Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which Protagonist Is The Strongest!?
Red 15 65.22%
Blue/Green/Leaf ( Female ) 1 4.35%
Gold 3 13.04%
Crystal 0 0%
Lyra 0 0%
Brendan 1 4.35%
May 1 4.35%
Lucas 0 0%
Dawn 0 0%
Hilbert 1 4.35%
Hilda 1 4.35%
Nate 0 0%
Rosa 0 0%
Calem 0 0%
Selena 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 30th, 2013 (7:16 PM). Edited December 10th, 2013 by 大輔.
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Pokemon Colosseum Wes: 1

Which protagonist stands out to you most? This doesn't necessarily mean he/she is your favorite... this is more about whether or not they are the strongest ( battle wise, contest wise, etc ). Who do you think is the most powerful of them all?
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old November 30th, 2013 (9:03 PM).
Sopheria's Avatar
響け〜 響け!
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: 深き海の彼方
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,929
Is there even any question? Red of course! I'm still training to beat that guy in HeartGold. Red is a true champion. Virtually invincible. Oh, and he has a level 88 Pikachu :O
__________________
Paired with Dragon and Koakuma

  #3    
Old December 1st, 2013 (12:49 AM).
adventure's Avatar
f a i r y b u g cute f l y
Moderator DSC
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Gender: Other
Nature: Naive
Posts: 24,506
I've gotta say Red as well. The way he is included and talked about in the G/S/C games just makes him a legend that no one else can match. The original dex holder and pokémon journey trainer. Plus, he trained his Pikachu to high level rather than to evolve it. Now, that's badass!
__________________

c:
  #4    
Old December 1st, 2013 (1:16 AM).
Brendino's Avatar
Mele Kalikimaka
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shamouti Island
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 6,864
I wanted to say Red as well, but when you think about it, Gold/Crystal/Ethan/Lyra (depending on the game) actually defeat Red later on. On top of that, they've only been trainers for a short period of time compared to the amount of time Red's spent honing his craft on Mt. Silver. Sure, he may not have battled anyone in a while, but I'd think it'd take a pretty special trainer to beat the last three Pokemon League Champions on their own (Red, Blue/Green and Lance). For poll purposes though, I just selected Gold.
__________________
  #5    
Old December 1st, 2013 (2:33 AM).
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 11,722
May would have to be pretty tough. When I had battled her for the final time at Lilycove City in Emerald, which was able to get through most of my Pokémon pretty easily with Tropius. Brendan was quite hard as well. He was equally as tough. Aside from these two, Red was also very difficult to defeat. His team was well-balanced, and all members complemented each other very nicely. If one was weak against something, the other was able to cover it up. :b Only characters that could possibly be stronger than him are the ones listed above, haha.
  #6    
Old December 1st, 2013 (3:00 AM).
Sniper's Avatar
ふゆかい
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,453
Well, Red for me. I think he have all the above Pokemon!
He even caught mewtwo (Well.. in the anime) So Red ftw.
__________________


  #7    
Old December 1st, 2013 (3:28 AM).
Apollo's Avatar
怖がらないで
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 1,333
I'm gonna go with RED as well. He not only defeated Team Rocket, but defeated the Pokemon League and basically becoming a legend across two regions. His team is well-balanced, and he completed the Pokedex (but this is the player's choice). Speaking of player's choice, probably the later protagonists would take the cake for strongest protagonists when we're not talking about plot, but the actions of the player. Most people now, when it comes to teams, pick Pokemon with good natures and EV/IV train them and they just make the strongest team so I'd say Generation IV protags (Hilbert, Lucas, Serena, Ethan etc) onwards could be the strongest. But for me, RED is the strongest.

BRENDAN and MAY come close to RED. They saved the whole world from flooding/landing(??), and they saved the world from Groudon and Kyogre by calling Rayquaza to stop their fight, which is pretty badass if you ask me. They defeated the Elite Four too, which is a plus.
__________________

there is no fire like passion
  #8    
Old December 1st, 2013 (5:34 AM).
Sopheria's Avatar
響け〜 響け!
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: 深き海の彼方
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I wanted to say Red as well, but when you think about it, Gold/Crystal/Ethan/Lyra (depending on the game) actually defeat Red later on. On top of that, they've only been trainers for a short period of time compared to the amount of time Red's spent honing his craft on Mt. Silver. Sure, he may not have battled anyone in a while, but I'd think it'd take a pretty special trainer to beat the last three Pokemon League Champions on their own (Red, Blue/Green and Lance). For poll purposes though, I just selected Gold.
That is an extremely good point, now that you mention it :O
__________________
Paired with Dragon and Koakuma

  #9    
Old December 1st, 2013 (9:01 AM).
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Hmmm, strangely enough I've actually had second thoughts about Red ( which is why I made this poll lol ). For me I think Hilbert/Hilda are stronger protagonists. I mean, Red beat the championship, completed the original pokedex, etc. But in BW the legendaries themselves were attracted to the protagonist and they pretty much did what Red did.
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
  #10    
Old December 7th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
The Ruby Of The Sea's Avatar
On Ice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cerulean Pool
Gender: Female
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 96
Red, for game and manga achievements. He like the others, don't get me wrong they achieved so much too. Anyway, he's always seemed to pull through the impossible, and as shown in G/S and the remakes, he's pretty darn powerful
  #11    
Old December 7th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
KorpiklaaniVodka's Avatar
KID BUU PAWAA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern Europe
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 3,328
There is no "most powerful protagonist" in my opinion.
__________________
PokeCheats | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club | Legendary Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeGenesect2016 #FreeHoopa-U2016
  #12    
Old December 7th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
Outlier's Avatar
Goodbye, Grace
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 881
Wes would sick his Espeon on Red while Umbreon sweeps his entire team.
  #13    
Old December 7th, 2013 (5:31 PM).
LilyAnn's Avatar
All your base are belong to us
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: America
Gender: Other
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 349
Red. I have never seen a trainer so strong in a game. xD That and no other person was talked about like he was. It was an actual challenge for me to beat him.
  #14    
Old December 7th, 2013 (5:45 PM).
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Do you guys think that other trainers would be just as strong as Red if they reappeared in another generation?
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
  #15    
Old December 7th, 2013 (6:18 PM).
Varus's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
Well in Gold/Silver/Crystal you actually beat red sooo... That means red is obviously not the most powerful.
__________________
  #16    
Old December 7th, 2013 (7:05 PM).
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varus View Post
Well in Gold/Silver/Crystal you actually beat red sooo... That means red is obviously not the most powerful.
I totally agree with you... as Red might have been the original champion, there are plenty of people like Gold who could probably defeat him in battle.
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
  #17    
Old December 7th, 2013 (7:23 PM).
Varus's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 大輔 View Post
I totally agree with you... as Red might have been the original champion, there are plenty of people like Gold who could probably defeat him in battle.
While we're at it, the object of each pokemon game is to become the #1 pokemon master, which is usually accomplished by capturing a legendary pokemon. In this sense I suppose each protagonist of future generations would beat the protagonist of previous generations in a pitched pokemon battle.

So right now I suppose the top contestant would be (insert protagonist of x and y here).

Who will be dwarfed later on by (insert protagonist of another absurd pokemon game here who managed to capture another absurd legendary pokemon).

Thus the cycle will continue, and in doing so, stoking the ego of all the fans.
__________________
  #18    
Old December 7th, 2013 (7:28 PM).
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varus View Post
While we're at it, the object of each pokemon game is to become the #1 pokemon master, which is usually accomplished by capturing a legendary pokemon. In this sense I suppose each protagonist of future generations would beat the protagonist of previous generations in a pitched pokemon battle.

So right now I suppose the top contestant would be (insert protagonist of x and y here).

Who will be dwarfed later on by (insert protagonist of another absurd pokemon game here who managed to capture another absurd legendary pokemon).

Thus the cycle will continue, and in doing so, stoking the ego of all the fans.
so basically...

Pokemon = The perfect child trapping device used since 1996...
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
  #19    
Old December 7th, 2013 (9:33 PM).
Varus's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 大輔 View Post
so basically...

Pokemon = The perfect child trapping device used since 1996...
Something along those lines, yes, exept it works for more than just children.
__________________
  #20    
Old December 10th, 2013 (3:06 AM).
WhosAdzer's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
Red is the best! Can't beat the classics :D
__________________
--> Follow My Twitter - Here
----> Watch My YouTube Channel - Here
  #21    
Old December 10th, 2013 (1:34 PM).
SnailCandy's Avatar
Bass Dropper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Drowning in a Sea of Apathy
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 61
I, unlike most people, think May is the toughest and strongest. I don't know if it's nostalgia talking, but May was the only rival I ever lost to repeatedly. Sure I lost to Red once and lost to Gold a few times, but May kicked my but every single time I fought her and kicked it multiple times before I was able to get a strategy to work. Maybe the AI for that game was better (...Nah...) or I just had bad pokemon, but May was a nightmare for me. Almost worse than Whitney...*shivers*
__________________




"It takes someone strong to stand up for themselves, yet someone stronger to stand up for others" ~Unknown
  #22    
Old December 10th, 2013 (3:08 PM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 21
Posts: 3,489
Hmm...as everyone pointed out, technically you can't put Red as Gold beats him :P. So it's between Gold and Lucas (Who beats Barry, who is stronger than Red was in GSC, but slightly weaker than HGSS Red). Also I agree, May just before Mauville is still one of the toughest battles I ever face. Then she gets weak.
__________________
  #23    
Old December 10th, 2013 (3:27 PM).
CelticsPhan's Avatar
I've been here for three years???
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 455
If I could make a suggestion, Wes from Pokemon Colosseum seems like the strongest to me. A master of the mysterious Shadow Pokemon, an anti-hero of sorts, and one whose only companion is Rui. That "outcast" figure Wes has gives him that aura of a powerful trainer. And he is- he defeats the evil Team Cipher to save the Orre Region. Just a little more dramatic than getting badges, am I right?

I also think his outfit is best-looking for a male protag. A cool blue overcoat and a Snagging Machine at his side, I'd sure be scared to face him. Despite the fact he's referred to as a kid, Wes looks way older than a 10 year old. I'd say he looks at least 16 at that.
__________________
this is me reminding myself that the new Theta Emerald patch comes out at the end of the year
  #24    
Old December 10th, 2013 (8:03 PM).
大輔's Avatar
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciMeme View Post
If I could make a suggestion, Wes from Pokemon Colosseum seems like the strongest to me. A master of the mysterious Shadow Pokemon, an anti-hero of sorts, and one whose only companion is Rui. That "outcast" figure Wes has gives him that aura of a powerful trainer. And he is- he defeats the evil Team Cipher to save the Orre Region. Just a little more dramatic than getting badges, am I right?

I also think his outfit is best-looking for a male protag. A cool blue overcoat and a Snagging Machine at his side, I'd sure be scared to face him. Despite the fact he's referred to as a kid, Wes looks way older than a 10 year old. I'd say he looks at least 16 at that.
Lol, I forgot about the XD/Colosseum series. Awesome I'll put that as a vote underneath in the post :D
__________________

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:12 AM.