• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

This is so hard to pick because there really isn't a type that I don't like. My favorite Pokemon, Castform, is Normal typed but I wouldn't go as far to say that is my favorite type. I'm also a huge fan of Water types because of how diverse they are but by no means is it my favorite type. I guess that either Bug or Steel would be my favorite type. I just really love all Pokemon of those types and it feels like each and every generation they are only improving on the quality of Pokemon that represent those two types. Funny enough, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time is Steel/Bug typed which is Durant! If I had to pick a favorite of each though it would be Honedge for steel and Yanmega for Bug.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I really like Water Pokémon :). Also very fond of grass pokémon, because of the drain abilities.

Fairy has been a great addition too though! Awesome moves and some useful type advantages.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
My favorites are:
Steel. I just love the high defense of these pokemon(looking at you skarmory. your wall tactics are amazing.) Yea I know I am a sucker for wall tactics lol plus they go perfect with my next favorite type. psychic.(though gen 6 ruined this kinda.)

psychic. the mind is stronger than the sword lol. I just LOVE psychic types. All of them have such unique designs(lookin at you braixen). plus their are many strategies they can use like that nasty trick room. they have a wide variety of moves and lots of them make really good sweepers as well.

and my new favorite fairy. Alot of them are just so friggin cuuute!(looking at you sylveon). I also love the sp.def stats of alot of the fairies. makes really good sp.walls. I also love the immunities and resistances of fairies.(Togekiss I am looking at you especially.) and then I love what they did to Azumarill. It can own pretty much anything with its new play rough move. and speaking of moves alot of the fairy move are so unique!. Like the (over powered) moon blast. lol

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I've always been fond of Fire-types, which is mostly due to my attraction to the beauty of fire IRL (so long as it's not burning something or someone to death). These Pokemon also usually end up looking huggable (like Arcanine) and generally good.

I quite like Grass-types as well, and it's practically because of my fondness of flowers. Some are strikingly beautiful (Lilligant, for example :3), plus I think their delicateness makes them more... charming. Okay, it's sad that they're considered to be the weakest, especially those who don't get dual-typing, but none of that really matters to me.

Dark- and Ghost-types have a spot in my heart, too. :3 Black + purple + creepy = WIN.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Probably Steel and Fire! I think it's strong!
Rather than that, I think dragon too. I just don't think so.. lol

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
I love water types, because I always swim and sit in water for long periods of time. *aka shower/bath* But I also like Ice, because they have a majestic beauty to them! Their moves are stunning and can freeze the opponent! I like cold weather WAY better than hot weather as well, and I love snow and rain!

X-Tyranitar

Professional Rom Hacker
Years
Favorite Type?!?

What is the favorite type out of pokecommunity members out there!?

Mine is definitely the Dragon Type! Too bad Tyranitar isn't part Dragon:/

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I love dark types ^_^. Dark water to be specific. But Psychic is awesome too ^_^.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Grass all the way. Serperior was my first pokemon, so that nostalgia carried over to its typing. Not to mention the success I've had using a grass monotype team in tournaments, so that's a big plus.

Years
We've already got an active thread with a poll asking members their favorite Pokemon type, so I'm going to merge the two threads. Please make sure to do a quick search in the future to make sure there isn't another thread already asking the same thing before you post!

MERGED.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I voted for Dark, but also really love Grass so that's my second favorite. While the Dark type isn't excatly know for being really strong, but it's the designs of the Pokemon I like. Dark types are some of the coolest design. Most look really menacing and like they could scare you into defeat. My favorite Dark type being Umbreon! So cool and it has pretty shiny colors. I've had one in alot of my teams cause it's such a great attacker and good Defense compared to most Dark types.

Grass is one of my favorite types since Treecko, my favorite Pokemon, is a Grass type so I've been become more in favor of Grass types ever since it became my favorite. There's a lot of other Grass types I like too such as Shiftry, Tropius, Snivy's line, Sceptile and Grovyle of course, Chespin and Chesnaught (not not Quiladin) , Whimsicott,Pumpkaboo, Gourgesit, Trevanant, Gogoat, Skiddo, Phantump, Bulbasaur's line,and Turtwig's line, Meganium. There's a good mixture of cute and cool Grass types.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I'm surprised nobody likes normal types that much...
Honestly, those things can learn so many types of moves. My Overall my favorite normal type pokemon currently would have to be furfrou because I have a poodle :) It's defense is so strong too~

I actually made a team full of normal types to challenge my friends!! :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
My top 5 in order:
Bug - Mainly due to the being underrated and overlooked a lot. Plus they're all well designed.
Poison - Just a great type lots of diversity and an awesome status condition to inflict.
Ice - Some of their thunder has been stolen by the fairies but it's still one of my favorites.
Fighting - All around great type I love every pokemon in it....except Sawk & Throh.
Steel - Scizor,Steelix,Skarmory, Metagross...etc There are just so many awesome steel types.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I voted for grass and ghost!
Grass- my best Pokémon deck ever was a grass deck.
Ghost- I love creepy things and two of my favourite Pokemon are Banette and Gengar.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Grass, without a doubt. I tend to like the underdog, so grass's disadvantaged status is a plus for me. Also, it's among the more strategic types, with a large variety of effects in its collective movepool (and it contains my favorite move, Leech Seed). It's a fun type to play with. And to top it off, I love a lot of their designs; a lot of good ones came out during and after third gen (which is when I started my tradition of choosing the grass starter first).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Dark and Flying are probably my two favorite types. When I think of my favorite Pokemon designs, most of them are one of those two. Hydriegon and Togekiss forever. <3

Back