Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO
View Poll Results: Where should Gen 7 be located?
Los Angeles 2 5.88%
Australia 14 41.18%
Africa 7 20.59%
U.K 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 23rd, 2013 (10:51 PM).
  • Developer
  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
I would really like there to be a region based off Greenland. I think it would be really interesting to have an entire region set somewhere with ice all around.

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 23rd, 2013 (11:30 PM).
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
    Great Britain and Ireland. Or Germany. Russia COULD work... maybe even Australia.
    Yeah, Australia would be awesome.
    Old November 24th, 2013 (1:05 AM).
    weirdguybuizel

Nature: Timid
      I was thinking a region based on some place in South America. I am by no means an expert on the continent, but I think it has a variety of things that could make for an interesting region. The wildlife is very diverse, so that could inspire a whole new set of pokémon. Legends can even be based on ancient civilizations, such as the Inca or Maya. The geography might be fun to explore in a game as well, from tropical rain forests, mountainous cliffs, and small archipelagoes to ancient ruins and large modernized cities. I'd especially love to see the Nazca Lines in pokémon form.
      Old November 26th, 2013 (7:03 PM).
      Upcoming Video Game Master

Nature: Adamant

How about they do Los Angeles or San Francisco? A region based of Los Angeles county would be boss, and the U.S Bank Tower could serve as a battle tower. And the Stapels Center can be like B/W2's PWT with all gym leaders, elite four and champions from all gens. That would be great.

Now loading.... .... .... .... ...

The save file has been corrupted.
        Old November 26th, 2013 (8:40 PM).

Ive been doing some thinking and i think I should specalate the new region stereotyping by Game Freak. We've been to Japan, NYC and France and what region shall be next. Look no other than...Los Angeles. (Sorry i dont have any pics, dont know how yet to post them and have to hav 15 posts or more.

Los Angeles is one of the largest cities in the U.S and probably the most diverse in the country. Home to blockbuster movies, amazing schools, headquarters to famous companies and lots of sun and great beaches and plenty to do.

The reason why the next region/next gen or sequel should take place here is because of the neighborhoods in L.A, travel, hobbies, commerce and lots of forests and some mountainside and a amazing ocean. Gamefreak can really pull it off here and make something amazing instead of something plain and annoying.

Los Angeles and all of southern California is a great place and Gamefreak can stereotype it to the bone. Imagine it: urban cityscape, vast oceans, dark forests and rugged mountainside. This way, Gamefreak can really make creative pokemon and not some retarted ice cream or a lava lamp kind of thing. From urban slums to amazing sprawling cities.....I can see it.

What gamefreak can do is that it can make the freeways and we can travel by car, bus or subway possibily catch a flight to good ol Kalos or Unova or any other region. They can also extend the game length or put in more post game stuff. The U.S bank tower can be a battle tower with great views of the region. The Staples Center can be another PWT, but you can battle all gym leaders, elite four and champions fron all past gens. The observatory in the hills can be a medieval battle facility with never before seen trainers and lots of rewards for succeeding. The Pacific Ocean can be filled with both old and new Pokemon and trainers wanting to get wet in the warm weather. Hard to explain, but a game in L.A would be MIND BLOWIN. Lemme know what ya think.

Old November 26th, 2013 (9:20 PM).

Nature: Quiet
            Being from Southern California it'd be pretty cool to have a region based off of it... You could have two large cities one in the south representing San Diego and one in the north representing LA.
            Honestly though I would like to see a game based in Africa, something a bit different from previous generations and have Pokemon that are designed for a far more arid region would be cool.

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
            Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
            Old November 26th, 2013 (9:51 PM).
            the unimportant

Get this genius idea, an entire region... wait for it. Based off of the Sahara desert. All you can catch are Sandiles, Baltoys, Hippopotas and Trapinches. Brilliant AMIRITE?
              -Metang
              -Klefki
              Heres my Y FC:
              4184 2997 2224 PM me before you add me

PM me for safaris I'm looking for! (I got a bunch)
              Old November 26th, 2013 (11:38 PM).
              turn up the engine
              • Crystal Tier

I'd love to see it based on Africa, though they'd probably step on a few toes and piss a few people off for being racist in one way or another. Not that setting a video game in Africa is racist in itself, but they might make some gross misrepresentation of it in some way or something that they include may be taken offensively, similar to the whole shambles surrounding Jynx.
              Old November 27th, 2013 (12:52 AM). Edited November 27th, 2013 by KamikazeSSoH.
              Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi

if you think about it. maybe be brazil or U.K but we never know....

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Terff View Post
                Get this genius idea, an entire region... wait for it. Based off of the Sahara desert. All you can catch are Sandiles, Baltoys, Hippopotas and Trapinches. Brilliant AMIRITE?
                well trapinches evolves into flygon so yes. just put a elekid in there and the game is accept >D

@KamikazeSilver
                My Two Favorite Pokémon.
                Old November 27th, 2013 (4:11 AM). Edited November 27th, 2013 by kha111.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Route 18 View Post
                  I'd love to see it based on Africa, though they'd probably step on a few toes and piss a few people off for being racist in one way or another. Not that setting a video game in Africa is racist in itself, but they might make some gross misrepresentation of it in some way or something that they include may be taken offensively, similar to the whole shambles surrounding Jynx.
                  You're right on that one, gamefreak has sometimes been in the center of controversy especially racial stereotyping. Even in the anime, they cut a episode because it represented racial stereotyping. But, Africa would be great being im African-American. Africa has some good cities and.. sports. But, my problem is if gamefresk does africa, they might badly and offensively stereotype slavery and us being held as slaves.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KamikazeSSoH View Post
                  if you think about it. maybe be brazil or U.K but we never know....

well trapinches evolves into flygon so yes. just put a elekid in there and the game is accept >D
                  I like the concept, but we would get tired of catching those. Trapinch is a hassle due to its ability and you cant flee from wild.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by darkredwing View Post
                  Being from Southern California it'd be pretty cool to have a region based off of it... You could have two large cities one in the south representing San Diego and one in the north representing LA.
                  Honestly though I would like to see a game based in Africa, something a bit different from previous generations and have Pokemon that are designed for a far more arid region would be cool.
                  Gamefreak could make a entire universe, with a possibility the old regions can return. They can push 3DS hardware to its limits like Rockstar Games for Grand Theft Auto V. But, all that space would be too large for the 3DS, so they probably could do a RPG on the Wii U. No Pokemon Battle Revolution, that was crap. A Pokemon XD- Colesseum type of approach.

Old November 27th, 2013 (4:54 AM).
                  Banned

Nature: Modest
                    there should be more options... maybe changing Los Angeles to USA because that fits better than having Los Angeles as an option. I can't vote because I'd vote USA in general but you had to be TOO SPECIFIC
                    Old November 27th, 2013 (4:58 AM). Edited November 27th, 2013 by kha111.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinrpg View Post
                      there should be more options... maybe changing Los Angeles to USA because that fits better than having Los Angeles as an option. I can't vote because I'd vote USA in general but you had to be TOO SPECIFIC
                      Los Angeles itself is specific. You go into a room and scream out L.A loud, you might stir up a discussion. I can picture some of the country being in the game, but..it dosent fit the concept. USA isnt that great and i live and born there, Only places i like is NYC, Miami amd LA.

Ill try to change the poll options due to a request.

I dont think i can change the options being i did not start the thread. The mods merged it somehow.

Old November 27th, 2013 (5:38 AM).
                      Goodbye, Grace

Nature: Lonely
                        A game set in the Caribbean where we could control our own ships like in AC4 would be cool. I pirate themed pokemon game. I'd buy it.
                        Old November 27th, 2013 (6:21 AM).
                        Don't tread on me.

I hope that Gen. 7 is set in a region based off of Africa, especially if they choose one particular country and try not to mix up their countries. Granted, Unova and Kalos both were unique areas, but you could still easily see New York City and France in their respective regions. I really would hate it if they decided to base the geography off of, say, Kenya, while basing its lore on South Africa or something. Given the travel and research Game Freak did for Gen. 6, I don't think I should be too worried.

IMO, anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa would work pretty well, especially for plot elements. In fact, I almost only said Sub-Saharan Africa. But then, I read a post on the first page that mused how it would be interesting for the plot to focus on how humans originated in the Pokemon world. Many scientists agree that humans specifically originated in Ethiopia, so I think that would be an interesting country. Also, Madagascar comes to mind; it's about as close to a compromise between Africa and Australia as you can get!
                          Old November 27th, 2013 (9:43 AM).

Nature: Jolly
                            My preference would be Australia....but I'd also be happy with a location based on Africa or India.

I live in Ireland so obviously I'd love a region based on Ireland....I think the UK and Ireland would end up as the one region.

After that a Scandinavian region (Sweden, Norway, Iceland etc) would be really interesting too.
                            Old November 27th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
                            if i keep my eyes closed
                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
                            Honestly, I'd like to see a region based on Spain? It just seems like.. it should happen. Spain has published Pokemon games nearly from the get-go, I believe, and it just seems like it should get a region. Especially before USA gets another region based off of it (the Los Angeles idea).

theme
                            previously known as Drew
                            paired to Mezzo
                            Old November 27th, 2013 (4:16 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Leo Baskerville View Post
                              Honestly, I'd like to see a region based on Spain? It just seems like.. it should happen. Spain has published Pokemon games nearly from the get-go, I believe, and it just seems like it should get a region. Especially before USA gets another region based off of it (the Los Angeles idea).
                              Or how about Mexico? Mexico could be another option.

Old November 27th, 2013 (9:16 PM).
                              Hear Me Roar
                              • Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
                              I want either Scotland or Canada, both have beautiful countrysides and large cities. Plus I can just see GF making a bagpipe pokemon :D I mean they made a Garbage bag and a Key Ring...so...
                              Old November 27th, 2013 (9:40 PM).
                              Shall we get down to business?

Nature: Calm
                                I would really like to see a Gen take place in a no wear place that's lost in the woods or something, I don't know why just would be nice to see one with a more open plain and no city's. So i vote down under, in the uninhabited part.

X & Y friend code - 1418-6708-9370
                                Currently working on perfect Iv team- (Diggersby)
                                Old November 27th, 2013 (11:04 PM).
                                I like kitties
                                • Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
                                Greece of course. I mean the games had a lot of influence both from the language and from some myths, and it would be interesting how GF would handle a 100% Greek region. Their representation of France was amazing, what with different architectural styles, dialogue flourishes and stuff, and I genuinely believe Greece can be even better.

If not, somewhere in Polynesia, thanks to the strange souvenir.

#328 Trapinch
                                Supporter Collab January 2015
                                Doctor Who Fan Club

Old December 5th, 2013 (6:12 AM).
                                Gladion, Hau and Elio

Location: Stalker much? Somewhere in the Pokémon world...
                                  Nature: Gentle
                                  Australia would work, as we have the Old Melbourne Gaol (Pokemon Gravesite?) and such locations, imagine if Flinders Street Station was remodeled into a Gym.

"Um, I work in a bakery." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

How to get the e with the accent over it used in Pokémon.

Alt + 0233

Old December 5th, 2013 (11:23 PM).
                                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                  10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                                    I would like to see a region based on Africa, any place would work. I wouldn't mine a vast savannah. Also if they bring back seasons they could show water holes and other unique aspects of the savannah. Or if they do the Sahara desert they can give us a large desert region, one that's main game. Or perhaps the tropics...or maybe gives us a little of all three...it'll be like Hoenn...but bigger!
                                    Old December 6th, 2013 (1:02 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                                      Australia would be great i reckon, lots of really cool landscapes such as deserts, beaches and forests plus a load of cool animals that new pokemon could be based on i would really like to see an Emu or a Koala like pokemon implemented one day

A group of Tropical islands would be cool too i think

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4568-7335

Friend Safari:

National Dex Completion: 51%

Shiny Pokemon:
                                      Old December 9th, 2013 (7:54 PM).
                                      • Administrator
                                      • Silver Tier

Africa! It's a beautiful land with some rich history and environments that I'd love to see incorporated into Pokemon. Though.. Australia is a very close second.

| pair family twin mal llsif |

Quick Reply