• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials: Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Here's to hoping this is still alive :D
I will be making a game (more in the planning stages atm) but I have been trying to get a sense of what is do-able as I started making a Outline of what my game is supposed to be about and the features that it will have.

yeah it's still alive but right now were waiting for PVP , to get done ...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
What are you guys on about? There is some severe confusion going on in this thread (and to be honest, this entire forum).

The system used in Zeta and Omicron is my system. I have no idea what you're doing posting scripts from Zeta/Omicron here claiming they're different and then asking me how you integrate it.

PVP is also working and integrated, I don't know why you're saying you're waiting on it. Following the fixes listed by a member in this thread will fix any errors that occur.

Seriously, if some of the members on this forum would just open their eyes, they would realise the answers to their questions are staring right back at them.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
What are you guys on about? There is some severe confusion going on in this thread (and to be honest, this entire forum).

The system used in Zeta and Omicron is my system. I have no idea what you're doing posting scripts from Zeta/Omicron here claiming they're different and then asking me how you integrate it.

PVP is also working and integrated, I don't know why you're saying you're waiting on it. Following the fixes listed by a member in this thread will fix any errors that occur.

Seriously, if some of the members on this forum would just open their eyes, they would realise the answers to their questions are staring right back at them.

So were is this PVP then ??
I mean seriously link to it ??

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
So were is this PVP then ??
I mean seriously link to it ??

The "PVP" is in the code, if you install the scripts into the game as directed, set up the server with MySQL, then in an event add a script saying
Code:
$scene=Connect.new
It will enable you to Login,Register, or cancel.
After Registering and Logging in you may either logout, trade with another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER, or battle another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER If you had read the explanation or looked around the code you would know this. There are a few bugs in the system, I fixed one or two of them, and he has them fixed for whenever he decides to update it.
No links required. It's all in the download that's on the first post.
It was all provided, all you had to do was look and learn.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The "PVP" is in the code, if you install the scripts into the game as directed, set up the server with MySQL, then in an event add a script saying
Code:
$scene=Connect.new
It will enable you to Login,Register, or cancel.
After Registering and Logging in you may either logout, trade with another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER, or battle another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER If you had read the explanation or looked around the code you would know this. There are a few bugs in the system, I fixed one or two of them, and he has them fixed for whenever he decides to update it.
No links required. It's all in the download that's on the first post.
It was all provided, all you had to do was look and learn.

Thank you very much !

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I need your help, I followed the guide, but does not connect, here I leave images, please help me I really want to connect, thanks :)

i.imgur.com/ Mil6PKv.jpg

i.imgur.com/ 4rPh5MC.jpg

i.imgur.com/ QBTyo9N.jpg

(the link has blank spaces, delete the spaces)

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
I need your help, I followed the guide, but does not connect, here I leave images, please help me I really want to connect, thanks :)

i.imgur.com/Mil6PKv.jpg

i.imgur.com/4rPh5MC.jpg

i.imgur.com/QBTyo9N.jpg

I'm pretty sure you need to enter things into "GMAILUSER" "GMAILPASS" and "GAMENAME"

Did you port forward and set the Options' IP to the IP to connect to your port? It's originally set to "127.0.0.1" which is localhost only.
sQqQgEI.png

That's the only thing that works for me, because port forwarding did nothing, both me and my friend tried it, and it said the server was off.
Also, you have to press the "C" key to connect, it says "Connecting to server" then you press C and it says something else.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 12, 2014
when I run the pvpserver, this close automatically.. like this: start. . . . finish..

my english is bad :S

1497687_613159288732436_1795305087_n.png.

- - - Updated - - -

I think is problem with smtp server.. you can delete this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The server won't work without giving a valid SMTP account. This is on purpose as your users would have a poor experience if they can't recover their password. Just set up a GMail or live account or something.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 12, 2014
The server won't work without giving a valid SMTP account. This is on purpose as your users would have a poor experience if they can't recover their password. Just set up a GMail or live account or something.

where I put the gmail account?

Daruda

Grinder
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
If someone know how to port the server not on a computer but in the web, this would be really awesome.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
When I have the time to work on opensource stuff I will be doing some bug fixes. The system has been used extensively in Pokemon Zeta and Omicron which is currently in beta testing with thousands of players. The server is resilient but there are some client side bugs in trading and battling which need to be fixed. 90% of the time a trade goes through without a hitch but battles always crash for the losing player (I know why though). It's just a matter of me finding a week where I can sit down and get back into the pure Ruby mood, I've been spending a lot of time over the past 2 months doing commerical Ruby on Rails stuff.

Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again :P
Yeah sure sounds great. I must mention, though, that since its term time, I have a lot of work in both uni and other things so I might not have time to work on PE O again until the summer.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
This system needs to be looked over again , i mean we have an online system we just need to make it better know so people can run it on a server and not just local this project has to worth to it. I know this will bump it but at least more people can see it now & maybe would like to help out on it ! I personally would love just to get player see other player on an actual server instead of LAN. Yes i have tried this on a server and it does work to a point... the battle stuff still needs fixing for the most part.
and it needs updated to essentials v13 or greater.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Problem solved. But the online script doesnt work on essentials 15.
Pls update the script. Its so sweet ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back