• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shedinja

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Both are great pokemon your getting two for leveling one and with wonderguard it makes it powerful against some foes. Shedinja is a good HM slave early one with Cut & Flash.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Shedinja is by far one of the most unique pokemon out there and I've seen it used fantastically in battle but alas I never get far when using it and there is nearly always a pokemon with moves that can kill it :I

Years
Shedinja is a huge gamble, all-or-nothing Pokemon. I personally prefer not to use Shedinja because it's so frail, it's not worth using.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Unfortunately, I've found that Shedinja has very little competitive use. I was so excited to use it for the first time, because I thought it was like, almost invincible with its wonder guard. Boy was I wrong. All the types that can harrm it--fire, flying, ghost, rock, and dark--are pretty common types. Plus you never know what types of moves a Pokemon has. A good example of this was when I got a nasty surprise of a Weezing that knew flamethrower. But the nail that seals the coffin for Shedinja is that it is instantly defeated by residual damage. This means that if it gets confused, poisoned, burnt, hurt by sandstorm damage, or leech seeded, Shedinja's done for. Too much uncertainty.

But in the rare instant when you come across an opponent who doesn't have any moves of that type, and has no way of inflicting residual damage, Shedinja is literally untouchable. But sending Shedinja out into an unknown situation is basically like playing Russian Roulette.

But on the bright side, Ninjask is a great Pokemon. In my opinion, it's one of the best in Gen III.

Also on the bright side, Shedinja is by far the easiest Pokemon to EV train. HP, defense, and special defense are basically useless. So just put it all in speed and attack (most of its attacks are ghost attacks, which are physical).

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Shedinja is very unique. When I first got I used it for a while to try it out. No other pokemon has only 1 hp. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
What's so good about Shedinja? I thought all bugs weren't good at all (besides Scyther)

Years
I think that shedinja is a very interesting pokemon that I actually use a lot because if I am very familiar with a certain trainer, most of the time gym leaders, I can know with certainty if this trainer has a move that shedinja is weak to and therefor know whether to use it or not. I like to troll my friends with it because I know there pokemon and there tendencies really well

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
Shedinja is an OK Pokémon, since there are some things i like about it. First, i like the ghost-bug type combination, it reminds me like a dead bug who was revived for taking revenge. However, the downside is that the combination is very weak. Second, the Wonder Guard ability. This ability is a good way to protect it from non-effective and normal moves. There is one thing i don't like, however, and that's the 1 HP it has.

Overall, this Pokémon is perfect if you wanna go on a sweep.

Pinta77

I say ninjask and shedinja are a great pair to add to your party. I have both on my ruby right now. Shedinja is really no good against real people but it's not bad against stupid NPCs.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I think it's a great gimmick Pokemon as far as gimmicks go. And a well trained one can be really useful come capturing legendries, with the use of False Swipe (never did this personally). But that's as far as it goes honestly. 1 HP left it extremely suspect to weather and status, which in competitive is pretty much ubiquitous. Only gets worse in the later generations, with field hazards and such. Definitely an interesting Pokemon, though.

Years
I really don't mind Shedinja that much. Im using it in my Soulsilver team, and its a great thrill using it! So in my opinion, I like Shedinja, its not a bad Pokémon at all.

Years
I don't find Shedinja very useful, honestly. There are five types that insta-kill it, some of them common ones. Its stats and movepool aren't anything to write home about, either.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
It looks pretty cool though

I don't find Shedinja very useful, honestly. There are five types that insta-kill it, some of them common ones. Its stats and movepool aren't anything to write home about, either.

I really don't mind Shedinja that much. Im using it in my Soulsilver team, and its a great thrill using it! So in my opinion, I like Shedinja, its not a bad Pokémon at all.

I think it's a great gimmick Pokemon as far as gimmicks go. And a well trained one can be really useful come capturing legendries, with the use of False Swipe (never did this personally). But that's as far as it goes honestly. 1 HP left it extremely suspect to weather and status, which in competitive is pretty much ubiquitous. Only gets worse in the later generations, with field hazards and such. Definitely an interesting Pokemon, though.

Yeah Shedninja is a good looking and a Pokemon with a good gimmick. But don't you guys know that Shed ninja is a flop idea in battle. With only 1 hp its wrost actually. If we don't go to its ghost looking spirit personality everything is bad actually.But yeah he could learn good moves but not useful.

Years
Shedninja is, let's say intriguing.

To think that it appears when you evolve your Nincada to Ninjask when caught in a Pokeball.
I freaked out when I saw Shedninja in my party, thinking that it is a Pokemon not to be obtained normally, a glitch that is. I never had Shedninja before THAT happened so that explains why I freaked out and thought of that.

Anyway, it's not half bad for a bug type.
Besides, it can be good, not as good as Ninjask though.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Lol I named my shedinja "Trollninja" for having a double team,Mud slap,Will o wisp and toxic moveset XD

Shedninja is, let's say intriguing.

To think that it appears when you evolve your Nincada to Ninjask when caught in a Pokeball.
I freaked out when I saw Shedninja in my party, thinking that it is a Pokemon not to be obtained normally, a glitch that is. I never had Shedninja before THAT happened so that explains why I freaked out and thought of that.

Anyway, it's not half bad for a bug type.
Besides, it can be good, not as good as Ninjask though.

oh..... that also happen to me. I Was confused what it was. Later i got my answer in net.

Back