz and Crunch. It doesn't learn them after evolution. If you choose to go with Extremespeed, you will have to breed Flare Blitz onto it and go with Wild Charge instead of Crunch. This is because Arcanine learns Extremespeed at level 34 but Growlithe learns Crunch and Flare Blitz after that. Unless you breed it to know Flare Blitz.

        For Bronzong, it's moveset highly depends on what you want to do with it. You can look at it's movepool to decide, you will see how diverse it is.

        And Flabebe, hm? You sure you want it to be Bold? How about Calm and send it out only when special attackers are out? It's HP and defense are just average, it can't pull off being physically defensive very well.

        Florges @ Leftovers
        252 HP/ 252 Sp Def/ 4 Sp Atk (if you want it to be more offensive you can switch HP and Sp Atk EVs)
        Wish
        Moonblast
        Misty Terrain / Aromatherapy
        Energy Ball

        Suggestions for the last slot: Goodra, Mega Gengar, Mega Mawile, Mega Aggron. Do you like any of those?
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old November 12th, 2013 (7:28 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Justintyler22.
        Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 23
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Batty View Post
          I'll help, I'll suggest what I can.
          Now I think maybe why you didn't get a respond before is because your team is so vague. You don't even have movesets- even if Jolteon doesn't have it's moves yet, you could list what you have planned for it.
          A lot of people use Jolteon, you can always look at what they're doing for suggestions. Anyway.

          Jolteon @ Life Orb
          Volt Switch
          Thunderbolt
          Shadow Ball
          Roar

          I would normally suggest Signal Beam in place of Roar but I just checked Serebii and it's a Gen V only move. You could replace Roar with Charge Beam, it's low damage but can raise your Sp. Atk. It's all I can think of.

          Gyarados @ Leftovers
          Dragon Dance
          Waterfall
          Ice Fang
          Earthquake

          Again, unfortunately Bounce, a good move for Gyarados, is not available to it in Gen VI.

          Arcanine @ Life Orb
          252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
          Extremespeed/ Flame Charge
          Flare Blitz
          Crunch/ Wild Charge
          Close Combat

          Don't evolve Growlithe until it learns Flare Blitz and Crunch. It doesn't learn them after evolution. If you choose to go with Extremespeed, you will have to breed Flare Blitz onto it and go with Wild Charge instead of Crunch. This is because Arcanine learns Extremespeed at level 34 but Growlithe learns Crunch and Flare Blitz after that. Unless you breed it to know Flare Blitz.

          For Bronzong, it's moveset highly depends on what you want to do with it. You can look at it's movepool to decide, you will see how diverse it is.

          And Flabebe, hm? You sure you want it to be Bold? How about Calm and send it out only when special attackers are out? It's HP and defense are just average, it can't pull off being physically defensive very well.

          Florges @ Leftovers
          252 HP/ 252 Sp Def/ 4 Sp Atk (if you want it to be more offensive you can switch HP and Sp Atk EVs)
          Wish
          Moonblast
          Misty Terrain / Aromatherapy
          Energy Ball

          Suggestions for the last slot: Goodra, Mega Gengar, Mega Mawile, Mega Aggron. Do you like any of those?
          First, I want to thank you for helping me out.

          I do like Goodra, gengar and mawile. Do you think one of these would help my team out more than a rapid spinner? I had been considering exadrill instead of starmie because I already have my water type covered with Gyrados.

          For bronzong I was thinking I could go with this moveset to be an absolute tank

          Bronzong @leftovers
          gyroball
          hypnosis
          stealth rock
          explosion/earthquake

          The only problem with gyroball is I am having a difficult time getting his speed IV really low.

          For arcanine, would a move set like this work well?
          Flare Blitz
          extreme speed
          thunder fang
          iron tail/flamethrower/close combat?

          also, If i want arcanine to learn extreme speed, then could I just level growlith to 56 when ever he learns flare blitz, evolve him, then use heart scale on arcanine for him to learn extreme speed?
          Not sure if I would need/want 2 fire moves though. Also, what is arcanine's unused IV? One of his defenses right?
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old November 12th, 2013 (7:52 AM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,887
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Justintyler22 View Post
          First, I want to thank you for helping me out.

          I do like Goodra, gengar and mawile. Do you think one of these would help my team out more than a rapid spinner? I had been considering exadrill instead of starmie because I already have my water type covered with Gyrados.

          For bronzong I was thinking I could go with this moveset to be an absolute tank

          Bronzong @leftovers
          gyroball
          hypnosis
          stealth rock
          explosion/earthquake

          The only problem with gyroball is I am having a difficult time getting his speed IV really low.

          For arcanine, would a move set like this work well?
          Flare Blitz
          extreme speed
          thunder fang
          iron tail/flamethrower/close combat?

          also, If i want arcanine to learn extreme speed, then could I just level growlith to 56 when ever he learns flare blitz, evolve him, then use heart scale on arcanine for him to learn extreme speed?
          Not sure if I would need/want 2 fire moves though. Also, what is arcanine's unused IV? One of his defenses right?
          I dunno how Bronzong can fare in the current meta, but it'll have to make do without Stealth Rock because it's not available yet:
          -Reflect
          -Light Screen
          -Gyro Ball
          -Earthquake/Hypnosis
          Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
          EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
          Item: Light Clay
          Ability: Levitate

          Thunder Fang is an INFERIOR option over Wild Charge. While Wild Charge also inflicts recoil damage, it's worth using over Thunder Fang. Also, Flame Charge may or may not be worth it, so stick to Extreme Speed. Arcanine also learns Flare Blitz at level 34, so if you evolve Growlithe at a time when it gets Flare Blitz (and Crunch if you so choose), then Extreme Speed will become a Heart Scale move:
          -Flare Blitz
          -Extreme Speed
          -Wild Charge/Crunch
          -Close Combat/Morning Sun
          Nature: Adamant
          EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/176 Spe
          Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
          Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

          To address Batty's rate, though I may have to disagree with some parts:
          Misty Terrain is a terrible field move; it's essentially Mist for grounded Pokemon. Florges really should use Toxic or Aromatherapy in its last slot. Use a Calm nature.

          Ice Fang, while it provides some good coverage, doesn't really see much use because of its low base power. I'd rather have Stone Edge, despite the shaky accuracy. Considering that Chesnaught and Breloom resist Water/Ground/Rock, Ice Fang may be a valid option.

          Jolteon is too frail to use Roar, due to its negative priority. Hidden Power Ice/Fire are the better options, despite Hidden Power's nerf.
          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old November 12th, 2013 (8:25 AM).
          Batty's Avatar
          Batty Batty is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2013
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 153
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
            I dunno how Bronzong can fare in the current meta, but it'll have to make do without Stealth Rock because it's not available yet:
            -Reflect
            -Light Screen
            -Gyro Ball
            -Earthquake/Hypnosis
            Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
            EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
            Item: Light Clay
            Ability: Levitate

            Thunder Fang is an INFERIOR option over Wild Charge. While Wild Charge also inflicts recoil damage, it's worth using over Thunder Fang. Also, Flame Charge may or may not be worth it, so stick to Extreme Speed. Arcanine also learns Flare Blitz at level 34, so if you evolve Growlithe at a time when it gets Flare Blitz (and Crunch if you so choose), then Extreme Speed will become a Heart Scale move:
            -Flare Blitz
            -Extreme Speed
            -Wild Charge/Crunch
            -Close Combat/Morning Sun
            Nature: Adamant
            EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/176 Spe
            Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
            Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

            To address Batty's rate, though I may have to disagree with some parts:
            Misty Terrain is a terrible field move; it's essentially Mist for grounded Pokemon. Florges really should use Toxic or Aromatherapy in its last slot. Use a Calm nature.

            Ice Fang, while it provides some good coverage, doesn't really see much use because of its low base power. I'd rather have Stone Edge, despite the shaky accuracy. Considering that Chesnaught and Breloom resist Water/Ground/Rock, Ice Fang may be a valid option.

            Jolteon is too frail to use Roar, due to its negative priority. Hidden Power Ice/Fire are the better options, despite Hidden Power's nerf.
            You're absolutely right about Florges. I made the assumption it was dual grass because it's basically a flower. -.-;

            Hidden Power was the first thing that came to y mind considering Jolteon, but given the IVs listed it would either have Dragon or Dark. But that's basically from memory. Unless if the IV he listed that was 15-17 isn't HP.
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old November 12th, 2013 (8:25 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Justintyler22.
            Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 23
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
              I dunno how Bronzong can fare in the current meta, but it'll have to make do without Stealth Rock because it's not available yet:
              -Reflect
              -Light Screen
              -Gyro Ball
              -Earthquake/Hypnosis
              Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
              EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
              Item: Light Clay
              Ability: Levitate

              Thunder Fang is an INFERIOR option over Wild Charge. While Wild Charge also inflicts recoil damage, it's worth using over Thunder Fang. Also, Flame Charge may or may not be worth it, so stick to Extreme Speed. Arcanine also learns Flare Blitz at level 34, so if you evolve Growlithe at a time when it gets Flare Blitz (and Crunch if you so choose), then Extreme Speed will become a Heart Scale move:
              -Flare Blitz
              -Extreme Speed
              -Wild Charge/Crunch
              -Close Combat/Morning Sun
              Nature: Adamant
              EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/176 Spe
              Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
              Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

              To address Batty's rate, though I may have to disagree with some parts:
              Misty Terrain is a terrible field move; it's essentially Mist for grounded Pokemon. Florges really should use Toxic or Aromatherapy in its last slot. Use a Calm nature.

              Ice Fang, while it provides some good coverage, doesn't really see much use because of its low base power. I'd rather have Stone Edge, despite the shaky accuracy. Considering that Chesnaught and Breloom resist Water/Ground/Rock, Ice Fang may be a valid option.

              Jolteon is too frail to use Roar, due to its negative priority. Hidden Power Ice/Fire are the better options, despite Hidden Power's nerf.
              @PD
              Would you suggest I take bronzong out of my team?
              Also what pokemon would you suggest I add in the 6th slot?

              @Batty
              The 15-17 is the HP for jolteon

              ***EDIT

              The only pokemon I have on lock for my team is Jolteon, Gyrados, and arcanine

              The other 2 I have not breeded yet so if you guys suggest anyone who will help my team out anymore, I would be really greatful.

              I have never participated in a competitive battle so I am really new to this.
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old November 12th, 2013 (8:43 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Batty.
              Batty's Avatar
              Batty Batty is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2013
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 153
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Justintyler22 View Post
                @PD
                Would you suggest I take bronzong out of my team?
                Also what pokemon would you suggest I add in the 6th slot?

                @Batty
                The 15-17 is the HP for jolteon

                ***EDIT

                The only pokemon I have on lock for my team is Jolteon, Gyrados, and arcanine

                The other 2 I have not breeded yet so if you guys suggest anyone who will help my team out anymore, I would be really greatful.

                I have never participated in a competitive battle so I am really new to this.
                Yeah I think that means your Hidden Power is going to be Dark or Dragon. That's not really a bad thing though, it's just not exceptionally good either.

                I think you can use Bronzong and Florges. They are both pretty good. I'd listen to PlatinumDude about the Bonzong, I'm really unsure about what moves you can't use yet in XY, so.

                Since Florges isn't a grass type (derp) Venusaur would also be an alright option for the last slot. I was also thinking of Starmie or Blastoise to rapid spin, but like you noted you already have a Water type.
                I think Gengar would be a good option. Mega Gengar is really good. The only problem I can see is that a lot of people are using it so it might have become a bit predictable and people have made teams to counter it by now.
                But I would like to know, is there any Pokemon you'd like for your last slot?
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old November 12th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
                Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 23
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Batty View Post
                  Yeah I think that means your Hidden Power is going to be Dark or Dragon. That's not really a bad thing though, it's just not exceptionally good either.

                  I think you can use Bronzong and Florges. They are both pretty good. I'd listen to PlatinumDude about the Bonzong, I'm really unsure about what moves you can't use yet in XY, so.

                  Since Florges isn't a grass type (derp) Venusaur would also be an alright option for the last slot. I was also thinking of Starmie or Blastoise to rapid spin, but like you noted you already have a Water type.
                  I think Gengar would be a good option. Mega Gengar is really good. The only problem I can see is that a lot of people are using it so it might have become a bit predictable and people have made teams to counter it by now.
                  But I would like to know, is there any Pokemon you'd like for your last slot?
                  I am thinking a rapid spinner...Maybe ferrothorn or excedrill..

                  or maybe a crobat that can clear the field? Im not too sure. I also want to team that every pokemon I use is not something that every single person uses, but ever good pokemon comes with that flaw.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old November 12th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
                  PlatinumDude's Avatar
                  PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                  Nyeh?
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 12,887
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Justintyler22 View Post
                  I am thinking a rapid spinner...Maybe ferrothorn or excedrill..

                  or maybe a crobat that can clear the field? Im not too sure. I also want to team that every pokemon I use is not something that every single person uses, but ever good pokemon comes with that flaw.
                  Note that Ferrothorn can't learn Rapid Spin, despite what Ferroseed's B/W animation may imply. Forretress, however, can do that:
                  -Stealth Rock/Spikes
                  -Rapid Spin
                  -Gyro Ball/Volt Switch
                  -Earthquake/Volt Switch
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
                  Item: Leftovers
                  Ability: Sturdy
                  __________________

                  Reply With Quote
                    #11    
                  Old November 12th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
                  Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 23
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                    Note that Ferrothorn can't learn Rapid Spin, despite what Ferroseed's B/W animation may imply. Forretress, however, can do that:
                    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
                    -Rapid Spin
                    -Gyro Ball/Volt Switch
                    -Earthquake/Volt Switch
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
                    Item: Leftovers
                    Ability: Sturdy
                    Do you think forretress would be a better option than bronzong? and also did you get my PM?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #12    
                    Old November 12th, 2013 (12:19 PM).
                    PlatinumDude's Avatar
                    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                    Nyeh?
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 12,887
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Justintyler22 View Post
                    Do you think forretress would be a better option than bronzong? and also did you get my PM?
                    If you're desperate for hazards, then Forretress may be a better fit.

                    Yes, I saw it, but I have to think about it.
                    __________________

                    Reply With Quote
                      #13    
                    Old November 12th, 2013 (12:24 PM).
                    dreyko's Avatar
                    dreyko dreyko is offline
                    Isolated System.
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2011
                      Location: Maryland
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 270
                      I feel that Forretress is better than Bronzong mainly because it gets hazards up + Rapid spin. Bronzong does not get SR outside of 5th gen, to the best of my knowledge. Bronzong is better at setting up trick room, whereas Forretress is hazards.
                      __________________
                      I may be bad, but i'm perfectly good at it.
                      3DS FC: 4012-3881-3445
                      Reply With Quote
                        #14    
                      Old November 12th, 2013 (12:33 PM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Justintyler22.
                      Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 23
                        This is what I have so far.
                        A special thanks to Platinum and Batty.


                        1. Jolteon life orb
                        timid feet
                        Timid
                        flawless iv in all with an exception in HP. 15-17 IVs in HP
                        252SA/252SP/4HP

                        Volt switch
                        Thunderbolt
                        shadow ball
                        Roar? ----Not quite sure what to have right here

                        2. Gyarados @ leftovers
                        Intimidate
                        Adamant
                        Flawless in all IV except SA. 21-25 in SA
                        252A/252SP/4 HP
                        Dragon Dance
                        Waterfall
                        Earthquake
                        Ice Fang/stone edge? ---------Still not sure what to put in for the 4th attack

                        3. Arcanine life orb/expert belt
                        flash fire
                        Adamant
                        Flawless in all IVs except SD. Not sure of SD IV yet
                        72HP, 252A, 180 Spe

                        Flare Blitz
                        extreme speed
                        wild charge
                        close combat

                        4. Forretress rocky helment
                        Sturdy
                        relaxed
                        252HP/252D/4SD

                        Stealth rock/spikes -------which one?
                        rapid spin
                        Earthquake
                        volt switch/gyro ball

                        5. Florges leftovers
                        Calm
                        252HP/252sd/4SA

                        wish
                        moonblast
                        energy ball
                        toxic/aromatheropy

                        6. Still in search for a 6th man
                        Reply With Quote
                          #15    
                        Old November 12th, 2013 (7:03 PM).
                        PlatinumDude's Avatar
                        PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                        Nyeh?
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Canada
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 12,887
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Justintyler22 View Post
                        This is what I have so far.
                        A special thanks to Platinum and Batty.


                        1. Jolteon life orb
                        timid feet
                        Timid
                        flawless iv in all with an exception in HP. 15-17 IVs in HP
                        252SA/252SP/4HP

                        Volt switch
                        Thunderbolt
                        shadow ball
                        Roar? ----Not quite sure what to have right here

                        2. Gyarados @ leftovers
                        Intimidate
                        Adamant
                        Flawless in all IV except SA. 21-25 in SA
                        252A/252SP/4 HP
                        Dragon Dance
                        Waterfall
                        Earthquake
                        Ice Fang/stone edge? ---------Still not sure what to put in for the 4th attack

                        3. Arcanine life orb/expert belt
                        flash fire
                        Adamant
                        Flawless in all IVs except SD. Not sure of SD IV yet
                        72HP, 252A, 180 Spe

                        Flare Blitz
                        extreme speed
                        wild charge
                        close combat

                        4. Forretress rocky helment
                        Sturdy
                        relaxed
                        252HP/252D/4SD

                        Stealth rock/spikes -------which one?
                        rapid spin
                        Earthquake
                        volt switch/gyro ball

                        5. Florges leftovers
                        Calm
                        252HP/252sd/4SA

                        wish
                        moonblast
                        energy ball
                        toxic/aromatheropy

                        6. Still in search for a 6th man
                        Quick Feet is useless on something as fast as Jolteon. Stick with Volt Absorb.

                        Forretress should use Leftovers, as it lacks recovery otherwise.

                        Use Protect over Energy Ball on Florges, since it helps it get the Wish recovery itself.

                        Wash Rotom can be a good fit on the team. While it shares types with Jolteon and Gyarados, it has completely different weaknesses than the both of them. It also burns opponents that would prey on Florges' weaker Defense:
                        -Volt Switch
                        -Hydro Pump
                        -Will-o-Wisp
                        -Rest
                        Nature: Bold
                        EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
                        Item: Chesto Berry

                        or
                        -Volt Switch
                        -Discharge
                        -Hydro Pump
                        -Hidden Power (Ice)
                        Nature: Modest
                        EVs: 232 HP/56 SAtk/220 Spe
                        Item: Assault Vest

                        or
                        -Volt Switch
                        -Hydro Pump
                        -Hidden Power (Ice)
                        -Trick/Thunderbolt
                        Nature: Timid
                        EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
                        Item: Choice Scarf
                        __________________

                        Reply With Quote
                          #16    
                        Old November 12th, 2013 (7:43 PM).
                        Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 23
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                          Quick Feet is useless on something as fast as Jolteon. Stick with Volt Absorb.

                          Forretress should use Leftovers, as it lacks recovery otherwise.

                          Use Protect over Energy Ball on Florges, since it helps it get the Wish recovery itself.

                          Wash Rotom can be a good fit on the team. While it shares types with Jolteon and Gyarados, it has completely different weaknesses than the both of them. It also burns opponents that would prey on Florges' weaker Defense:
                          -Volt Switch
                          -Hydro Pump
                          -Will-o-Wisp
                          -Rest
                          Nature: Bold
                          EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
                          Item: Chesto Berry

                          or
                          -Volt Switch
                          -Discharge
                          -Hydro Pump
                          -Hidden Power (Ice)
                          Nature: Modest
                          EVs: 232 HP/56 SAtk/220 Spe
                          Item: Assault Vest

                          or
                          -Volt Switch
                          -Hydro Pump
                          -Hidden Power (Ice)
                          -Trick/Thunderbolt
                          Nature: Timid
                          EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
                          Item: Choice Scarf
                          my hidden power for jolteon is either dark or dragon i think
                          Reply With Quote
                            #17    
                          Old November 12th, 2013 (8:26 PM).
                          dreyko's Avatar
                          dreyko dreyko is offline
                          Isolated System.
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2011
                            Location: Maryland
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 270
                            I agree with Rotom-W being a good addition to the team.

                            This might come down to personl preference, but i do like Blaziken over Arcanine here. It can easily outspeed many other guys that it needs to via Speed Boost.

                            The set for Blaziken i've had some success with is:

                            @ life orb
                            Speed Boost
                            Jolly

                            hi Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut
                            rock slide/ Stone Edge
                            Flare Blitz
                            Protect
                            __________________
                            I may be bad, but i'm perfectly good at it.
                            3DS FC: 4012-3881-3445
                            Reply With Quote
                              #18    
                            Old November 13th, 2013 (5:09 AM). Edited November 13th, 2013 by Justintyler22.
                            Justintyler22 Justintyler22 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 23
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by dreyko View Post
                              I agree with Rotom-W being a good addition to the team.

                              This might come down to personl preference, but i do like Blaziken over Arcanine here. It can easily outspeed many other guys that it needs to via Speed Boost.

                              The set for Blaziken i've had some success with is:

                              @ life orb
                              Speed Boost
                              Jolly

                              hi Jump Kick/Sky Uppercut
                              rock slide/ Stone Edge
                              Flare Blitz
                              Protect
                              I think that I will go with Rotom-w
                              Thank you guys alot!

                              and Im going to try to have success with arcanine just becuase hes my favorite pokemon and then if there isnt much success for him then ill use Blaziken. I have already considered that.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                              Quick Feet is useless on something as fast as Jolteon. Stick with Volt Absorb.

                              Forretress should use Leftovers, as it lacks recovery otherwise.

                              Use Protect over Energy Ball on Florges, since it helps it get the Wish recovery itself.

                              Wash Rotom can be a good fit on the team. While it shares types with Jolteon and Gyarados, it has completely different weaknesses than the both of them. It also burns opponents that would prey on Florges' weaker Defense:
                              -Volt Switch
                              -Hydro Pump
                              -Will-o-Wisp
                              -Rest
                              Nature: Bold
                              EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
                              Item: Chesto Berry

                              or
                              -Volt Switch
                              -Discharge
                              -Hydro Pump
                              -Hidden Power (Ice)
                              Nature: Modest
                              EVs: 232 HP/56 SAtk/220 Spe
                              Item: Assault Vest

                              or
                              -Volt Switch
                              -Hydro Pump
                              -Hidden Power (Ice)
                              -Trick/Thunderbolt
                              Nature: Timid
                              EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
                              Item: Choice Scarf
                              Which rotom would be better for my team? I'm thinking the one with bold nature?
                              Reply With Quote
                              Reply

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:45 AM.