• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome to all you new people!

I remember them announcing that Matt Smith would be leaving Doctor Who, leaving a new Timelord to follow in their footsteps. There have been a few possibilities of him being a female this time, just to twist things around perhaps, so what do you guys personally think about having a female Doctor? Would the concept work/would you approve of it? Or do you think they should just continue to have male Doctors?

Personally I really don't mind. I hope they give the new Doctor an interesting personality and that's all really. What do you guys think? :o

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I really don't want a female Doctor. Wouldn't be the same.
I do want a male companion though, I'm a little tired of all of the ~*love*~ connections between him and the female companions.

Years
Username: Ðelta
Favorite Doctor: 10th
Favorite Companion: Rose

hi guys. It looks like this thread hasn't been posted in for a few weeks. Only 1 week away until the "do not post in threads over 1 month old" rule goes into place.

Anyway, I started watching the show a few weeks ago. I'm only about halfway through the fourth series, so I'll try to get caught up and then I'll come back and be more active.
(Oh, and btw although I haven't seen much of Matt Smith, I'm excited to see who the new Doctor will be)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Username: CrazyzT
Favorite Doctor: The 11th (Matt Smith)
Favorite Companion: Amy/Rory
I've been a fan of the show for a while, my first episode was rose and I stayed in order from there.

I got a question for you guys, I'm going to use The Name of the Doctor as a example. (Serious spoilers)
Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Name: Varion
Favourite Doctor: 2nd (Patrick)
Favourite Companion: Susan.

So, I'm guessing you guys have seen the Doctor Who Live, about 2 hours ago.
What do you all think of Capaldi taking Matt's shoes to fill ?

Years
I think it's interesting how they cast someone quite older than the previous few incarnations. I can't really judge until his first episode, but I think Capaldi will make for an interesting Doctor.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I am excited. It'll be nice to have an older Doctor in the new series because it might mean they'll finally stop shoving the Companion and the Doctor into romance subplots together. :( I didn't mind it with Rose but it got stale fast after that.

I haven't really seen Capaldi in anything beyond his previous Doctor Who episode but just on that basis, I'm excited to see him if only because Fires of Pompeii was actually my first DW episode ever. (I caught the last 10 minutes or so and was completely hooked, just from that. ♥) I liked his character in that and a lot of people seem really happy about the choice so I can't wait to see how Twelve will be.

Probably an unpopular opinion but honestly, I'm just happy Smith's tenure is gonna be over. I'm not really a huge fan of Eleven.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Username: OmegaTL
Favorite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favorite Companion: Jamie McCrimmon or Evelyn Smythe

Years
Application form! (Just started the series)

Username: WhiteKnightL
Favorite Doctor: Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston). It's kind of a shame he didn't like the work environment he was in but I'm glad he's still honored to have played such a FANTASTIC character.
Favorite Companion: Rose Tyler.

Eibbor82

Show me your moves!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2023
Username: Eibbor82
Favorite Doctor: 10 (David Tennant)
Favorite Companion: Donna Noble, probably. Though if Rory's dad, Brian, counts, I'd say him.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Application Form-
Username zomgitscathy
Favorite Doctor 11 (Matt Smith)
Favorite Companion Donna Noble :)

Happy 50th anniversary, Doctor Who! Thank you for an AMAZING TV series!

Cherrim

Years
I was pleased with the special. I was kind of dreading it because there was a lot of fuss over whether or not it would be a love letter to the series as a whole or just the '05 reboot (or even just Moffat's run from 11 onwards). I'm not very well-versed in Classic Who but I did still recognize a lot of references and since I set my bar pretty low, I was really entertained the whole way through.

Spoiler:

I had tickets to see it in 3D last night but I ended up downloading the episode and watching it on Saturday ahead of time because aaahhh no way was I gonna avoid the internet for two whole days so I wouldn't get spoilt. Seeing it in theatres was really cool though! The crowd was (almost) the nicest I'd ever seen in a theatre. Everyone squished right in from the start so everyone got as good a seat as they could possibly get and there were lots of cosplays. The only problem with seeing it in theatre with a bunch of huge fans was that sometimes the laughter and clapping made it hard to make out what what was being said on screen... so I'm glad that was my second viewing. :P

*forcibly drags herself away from computer so she'll stop rambling*

Years
As I mentioned, I read up on it and something came to mind.

Spoiler:

Years
I saw it in theaters and I was enjoying every single minute!

@Cherrim
Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
I saw it in theaters and I was enjoying every single minute!

@Cherrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Apologies if a lot of that didn't make sense. I'm really rusty on my DW timeline and I'm not sure I was able to explain myself very well regardless. ;~;'

Years
I watched the episode with a bunch of people and we were all really unsure exactly what the timeline was or is now, or really what the Time War is or was or where or where is happened (happens?). Very confusing.

Spoiler:

Back