• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Hi, can anyone answer me question?
Why do I always get this glitchy tile even though I followed the tutorials.
GwpSxlr.png

I don't get it. I've tried to delete some parts of it to make it smaller.

If you have unused tiles you get this error

How to delete maps in A Map

Why do you need to delete maps? Just use them to your liking

I'm still having problem with DNS. Even when I set DAN in battle, the day and night system still won't work after a trainerbattle (during a script).

Without DAN in battle.
Q7gdokJd6JMzuyVZCMYNGi-ngp3sOpBAD-rqlc-TNPs=w240-h160-no
GREEN+HACK+BETA_07.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png

With DAN in battle
GREEN+HACK+BETA_01.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_08.png
GREEN+HACK+BETA_09.png

You can't use that type of movement for the frowny face. Also you can't have arrows on warps. It's a bug.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Cause some maps are just taking space and i dont use them so they are kinda useless

You don't need to delete. Keep them there. Plus if you delete and you need new maps you're gonna overwrite some space. Also adding banks is really bad so you're better off keeping them. There's no point in deleting

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
So I've been searching around the Internet with help with this for months but I have so far found literally no solutions. It's not specifically a question about hacking a pokemon rom, but rather hacking in general.

I use Transhexlation as my main hex editor, but as many people know, it has a problem where it crashes when trying to edit large chunks of data. The problem is that, at least for me, it crashes and then never works again, ever. On that computer, at least. I can take it over to a new computer and it will work fine until it crashes again, leaving me in the same predicament. Note that it's a .exe file so it's not like it's installed.

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem with Transhexlation and found a fix for it? Because I'm hurting for .tbl usage.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello~
I'm having a problem with resizing ow sprites in NSE Classic. Whenever I change a 16x32 sprite to 32x32 in the preferences tab, the sprite becomes messed up. This is okay because I'm going to replace the sprite with a new one anyways. But when I draw my new sprite and load it up in-game, it is messed up. Do I have to arrange the sprite in a certain formation or change a setting or something?
Another thing: certain sprites (such as the lying-down old man in Fire Red) when erased and redrawn become invisible in-game for some reason...

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hello~
I'm having a problem with resizing ow sprites in NSE Classic. Whenever I change a 16x32 sprite to 32x32 in the preferences tab, the sprite becomes messed up. This is okay because I'm going to replace the sprite with a new one anyways. But when I draw my new sprite and load it up in-game, it is messed up. Do I have to arrange the sprite in a certain formation or change a setting or something?
Another thing: certain sprites (such as the lying-down old man in Fire Red) when erased and redrawn become invisible in-game for some reason...

You need to repoint. Using old data is bad.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
You can't use that type of movement for the frowny face. Also you can't have arrows on warps. It's a bug.

What? No, I mean why isn't the day night system working after the trainer battle. What does that got to do with the Frowny face or arrow?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
What do you mean, move them out?
In the tileset (in the block editor in advancemap), you need to change the positions of the tiles affected on the bottom row to somewhere else. Those tiles are used for door animations.

Years
In the tileset (in the block editor in advancemap), you need to change the positions of the tiles affected on the bottom row to somewhere else. Those tiles are used for door animations.
................................. I'll just quit. I have no idea what you mean. I tried placing the door in three spots, nothing works.
Thanks for trying to help.
I appreciate it.
I never actually knew hacking would be so difficult--and frustrating.

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Does anyone know the best program for the day and night system? Im trying to make my hack... Have it... Obviously...

Edit: I forgot one thing, I have a fire red hack, so best day and night system for a
Fire red Hack.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
................................. I'll just quit. I have no idea what you mean. I tried placing the door in three spots, nothing works.
I appreciate it.

That's actually the reason why the ROMhackers overall quit and quit.. especially nowadays.
To fix this error, move your doors to another spot, then open DoorManager or Tilemolester to
edit the animations by hand. Easy as that.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I appreciate it.

He means you go in the block editor in advance map, MOVE the other tiles AWAY from the door tile.

What? No, I mean why isn't the day night system working after the trainer battle. What does that got to do with the Frowny face or arrow?

Some things when loaded disable the day and night system by DNS

Can you explain that?
And should I add more design to those plain colors?

If your tileset has tiles that you DON'T use it glitches up. Also remove tiles that are repeated. Use Sphere for this

Last edited:
Years
Before I proceed with my question, I'll admit that I'm new to rom hacking, but I have gathered much knowledge through multiple tutorials and video guides to help me understand the basics.

Anyways, my question; how do I delete tile animations? In the process of adding new tiles, I replaced the old wave tiles, but when I went to play the rom, my house had a wave-like animation all over it. This happened to me with Ruby and FireRed. I've looked around for the answer to no avail, so now I'm here. I have an animation editor, but no clue how to delete the current animations on the game.

I'm trying to grasp the fundamentals of everything (spriting, scripting, mapping, etc.) before I dedicate myself to making an actual game. (something like Light Platinum) Sadly, from the way it looks, GBA rom hacking is going out of style, and now DS rom hacking is taking the floor. I have to start somewhere though.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Before I proceed with my question, I'll admit that I'm new to rom hacking, but I have gathered much knowledge through multiple tutorials and video guides to help me understand the basics.

Anyways, my question; how do I delete tile animations? In the process of adding new tiles, I replaced the old wave tiles, but when I went to play the rom, my house had a wave-like animation all over it. This happened to me with Ruby and FireRed. I've looked around for the answer to no avail, so now I'm here. I have an animation editor, but no clue how to delete the current animations on the game.

I'm trying to grasp the fundamentals of everything (spriting, scripting, mapping, etc.) before I dedicate myself to making an actual game. (something like Light Platinum) Sadly, from the way it looks, GBA rom hacking is going out of style, and now DS rom hacking is taking the floor. I have to start somewhere though.

Don't use Ruby. Just, save yourself the trouble. Fire red. In the animation editor, go to the animation you want to remove and click remove. Then Save animations. It will be removed.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Thanks. I've learned not to use Ruby. However, in animation editor, I tried using the delete option, but I couldn't find where to save my changes.

Right above it. Instead of load animations it says save animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back