• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I didn't like Vanilluxe at first. Up until about last month I had never seen the appeal in it. Sure it brought out some light-hearted humour and was fun to play around with but the idea of a snowcone shooting blizzards didn't appeal to me that much. That being said however, I recently started liking Vanilluxe. I don't exactly love it as of yet but its disappointing how much hate it can get for being an 'unoriginal concept.' Again I could go on about the inanimate Pokeballs and mushrooms, but I think I'll stop there. Vanilluxe's design is overall adorable and believe it or not, that treat you ate on a hot summer's evening is coming back to fight to the death. If you think ice cream cones can't duel then you're probably wrong! It can shoot Blizzards, patch up its speed and here's my favourite part about it:

Spoiler:

Exploding ice cream, hell yeah. Overall why I do think the concept isn't the most creative, it's a cute family that deserves a little more love. I certainly have fun exploding it (am I cruel?), shooting Ice Beams and doing all sorts of things. It certainly can leave a huge impact on you. (cue every bad joke in existence)

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Preferred username: L96

Partner Pokémon: Glaceon

Answer the current topic: If I had one, probably I'll have Froslass. It's also my favorite Ice type. Moves are Blizzard, Ice beam, shadow ball and Avalanche.

Favorite Ice-type move: Blizzard, I guess it blend in on Ice type Pokemon.

Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?
They are sweet and strong, cold outside and warm inside.
I just see them as the most beautiful Pokemon type in the game.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: L96

Partner Pokémon: Glaceon

Answer the current topic: If I had one, probably I'll have Froslass. It's also my favorite Ice type. Moves are Blizzard, Ice beam, shadow ball and Avalanche.

Favorite Ice-type move: Blizzard, I guess it blend in on Ice type Pokemon.

Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon?
They are sweet and strong, cold outside and warm inside.
I just see them as the most beautiful Pokemon type in the game.

Welcome to the club. Glaceon's a good choice for a partner, cute and strong and it evolves from one of the coolest Normal-types ever. I like Froslass too, its Ice/Ghost combo makes it both beautiful and deadly. Blizzard is probably the best Ice-type move out there, next to Ice Beam, Aurora Beam and Sheer Cold. I agree with you when you say they are the most beautiful type, they're graceful and flashy in their battles.

Years
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team: Mamoswine, Glaceon, Dewgong, Lapras, Spheal, Vanillite. Moves to come - hope that's okay!
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam.. it's very solid and reliable. I'd love Blizzard much more if its accuracy were a bit higher but sadly that's the norm for these powerful elemental moves.

Ice types have been my saviors against Lance during the R/B/Y days so I've started getting attached to them very early on. Afterwards I found myself adoring so many ice types like Sneasel, Lapras, Dewgong, Walrein, Frosslass, Glaceon, and others.. didn't realize that I'd trained so many and had spread ice-type moves across my team so much. Ice itself is beautiful to look at and ice Pokemon are no exception. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team: Mamoswine, Glaceon, Dewgong, Lapras, Spheal, Vanillite. Moves to come - hope that's okay!
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam.. it's very solid and reliable. I'd love Blizzard much more if its accuracy were a bit higher but sadly that's the norm for these powerful elemental moves.

Ice types have been my saviors against Lance during the R/B/Y days so I've started getting attached to them very early on. Afterwards I found myself adoring so many ice types like Sneasel, Lapras, Dewgong, Walrein, Frosslass, Glaceon, and others.. didn't realize that I'd trained so many and had spread ice-type moves across my team so much. Ice itself is beautiful to look at and ice Pokemon are no exception. :)

Welcome to the club. I could swear you were a member already. Mamoswine scares me, he just looks intimidating, but he has alot of stamina and powerful moves. I like your Ice team, can't wait to see what moves you choose for each. Ice Beam was probably my most used move, next to Blizzard, when using Ice-types. I am not sure how I got hooked in Ice-types, but they came through for me in tough spots. I like alot of Ice-types not only because of how they look, but how deadly yet graceful they are in battle. Ice needs another type it's good against.

Last edited:

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Preferred username
Partner Pokémon
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Glaceon
-Shadow Ball
-Ice beam
- Dig
-Attract
Item: Leftovers

Froslass
-Thunder
-Ice beam
-Rest
-Trick
Item: Ice gem
Articuno
-Hurricane
-Sheer Cold
- Signal Beam
- AncientPower
Item: Ice Plate
Weavile
-Metal Claw
-Dark pulse
-Icy Wind
- Blizzard
Held item: Life orb
Lapras
-Dragon Rage
-Blizzard
-Iron tail
-Thunder
and
Spheal
-Power snow
-Aurora Beam
- Ice ball
- Rest
Held item: White herb
Answer the current topic (New topics are currently not available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones)
I like all ice pokemon,they have good designs and i love blue and cold weather

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username
Partner Pokémon
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Glaceon
-Shadow Ball
-Ice beam
- Dig
-Attract

Froslass
-Thunder
-Ice beam
-Rest
-Trick
Item: Ice gem
Articuno
-Hurricane
-Sheer Cold
- Signal Beam
- AncientPower
Item: Ice Plate
Weavile
-Metal Claw
-Dark pulse
-Icy Wind
- Blizzard
Held item: Life orb
Lapras
-Dragon Rage
-Blizzard
-Iron tail
-Thunder
and
Spheal
-Power snow
-Aurora Beam
- Ice ball
- Rest
Held item: White herb
Answer the current topic (New topics are currently not available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones)
I like all ice pokemon,they have good designs and i love blue and cold weather

I am glad you picked a team and answered an old topic but I cannot add you unless I know your preferred username and partner Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Club event: Favorite Ice-type Face-Off!
I'll enter each of the current 33 Ice-types in a randomized tournament column and you vote on your favorite from each column based on origin, design, move set, etc. between the two pitted against each other per column. I'll start with 5 columns a week, so get your votes in.
Column #1: Vanillish
583.png
vs. Delibird
225.png

Column #2: Dewgong
087.png
vs. Snover
459.png

Column #3: Glaceon
471.png
vs. Cubchoo
613.png

Column #4: Regice
378.png
vs. Sealeo
364.png

Column #5: Cloyster
091.png
vs. black Kyurem
646-black.png
Time to vote! This one seems quite hard to choose between for some of the rounds, but we'll see who wins. I think I'll vote...

225.png
Delibird! It reminds me of Christmas so that's enough for me. I never liked the Vanillish line much because an ice cream based Pokémon just strikes me as too far in the ridiculous direction so Delibird wins my vote here for sure. What's cooler than a bird that flies around delivering presents to people?

459.png
Snover! Although I adore Dewgong, Snover is utterly adorable and the Snow Warning ability is one of my favourites. Grass/Ice is a really interesting and quirky (yet unfortunately not too great) typing and it makes the family a lot of fun to use whereas Dewgong's just your standard Water/Ice Pokémon.

613.png
Cubchoo! Despite the gross snot thing that I can't understand why they added, Cubchoo is an adorable little Pokémon (the way it kicks its feet in the animated sprite ♥) and I've always found Glaceon to be really overrated. Beartic's a cool Pokémon too so it's nice to see the cute little kid evolving into something badass that'll rip your guts out if you so much as look at it.

378.png
Regice! Although I adore the Sealeo family, Regice is far too cool to pass up on. It's a living walking iceberg, what could possibly be cooler? The answer is nothing. Regice is the definition of cool and I always adore using it so he gets my vote for sure - I do feel bad for the cute little seal though! Normally he'd be on top but Regice is too awesome for that.

091.png
Cloyster! The only thing that would lose to Black-Kyurem is White-Kyurem as they're the two worst designed Pokémon in the whole of the series in my eyes. I absolutely hate them both and I would have much preferred BW2 without them being in it. Cloyster's a cool Pokémon and Shell Smash makes him a lot of fun to use, but this was kind of a free vote for him haha. Nothing is worse than those awful Kyurem forms.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Preferred username [required]: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon [required]: Weavile

Favourite Ice-Type Pokémon?:

I really like Weavile. I remember having one in my long lost Heart Gold game, and in my opinion it was one of the best Pokémon I ever had. Ever. Too bad I wasn't wise enough to trade it to another game that I'd knew wouldn't get lost.

Favourite Ice-Type Move?:

Aurora Beam. It just looks beautiful, and it can reduce Attack by 10% which is useful for weakening foes that are strong against it. It's a shame that most of the Pokémon who can learn it aren't even Ice-Type, though.

Why do you like the Ice-Type?:

I have all sorts of reasons. They're elegant and rare, just like the snow many countries rarely get now.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username [required]: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon [required]: Weavile

Favourite Ice-Type Pokémon?:

I really like Weavile. I remember having one in my long lost Heart Gold game, and in my opinion it was one of the best Pokémon I ever had. Ever. Too bad I wasn't wise enough to trade it to another game that I'd knew wouldn't get lost.

Favourite Ice-Type Move?:

Aurora Beam. It just looks beautiful, and it can reduce Attack by 10% which is useful for weakening foes that are strong against it. It's a shame that most of the Pokémon who can learn it aren't even Ice-Type, though.

Why do you like the Ice-Type?:

I have all sorts of reasons. They're elegant and rare, just like the snow many countries rarely get now.

Welcome to the club. Weavile's a nice choice, a step up from it's pre-evolution. I am sorry you lost your game, I know how that feels. I swore that Aurora Beam once had the effect of freezing your opponent. I love it however, so colorful and powerful.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I can barely read the opening post. :I

Preferred username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokémon: Lapras

Favorite Ice type Pokemon: Lapras, Articuno, and Froslass. They're all elegant, beautiful Pokemon and can be devastating in battle. Lapras is my favorite because she could learn the powerful Ice Beam and Thunderbolt combination.

Column #1: Beartic vs. Delibird: Delibird since I haven't caught a Beartic yet.
Column #2: Smoochum vs. Snorunt: Smoochum because Sweet Kisses is one of my favorite PC skins.
Column #3: Walrein vs. Castform (Snowy Form): Walrein because I trained one in Sapphire when trying to complete the dex.
Column #4: Snover vs. Cubchoo: Snover because I RNG abused a shiny one on Christmas and gave away copies of it.
Column #5: Cryogonal vs. Vanilluxe: I disliked using the ice cream Pokemon in one BW run, but I haven't caught the other one yet so... Vanilluxe sadly.

Maybe give folks 7-10 days, advertise more, or put up 10 columns for 2 weeks voting?

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
[October 6th]

Welcome to the club. Weavile's a nice choice, a step up from it's pre-evolution. I am sorry you lost your game, I know how that feels. I swore that Aurora Beam once had the effect of freezing your opponent. I love it however, so colorful and powerful.

Thanks...

Yeah, I think you mean Ice Beam, Blizzard or another freezing move by that. Like Icy Wind, Aurora Beam has a chance of reducing a stat. I rarely get to use it now, so I had to look it up while I was making my Sign Up post because I had forgotten what it actually does just then.

Column #1: I prefer Delibird. I feel that Beartic is just an Ice-Type version of Ursaring.

Column #2: I like Snorunt better, It can evolve into two different Pokémon that are better suited for different things. As for Smoochum, yeah, I don't like it's line at all.

Column #3: These two Pokémon are both very good; Walrein is a balanced Special Sweeper and it's one of the only Ice-Types to learn Aurora Beam, an Ice Type move I said before to be my favourite move of the type. Snowy Castform has a VERY large Movepool and it's even more balanced than Walrein. But I have to go for Walrein as it's simply the better choice for almost every stat (Except Speed, but it's only 5 lower - AND it's easily solved with Icy Wind) and can hit harder with anything.

Column #4: Cubchoo. Although I did say this entire line is an Ice-Type version of Teddiursa's line, it's great offensively and has less weaknesses (Snover line has 7). Snover Line has mediocre Defenses and a decent Special Attack. But Cubchoo is better IMO.

Column #5: Cryogonal. It's got a brilliant Special Defense, Speed and Special Attack (And what's more, it's got an immunity to ground from Levitate). Sure, Vanilluxe may have good stats for everything, but it's design is horrendous. Nuff said.

[October 8th]

Column #1: Piloswine's better. It has access to a decent Attack and a decent movepool which could physically take out Cryogonal.

Column #2: Glaceon's much better IMO. First off, it's one of those adorable eeveelutions, and secondly, it could make for a great staller, if you give it the right moves.

Column #3: Weavile's my choice here. Fabulous movepool, not that it even needs it. That's because Delibird's Part-Flying Type takes away it's Ice resistance.

Column #4: We don't know much about that new Pokémon yet, so I'm going for Cloyster. It excels at Defense and it's a good Sweeper (And it's not too slow), it can learn Aurora Beam and it can learn other moves that confound the foe.

Column #5: Mamoswine's the choice here. It can do everything Swinub can better, and it looks decent enough. Though I do prefer Swinub, there's no way it has a chance of beating Mamoswine.

[October 14th]

Column #1: Lapras is best, it's very reliable. It learns a lot of moves which Rotom will fall victim to some time.

Column #2: Don't like either, but Arceus is better.

Column #3: Articuno. Froslass is OK I guess, with it's immunity to Normal, Fighting and Ground, but it just doesn't match up to an ICE PHOENIX thingy.

Column #4: Kyurem (Normal) because it's a Pokémon that hasn't been fused. I DO actually like Black Kyurem, but if fusing didn't exist, Black Kyurem wouldn't exist. Enough said.

Column #5: Dewgong. Don't know the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Column #1: Frost Rotom vs. Lapras ; for sure!
Column #2: Arceus (Ice Form) vs. Jynx ; Arceus ain't no real Ice type
Column #3: Articuno vs. Froslass; CRAP I CAN'T DECIDE -flips coin-
Column #4: Kyurem (normal) vs. Kyurem (black); Zekrom is butt ugly
Column #5: Dewgong vs. Bergmite; always a classic

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Column #1: Frost Rotom vs. Lapras

I like both of them! I know the concept for Frost Rotom wasn't that creative but it was a pretty cool Pokemon nonetheless. I've used Lapras before and I really enjoyed it. It's a great Pokemon honestly! I also love how its based off the Loch Ness Monster. For that, I think Lapras gets my vote. Turning a feared monster into something so cute, earns my respect immediately.

Column #2: Arceus (Ice Form) vs. Jynx

Arceus is basically one Pokemon that walked through a rainbow. It's not really a true ice-type in my eyes. Even though I'm not a big fan of Jynx, I think my vote goes to the opera singing lady.

Column #3: Articuno vs. Froslass

Oh my god. I really can't decide mainly because I'm not a big fan of both. I used to love Articuno but after playing in the competitive scene, it got irritating. Plus I'm still wondering to this day if it has a beard or not. Don't get me wrong its pretty cool, but I haven't had too many good experiences with it. Froslass is just the definition of scary. It's based off a tale about a lady and death from memory though. It has this look of something that perished and its just disturbing. I think I'd say tie, but if I had to choose- Articuno it is!

Column #4: Kyurem (normal) vs. Kyurem (black)

Not much difference between the two. I've always been the one who liked simple designs, so I guess normal Kyurem?

Column #5: Dewgong vs. Bergmite

Berg what now? I haven't actually played X/Y so I have no idea what that is. I love Dewgong regardless, so my vote goes to it hands down.

(YAY TO 100 POSTS IN THIS CLUB)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Preferred username - iiSoup

Partner Pokémon - Articuno

Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team

*Articuno(nevermeltice)- ice beam, fly, hurricane, sky drop

*Jynx(xAccuracy)- lovely kiss, ice punch, ice beam, dream eater

*Black Kyurem(nevermeltice)- dragon pulse, hyper beam, outrage, flash cannon

*Sneasel(nevermeltice)- shadow ball, ice beam, faint attack, shadow claw

*Aurorurs(icicle plate)- ice beam, freeze-dry, hyper beam, thunderbolt

why do i like/love ice-type moves?
ice-type pokemon have always been my favorite type. The coloring on them is something that brings me to them as well as cold/winter time is my favorite time of the year.
favorite ice move is ice beam.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username - iiSoup

Partner Pokémon - Articuno

Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team

*Articuno(nevermeltice)- ice beam, fly, hurricane, sky drop

*Jynx(xAccuracy)- lovely kiss, ice punch, ice beam, dream eater

*Black Kyurem(nevermeltice)- dragon pulse, hyper beam, outrage, flash cannon

*Sneasel(nevermeltice)- shadow ball, ice beam, faint attack, shadow claw

*Aurorurs(icicle plate)- ice beam, freeze-dry, hyper beam, thunderbolt

why do i like/love ice-type moves?
ice-type pokemon have always been my favorite type. The coloring on them is something that brings me to them as well as cold/winter time is my favorite time of the year.
favorite ice move is ice beam.

Welcome to the club. Heck yeah, another Articuno fan. I would say Articuno is my favorite Ice-type, next to Cloyster. I only see 5 Pokemon on your team but they are quite awesome and powerful. Ice Beam is the best, and winter is also my favorite time of the year as well.

Discussion

Which new Ice-type is your favorite? Have you used them yet, assuming you have X and/or Y?

Amaura, a dual Rock/Ice type, and is known as the Tundra Pokemon
Pok%C3%A9mon-X-Y-Amaura-360x360.png

Aurorus, Amaura's evolved form, and is also Rock/Ice and known as the Tundra Pokemon
446px-Aurorus_de_Sky.jpg

Bergmite, a pure Ice type, and is known as the Ice Chunk Pokemon
712Bergmite_Dream.png

Avalugg, Bergmite's evolved form, and is also pure Ice and known as the Iceberg Pokemon
713Avalugg_Dream.png

Abomasnow also has a Mega form now
460-m.png

Last edited:

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Preferred username: xVaporeon
Partner Pokémon: Dewgong

Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold):

Dewgong
87.gif

Item: Icy Rock
- Hail
- Surf
- Ice Shard
- Aqua Ring

Lapras
131.gif

- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Waterfall
- Body Slam

Cloyster
091.gif

Item: NeverMeltIce
- Icicle Crash
- Whirlpool
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump

Walrein
365.gif

- Blizzard
- Surf
- Aqua Ring
- Earthquake

Glaceon
471.gif

- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Blizzard
- Protect

Aurorus
699.png

- Freeze Dry
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam

Answer the current topic: Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not?
Yeah, I don't like the Vanillite line - mainly because of the design of it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: xVaporeon
Partner Pokémon: Dewgong

Pick a 6-Pokémon Ice-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold):

Dewgong
87.gif

Item: Icy Rock
- Hail
- Surf
- Ice Shard
- Aqua Ring

Lapras
131.gif

- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Waterfall
- Body Slam

Cloyster
091.gif

- Icicle Crash
- Whirlpool
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump

Walrein
365.gif

- Blizzard
- Surf
- Aqua Ring
- Earthquake

Glaceon
471.gif

- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Blizzard
- Protect

Aurorus
699.png

- Freeze Dry
- Hyper Beam
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam

Answer the current topic: Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not?
Yeah, I don't like the Vanillite line - mainly because of the design of it.

Welcome to the club. First time someone has chosen a Dewgong as their partner here. He is awesome and underrated. It's awesome how he's on your team too, great move set, as with all the rest too. Even though it isn't the current topic, thanks for answering the Vanillite one. Why is it that you don't like their designs? Just curious.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Welcome to the club. First time someone has chosen a Dewgong as their partner here. He is awesome and underrated. It's awesome how he's on your team too, great move set, as with all the rest too. Even though it isn't the current topic, thanks for answering the Vanillite one. Why is it that you don't like their designs? Just curious.

Thankyou - yeah, I think so too. I love him :)
Ah! Sorry, I didn't see the current topic :P Will answer it later. I have school in 2 minutes.

I'm not sure, really. I just think they got bored and designed an ice cream - although they made it work pretty good, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back