• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well, finally done for the most part with it.

Frames have been added, little details I was missing.

Thankfully I realized the other sprites might not be as bad, since they won't involve a dual wielder, and I won't have to do as many frames for everyone.

RyuAttack.gif

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Purely amazing splices and originals. I dabble in a form of this too, except with GIMP instead of Paint and the more difficult Gen. V sprites instead of what I assume is probably Gen III. I put three of my best works in my gallery; they are recognizable, but not overly much. I also used a tool that GIMP has that Paint critically lacks (or, if it has an equivalent, it is much too poor in power), which can change the color basis of a certain area. I'm also planning to make a region of my own (If I can start learning how to do those game edits, I might make my own game here). The storylines are going to be surprisingly LESS difficult than the spriting. I might make more Fakemon soon, but I hardly have enough to make a thread.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Gen 5 sprites more difficult? I've looked at them, once or twice used them (only because I haven't been splicing lately) and unless you're referring to animation, I consider them a bit easier, as they don't deal with as many shades. I suppose if you're splicing one with an older sprite, that would require a bit more work to match the shading.

So yeah, I work with 3rd gen style for the Fakemon I create now. It'll be easier to insert them into a hack by doing that (5th gen sprites are typically too big for a gen 3 game). Splicing I almost always used 4th gen for most of the stuff I've made.

As far as color fixing, Paint does have something that lets me fix the colors, and I wouldn't say it's lacking at all. Takes maybe a bit longer than I'm sure some programs can handle it, but it isn't 'weak'.

------------------------

Another update. Three new Pokemon join:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkgXVbdwcc

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Raizouprogress.png

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on something, and that's another battle sprite for that RPG I'm working on. This time, it's my character, Raizou.

This is just a little update to show off how it's coming along. I had a few of the different steps copied to the side, so I figured I'd include those too for the people who like to see that type of stuff.

I'm liking how it's coming out. I don't have hands yet, since those have been tough to get right. Obviously saving something like the axe for later. Still lots more to do of course too like animation of him swinging that thing.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
That last sprite looks way to pillow shaded. Go back and look at your robot-turtle evolution for a better example.

EDIT: Raizou is the bomb though.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I'm going to hope that bit of critique was a joke, as you missed out on the obvious .jpeg nature of it in general.

Well in celebration of some people making fun of my sprites on 4chan, here are some new sprites!

Got a new sheet:
3rdGenFakemonSheet9.png

Also I re-organize and filled in the full sheet:
NewDisplaySheet.png~original

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
It's going to be hard living now knowing that the Farfetch'd evo is just a fake ;__;

But seriously, I like a ton of your fakes, be it either having really good spriting or the design idea was one-of-a-kind!

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Beginning work for Raizou's animation:

ezimba15600940786100.gif

Sort of just the basis. I'm going to add inbetweens of course, but these are sort of just the extremes. Yet before getting to that, I of course want to make sure I'm not doing anything too wrong yet with pose/proportions.

Years
Newest Fakemon update, the fossil Fakemon:
f0p20p.png

You really should explain these little buggers, especially the one constructed out of a pile of bones, I'm honestly very curious about the concept. xD It looks neat and I love its playful qualities. Especially the way the bones are put all together incorrectly, which is by design right? And may have something to do with the backstory on them?
P.S. Loving the fist.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Both families happen to be the main fossils of my region. The pile of bones is a fossil basically possessed by a ghost. Yet obviously said ghost doesn't know it's dino-anatomy very well. Heck, chances are if I get to Pokedex entries, there'll be mention that not all the bones belong to the same Pokemon even.

-------------

Well, a bit of work was done on the RPG, in the form of fixing up a sprite:

ezimba15600919200700.gif

Also have a crudely mocked up video of what the sprite will look like in a game (not actually in a game though, this is just a glorified .gif really):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5psTATW6zY

Another sheet complete. I'm actually getting pretty close to finally getting the 2nd run of these guys done (too bad it's taken me so long and I need to again go back and fix a lot of them =/).

3rdGenFakemonSheet10.png

Years
I feel like the animation of the axe swings would be smoother if you made some parts faster. If you are at any point of animating another sprite, double check and take into account you are moving all parts available such as hair, fur, clothing, necklaces, etc. This isn't really for your sprite, but just a good heads up. Here's my quick edit that I was able to do in photoshop and what I assume what it would be like in-game:
v4495d.jpg

You can also pace out the end a bit to have a bit of an idle resting position.

Not every little detail is required in animation as you have to consider the speed and fluidity of the animation along with poses, etc. If we compare this image to your previous one, you can see that the fur moves up awkwardly (which wouldn't hurt to fix) but in this image the fur is very subtle.

ps. it wouldn't hurt to add expression to the face if you have room to work with

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I haven't had control over individual frame speed much, so that's why there isn't much of that.

Next I work on him, I'll, be sure to add more bits of movement, thanks for the tip on that.

I have added as much of an expression as I could seem to do actually.

Thanks for all the critique, very appreciated =)

ezimba15600977958100.gif

Did some more frames for Raizou. Not sure how I feel about it yet, so I'm glad I haven't added details yet.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Did some general shading/size work on the rough stuff to get a better idea if I'm heading in the right direction. I dread the next part where I'm going to have to start adding detail. Hopefully what I have so far is work though.

8TlYJdA.gif

ezimba15600972574600.gif

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Impressive! You've come a long way. I think you could use an additional frame of arm movement when he lifts his axe, but I'm not sure.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well before moving onto the details in the animation, I wanted to make sure I have most things in order for the base sprite. I fixed up his shading to better match the style I'm going for. I did a few other tweaks like changing his hand color so he has his gauntlets. I do have a few details I lack in this frame I plan to add later when I'm adding small details (like the chains that cross his chest and the shield on his back).

333kefs.png

I have two just because I wasn't sure which I liked, but thinking about it, I will probably be going with the tanner one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2019
Usually I don't really like fakemon, but I must say, some of them are really impressive!!!
I like how the shiny umbreon a cosplayer is.
Can you imagine? A cosplay umbreon vs. Charizard who uses overheat {XD}

Back