• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
Sorry ask agin about from Terrain Setting from IV gen
Give there a programm or something they edit the Terrain Settings easy way on all IV gen Versions

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
Spiky I appreciate and thank you for making this program , ....but..... It's hard to use it,
can you make the map editor easy to use like Advance map in the next version??
and hopefully quickly, because the gba hacking is really getting old, Gen IV has been more than 7 years and we still can't completely edit the map.

2wise

2wise For You :P
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
I've been getting this error alot : Rom Unsupported. I don't understand why I can't load HG/SS/Black & White roms when you clearly stated it is compatiable. Any reasons?

Arctic Eagle

Lone Bird
Years
Pokemon Pearl works but I still can't get Pkmn Black to work with it, although if I tried to add a fountain in twinleaf town, it shows an error. Why is that, you think?

Maybe I should just stick to gba hacking...

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
gbl3.png

This titlescreen looks like LEGO or Minecraft. LOL
I want to fix this 3D model.
What should I do?

Spiky-Eared Pichu,I am looking forward to SDSME 1.9.0.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
gbl3.png

What should I do?

This is because the DS can only support a certain amount of polygons, or else the frame rate would slow down or you would get a UV error when creating an .imd for it, depending if the texture repeats too often within a material.

The shading and lighting can be changed or switched off entirely by selecting a certain option in 3ds Max, which I have forgotten what it was, but I know it was somewhere in the lighting properties for the object you've selected.

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
gbl3.png

What should I do?

First of all, GOOD titlescreen! ;)
To solve this problem you can enable vertex colors. With vertex colors your 3D model will be smooth.
You can watch this tutorial to learn how to enable vertex colors. The tutorial is spanish but I think it´s easy to understand. :D

The result will be something smooth like this:

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
xsiq.png

Platinum Lucario and Trifindo,Thank you very much.
It was successful.But something's funny. LOL
It's OK.

Years
  • Age 115
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
First off, awesome tool! Two questions / possible bugs I've encountered while looking at HG:

• Is the "Inside Models" tickbox in the "Model List" window supposed to show models that appear inside buildings (desks, beds, etc.)? It doesn't have any effect for me...
  • I've seen some posts mentioning animated models. Is it supposed to be obvious in the "Model List" window when a model is animated, and possible to edit it? I haven't seen any difference in the options available for models which I would expect to be animated (fountains, waterfalls...)

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
I have missed a lot of updates on this thread, but as of what I see, it's very cool. (Like the Evee 3D model and the Pokémon Naranje title screen).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
This looks amazing! Definitely using this
I'm just wondering, is there a way to make a nintendo plugin for blender?
honestly I don't have the money to buy programs like 3ds max

Platinum Lucario

Years
I'm really looking forward to the next version of SDSME, once it has been posted... I will be able to progress more on my Pokémon Black Version 2 hack, Pokémon Lava Ruby.

And not to also mention there will be alot of bug fixes, which will be great! ^^

I've already started modeling Littleroot Town, but I do lack the knowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max 2011.

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I'm really looking forward to the next version of SDSME, once it has been posted... I will be able to progress more on my Pokémon Black Version 2 hack, Pokémon Lava Ruby.

And not to also mention there will be alot of bug fixes, which will be great! ^^

I've already started modeling Littleroot Town, but I do lack the knowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max 2011.

Well, there is a Pokemon Ruby Remake and this will be the titlescreen:

Will you show images? :D

Platinum Lucario

Years
Can you port this to Android?

It's written in C#, and C# is only compatible with Windows operating systems, so therefore it's literately impossible to port SDSME over to Android.

Unless SDSME was completely re-written in C++ or Java, which I don't see that happening.

Yeah, sorry about that. :\

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
Hii i have a error when i want to open the SDSME the message that appears is "Can not activate the GL rendering context" someone can help me?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
So I wonder. That is Possible to make 3D Fully Tile Screen in Pokemon DPPT. SO i think that is Possible make 3D Models battle like in Pokemon XY? Pokemon Black/White <With their Sequels> Size is quite good for those Models <I've seen that maximal 3d model size in Pokemon XY is 120x120.> Making models for PKMN B2W2 and using PokeStar backgrounds give base for Pokemon XY Demake <With earsing PokeStar staff slots giving place for Kalos Pokemons> But I do not know that 3d models in battle scene is possible.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I see it was asked earlier, but not answered.. Does anyone know the flag for National Pokedex??

Back