Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO

Old November 17th, 2013 (4:57 PM). Edited November 22nd, 2013 by Sopheria.
響け〜 響け!
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Anyone have a Pokemon that you've raised ever since you first played R/S/E/FR/LG, and then migrated all the way over to your current game (Gen IV or Gen V)? That's something I wish I had done, but I lost my copy of Sapphire some time before I got HeartGold Shame, my Gardevoir kicked butt in that game.

Anyone have a Pokemon that you've gotten so attached to, that you've brought it down the long migration path from Gen III to Gen IV or V?

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 17th, 2013 (5:02 PM).

I've taken so many new games in Ruby that I had nothing to transfer across. Most of the stuff from old games that I have in Pearl is either bred in Pearl or traded. It's my first file though I believe so when I trade them forward, it'll be nice having them there, particularly my starter Turtwig (Torterra now).
    Old November 17th, 2013 (5:34 PM).
    i'm a shapeshifter
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
    I'm not a fan of transferring my best Pokemon, to be honest. I like to keep things in the generation they came from, so I don't have any gen III Pokemon in my gen V games, excluding those I transferred for Dex purposes.

challenges | klippy
    Old November 18th, 2013 (12:34 AM).
    • Silver Tier

I still have the Beldum that Steven had given to me in Pokémon Ruby. Well, it's a Metagross now, but... xD I have this Pokémon in Black 2 at the moment, and when PokéBank gets released in December, I plan to have it transferred to my Y version. This Metagross may not have good nature, moveset, or EV spread (its EVs are a complete mess. I was pretty inexperienced when I was training it; didn't know what I was doing), but I still love it, though. I've had a lot of great memories with it, so this Pokémon is quite special to me. I also have my Eevee, which I caught while playing FireRed. Right now, it's in Pokémon White. d:
    Old November 18th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
    keeping spirits bright
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
    My prized Lv100 female Swampert from Ruby, which is now resting in my SoulSilver game. I needed to transfer her over because I was struggling with Blue's Gym, he kept whopping the ass out of my team so I needed something that could overpower him and yeah she was the answer.
    Old November 18th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
    [
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
    I normally don't transfer my better pokemon until I beat every aspect of the game. I've never transferred pokemon to the newer games that farther back. The oldest game that I've transferred pokemon from is gen IV, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.
    Old November 22nd, 2013 (5:22 AM).
    Internet Celebrity

Oh I've transferred my entire team from R/S/E to each generation & as I've been IV breeding & EV training since then... it would feel such a waste if I just left my EV/IV trained pokémon sitting in a cartridge waiting for a battery to run out... it hurt so much when I discovered my Blue had died wiping out all 151 of my pokés including the Mew I won for beating Nintendo Magazine.

I was planning to transfer the complete pokédex from LeafGreen through to BW and then X, saving me hours of pokédex filling... but I can't find my GBA cards. ( T_T) *weeps*

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
      Old November 22nd, 2013 (6:14 AM).
      The Dark One

Nature: Calm
        Yep. Just one, though. Found him 7 or 8 years ago.
        My Shiny Mightyena. <3 Found him in Emerald as a Poochyena, just outside Fortree completely by chance. He's my first Shiny Pokémon as well as my top favourite Pokémon, so it was the best thing ever.
        He's currently residing on Platinum as I've not yet got around to transferring him over to Gen 5, but as soon as I do I'll be anxiously awaiting PokéBank so I can send him over to Y and finally see my beloved Mighty in 3D. <3 Playing with and petting him in Amie... I'm gonna be overjoyed I'll finally get to properly interact with him after all these years. xD

Gen 3 to Gen 4 doesn't sound like a lot, but he went back and forth between the Gen 4 games way too much, so I've actually transferred him more times than I can remember. Back and forth between my Diamond and someone-else's cartridges while I restarted Diamond, then back and forth between my Diamond and Pearl as I restarted those, then back and forth between those and Platinum... Back and forth between SoulSilver and Platinum...

|| Mii: Laura || FC: 0920-0357-3706 ||
        || Trade Shop: Custom-bred Pokémon, IVs, EVs, HAs, 4EMs, Bank Balls, Ribbons and BP Items ||
        || Trade Reviews ||
        Old November 22nd, 2013 (6:18 AM).
        Internet Celebrity

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thief Noctis View Post
          My Shiny Mightyena. <3 Found him in Emerald as a Poochyena, just outside Fortree completely by chance.
          As you found him on Emerald, did you clone him before transferring him over? Have to admit that I backed up my team before transferring him... the only time I've EVER done anything close to cheating. I just didn't want to lose them!!

Old November 22nd, 2013 (6:40 AM).
          響け〜 響け!
          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DanteSolablood View Post
          Oh I've transferred my entire team from R/S/E to each generation & as I've been IV breeding & EV training since then... it would feel such a waste if I just left my EV/IV trained pokémon sitting in a cartridge waiting for a battery to run out... it hurt so much when I discovered my Blue had died wiping out all 151 of my pokés including the Mew I won for beating Nintendo Magazine.

I was planning to transfer the complete pokédex from LeafGreen through to BW and then X, saving me hours of pokédex filling... but I can't find my GBA cards. ( T_T) *weeps*
          Oh god, that's so sad :'( That's one of the worst things about the Gen II/Gen III gap--all our beloved Gen I and Gen II Pokemon are stuck on their old cartridges. I had a similar problem. The only shiny Pokemon I ever owned--besides the Red Gyarados--is a shiny Jynx I got on Crystal. Wish I could get her somehow -sigh-.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thief Noctis View Post
          My Shiny Mightyena. <3 Found him in Emerald as a Poochyena, just outside Fortree completely by chance. He's my first Shiny Pokémon as well as my top favourite Pokémon, so it was the best thing ever.
          He's currently residing on Platinum as I've not yet got around to transferring him over to Gen 5, but as soon as I do I'll be anxiously awaiting PokéBank so I can send him over to Y and finally see my beloved Mighty in 3D. <3 Playing with and petting him in Amie... I'm gonna be overjoyed I'll finally get to properly interact with him after all these years. xD

Gen 3 to Gen 4 doesn't sound like a lot, but he went back and forth between the Gen 4 games way too much, so I've actually transferred him more times than I can remember. Back and forth between my Diamond and someone-else's cartridges while I restarted Diamond, then back and forth between my Diamond and Pearl as I restarted those, then back and forth between those and Platinum... Back and forth between SoulSilver and Platinum...
          That's awesome! You're so lucky to get your favorite Pokemon in shiny form!

Old November 22nd, 2013 (6:42 AM).
          Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
            only the Hoenn Starters that I transferred over to other gens.
            Old November 22nd, 2013 (11:06 AM).
            Traveling Hoenn once more.

Nature: Adamant
              I don't transfer my teams a lot of the time. What I usually do with Pokémon like my Charizard in FireRed is breed it and then send the baby level 5s forward.
              Old November 22nd, 2013 (12:16 PM).
              Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer is offline
              I burn!

Nature: Relaxed
                My Magneton from Ruby was used to beat that Pokemon league, than transferred to beat the pokemon league on Heart Gold. then transferred to Platinum and evolved to a Magnazone (I got Platinum after Heart Gold) and used on the Pokemon League there then transferred to White to complete that Pokeomon league.

My brother gave me the Quilava from his Colosseum and that was evolved and uesd in Platinum and White pokemon leagues, It will be breed and its baby transferred to X.
                Old November 22nd, 2013 (1:48 PM).
                • Silver Tier

I don't tend to send my teams forward from one generation to the next. I like to return to my older games and continue to play them, and they just wouldn't be the same if my teams weren't still there. In general, I don't really like to transfer anything that's not replaceable (e.g., legendaries [which can be a problem for completing pokedexes], team members, irreplaceable items in games where those could be transferred, etc.). I do like to breed my Pokémon and send the babies forward to new games, though, and I have a number of Pokémon that I'm looking forward to transferring to gen 6 (though most of them originated in gen 5 or maybe gen 4, not gen 3).
                Old November 26th, 2013 (3:31 AM).
                Internet Celebrity

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Imperator161 View Post
                  I don't tend to send my teams forward from one generation to the next. I like to return to my older games and continue to play them, and they just wouldn't be the same if my teams weren't still there.

Ah, I usually train up some replacement pokémon if I want to return to an old game, it's a tradition I've created over many years. Now I always name every member of the replacement team "Rejectkrew", as they're normally made up of any left over high level pokémon in my boxes. :D

Old November 26th, 2013 (10:57 AM).
                  Willpower

Nature: Quiet
                    I haven't transferred anything from any Gen so far. I will when I start working on filling the PokeDex after I finish all my Gen III, IV, V and VI games!
                    Well, IV and V have been done, just need to finish Y, Ruby, Emerald (x3 for the Johto starters) and LeafGreen again (for 3rd starter) ...
                    Old November 26th, 2013 (1:01 PM).

If I could I'd love to transfer my Onix from Silver that knew fly... man I had some good times with that messed up glitched Pokemon haha

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
                      Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
                      Old November 29th, 2013 (12:49 AM).
                      Ω Good Bye & Good Night Ω
                      • Crystal Tier
                      • Social Media

I've had a few gen III Pokemon become useful members of my party in gen IV, and the same with gen IV to gen V, but none seem to have made the gap from III to V (at least, none that I can recall right away). I'm sure there's one or two that I've transferred over just because, but I probably won't find myself using them.

     

Quick Reply