• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Most Valuable Pokemon

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This can apply to both games.

After you beat the champion (Alder in BW, Iris in B2W2), one of your Pokemon in your party will be awarded MVP status because of how strong they were towards the champion's Pokemon, as well as taking on most of the battles throughout your game. Who was your MVP? Why do you think said Pokemon became your MVP?

I've yet to find out who's my MVP for my White 2, but I know for sure my MVP for White is my L67 Mienshao. I was a little skeptical at first when I wanted a fighting type for my team, but I didn't regret having it since. My Mienshao had awesome stats and can literally take on any Pokemon...even higher leveled Pokemon when battling against the E4 when facing them for the 2nd time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Mine turned out to be my Emboar! I've always loved it but for some reason this thing kicked extra butt everywhere it went. Flame Charge, the Flame Blitz and Wild Charge Combo while polishing off other teams with Superpower is an epic in-game combo.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Mine would have to be Seismitoad, it had stuggled throughout the game to keep up level wise but when the elete four came around he became my number 1. I can honestly say that if it were not for him, i would not have even come close to beating it on my first try

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Black, it was Scrafty. This Pokémon had Moxie, and had the Adamant nature as well—a great combination. Its moves were Crunch, Dragon Claw, Bulk Up, and Head Smash. Crunch permitted it to take down a variety of ghost- and psychic-types. With Dragon Claw, it was able to defeat plenty of dragon Pokémon. Bulk Up gave it some boost to its Attack and Defense stats whenever it needed it. Finally, thanks to Head Smash, it had the chance to get past flying-type Pokémon, which it was super-effective against. I wanted to teach it Drain Punch and Dragon Dance, but unfortunately, those were its eggs move. In order to have it learn them, I think you might've had to breed it. When it comes to breeding, I'm not experienced at all, so… And in Black 2, my MVP was Volcarona. My friend had given it to me after I was done with the fourth gym, and have been using it ever since. It was IV bred already, so all there was left to do is EV train. :b

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
This is a very difficult question to answer tbh. My White 2 team consisted of Pokemon I considered my best powerhouses, so it's rather hard for me to choose between them. I'd have to go with my Hydreigon after much consideration though as with Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Flamethrower and Hyper Voice plus its Modest nature, it easily sweeps through lots of teams with little to no effort. Darmanitan comes a close second though, but since you're asking for my MVP, this is it. c:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In my White 2 game it was Mienshao. I relied a lot on it, it was over leveled (by almost 28 levels), it took down almost the entire E4 and Iris by itself.

I will have to look at my other games to see who they where. I knew on W2 since I was playing it when I saw this topic.

Years
My Samurott was easily the MVP of my party back on White, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took out at least half of the Elite Four's Pokemon on its own. As for White 2, my MVP was... the very same Samurott. I knew that the Elite Four was a little more challenging in the sequel games, so I decided to ship over my Samurott around the time I hit the 7th gym. I was expecting it to play a supporter role in my party, but yet again, it took out a majority of the Elite Four's Pokemon out all by itself.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Definitely my Galvantula. His speed and sp. attack just anihilated every foe weak to its types. Then I'd have my Golurk clean up the leftovers...

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
My White 2 MVP was my Cinccino. I caught the Skill Link one in the Hidden Grotto, and he was an absolute beast. His moveset was Bullet Seed, Tail Slap, Rock Blast, and Sing, and he could take out most things in one or two turns.

My Black 2 MVP was my Garbodor. She was actually my worst Pokemon at first, but then I taught her Toxic and Venoshock, and she began to wreck stuff with just those two moves. She also knew Body Slam and Sludge Bomb, but she mostly just used those to finish what Toxic and Venoshock started.

Years
White 2 was my (well Ns!) Zoroark. I swore down when I was given it that It would be the pokemon to A, defeat N when I faced him and B, destroy the elite four for me. And it did. Poor neglected Zoroa grew to be a badass ;)
in black 2 it was my hydreigon hands down. I LOVE Hydreigon so much and it literally was such a beast for me.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Mine was Dialga. I loved that pokemon. This along with Shaymin was how I was able to beat the champion. xD

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
My MVP has been Excadrilll. I eventually discovered that Excadrill was promoted to Ubers in the competitive battling scene due to its high Attack and Sand Rush. It sort of disappointed on the Elite Four thanks to it's Fighting-type weakness, but no doubt a great choice for the Battle Subway, especially if you combine it with Tyranitar.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
My MVP in Black 2 and White 2 was gallade.I got it from GTS.It's nature is adamant with 4 perfect IVs.His moveset are psycho cut,close combat,night slash and leaf blade combined with shell smash-baton pass.In Black my MVP was Emboar while my White's MVP was Samurott.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
My most valuable pokemon was probably Beast, my charizard. I had transferred him from Heart Gold. He is the first pokemon that I've fully EV trained and now I'm waiting to transfer him to Y to mega evolve into Charizard X.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Firehead the Infernape. MVP on all games. Also my first Pokemon

Back