• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Species of Pokemon you'd like to see in the future

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
171.gif

Here's what I believe was meant to be the dolphin of pokémon. It's a mix between dolphin and those lightbulb deep sea dwellers, I suppose. Lanturn is darn cute when you think about it!

323.gif

As for camel, there is Numel and Camerupt.

1373647879392.jpg

And can anyone say that Psyduck isn't platypus-like? I certainly think it is alike.

473.gif

Here's the mammoth.

390.gif

And the chimpanzee.

However, there are tons of mice and bird pokémon, so more pokémon based on the same animal concept certainly can't be outruled! More fawns, apes and fish are sure to come.

I love the idea of chess-based pokémon. As long as they don't make them look like cartoon chess pieces too much. Do something creative with the pieces they resemble, in that case. Maybe their story could be that the inventor of the chess game got inspiration from their designs ^^

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I don't think they've made a fly Pokémon yet. I guess a narwhal or a swordfish would be pretty cool as maybe a water/fighting or water/steel type. They've done octopus, maybe have a Kraken of some kind. Haven't done a Pegasus, yet.

I did have the idea of a possessed suit of armour being ghost/steel or ghost/dark, but with the Pawniard and Honedge lines it's fairly covered. Would be cool to have more Steel type combos, although they're a little OP. (Steel/Ghost has no 4x weaknesses, two 2x weaknesses, four normally damaging, seven 0.5x resistances, one 0.25x resistance and three immunities. Wow.)

To be honest, there are few things left where it can't be argued they've covered in some way.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think they've made a fly Pokémon yet. I guess a narwhal or a swordfish would be pretty cool as maybe a water/fighting or water/steel type. They've done octopus, maybe have a Kraken of some kind. Haven't done a Pegasus, yet.

What about Yanma and Yanmega? They're both based on dragonfly, though, which is just a single type of fly. There's more variety of flies out there, though, so it'd be nice to see a few Pokémon inspired by them. (: And yes, a Pegasus Pokémon would definitely be awesome! Nearest thing we have to a Pegasus right now is Shaymin (sky). It's got the ability to fly, but it doesn't have wings, though, nor is it big enough.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
New Pokemon Ideas

Well hello there neighbor~ I hope your weekend was good~ I remember back in the early days of X and Y reveals that I said I hoped they made a T-Rex Pokemon and my goodness was I ever happen that it came true. I now find myself hoping they make a Deseret Tortoise Pokemon that was Water and Fire or maybe Ground and Fire with water absorbing abilities. I know I cant be the only one who has ideas for new Pokemon. What kind of pokemon would you like to see next?

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
Devising Fakémon but not being talented enough to illustrate them is a hobby of mine, this is my perfect thread!

• I'd like to see an Electric/Fairy-Type based on the ball lightning phenomenon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning),maybe it could even fill the Mew niche! Rotom seems at least partly based on this though, so there's a chance of it being a bit redundant...

• On that ball lightning note, I'd certainly enjoy a Legendary trio based on some of the creepier cryptids. My favorite thing about Pokémon like Cacturne and Banette is that they're legitimately haunting, they have urban legends and such about them, but it never really comes into play in the actual game, it's all just Poké Dex flavor... A trio of a Dark/Fairy Hopkinsville Goblin, a Dark/Bug (or Dark/Flying?) Mothman, and a Dark/Ground Mongolian Death Worm, if provided with enough mystery and alien enough designs, would properly fulfill that freak factor! Of course, like with Rotom above, Sableye already takes cues from the Hopkinsville Goblin, so they'd have to stretch the design a bit to keep it distinct...

• One of my earliest ideas for a Pokémon, like back during Generation III when I was shorter and chubbier and stupider, was for like an Electric/Steel-Type snake Pokémon that looks like some kind of electrical cable and charges energy by stiffening itself during thunderstorms a la a lightning rod... Actually, that's pretty clever, pat on the back to little me!

Okay so now I'm like getting a whole bunch of ideas, I'll need to come back here!

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
Well, so long as we're on the topic of electric types, I've always wanted to see them make an Electric/Grass-type. (Screw you, Mow Rotom. You suck!) I actually tried making one myself once and giving it the role as Grass starter in my rom hack, but that never really went anywhere...

Anyways, I also thought it'd be cool if there was an Ice/Bug type pokemon that was some form of beetle. You know, it's shell would be made of ice and such. Sort of like Paras and Parasect, but...less creepy... (I thought this is what Bergmite and Avalugg were supposed to be, but I was sadly disappointed.)

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
Well, so long as we're on the topic of electric types, I've always wanted to see them make an Electric/Grass-type. (Screw you, Mow Rotom. You suck!) I actually tried making one myself once and giving it the role as Grass starter in my rom hack, but that never really went anywhere...

Ooh! I could see this one as being based on like a tree struck by lightning, if that makes sense, like a supercharged oak tree. Maybe something with bioelectricity.

Anyways, I also thought it'd be cool if there was an Ice/Bug type pokemon that was some form of beetle. You know, it's shell would be made of ice and such. Sort of like Paras and Parasect, but...less creepy... (I thought this is what Bergmite and Avalugg were supposed to be, but I was sadly disappointed.)

There are species of arctic insects out there, this one has basis, I wanna see it now!

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
The original concept for the Electric/Grass type was named Zapling. It was a tiny roaming plant pokemon that attached it's roots to transformers and power plants to give itself energy. It could cause city wide power outages when groups of them fed.

It's evolution was named Rosurge. It absorbed electromagnetic waves from electronics and used them to give itself energy. The more waves it absorbed, the bigger and brighter it's petals would be. At night, it would glow while it released it's excess energy.

The final evolution was called Kilowood and was basically exactly what you described in your comment! After being struck by lightning, the tree began to fall apart, but the electricity created a magnetism that held it together, kind of like Megneton and the like!

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
The original concept for the Electric/Grass type was named Zapling. It was a tiny roaming plant pokemon that attached it's roots to transformers and power plants to give itself energy. It could cause city wide power outages when groups of them fed.

It's evolution was named Rosurge. It absorbed electromagnetic waves from electronics and used them to give itself energy. The more waves it absorbed, the bigger and brighter it's petals would be. At night, it would glow while it released it's excess energy.

The final evolution was called Kilowood and was basically exactly what you described in your comment! After being struck by lightning, the tree began to fall apart, but the electricity created a magnetism that held it together, kind of like Megneton and the like!

Whoa, I really like that! So Zapling (love the name) would have like little plug-roots?

I had this idea for a two-stage Rock/Ghost-Type line. The first stage was Potsegeist, a vase cobbled together from broken bricks, housing a little vulnerable shadow cloud, kind of had this oddly hermit crab-like vibe. I named its evolution Underhaus, it took a page from Magneton and Metagross, it was several Potsegeist merging their vase-shells into one big castle tower sort of structure.

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
For the most part, yeah. Zapling has little plug roots and resembles a sunflower, then somehow becomes a rose, and finally evolves into a tree...Yeah, not the most logical evolutionary line.

@Iwasapony25: Pegasus Rapidash? F*** YEAH!

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
For the most part, yeah. Zapling has little plug roots and resembles a sunflower, then somehow becomes a rose, and finally evolves into a tree...Yeah, not the most logical evolutionary line.

Makes a lot more sense than a lot of other evolutionary lines I can think of! Looking at you, Dragonair...

Legendaries are the hardest to come up with, anybody else have that problem?

On another note, I totally predicted Diggersby on the whole Normal/Ground early rodent thing, except mine was three stages, consistently typed, and based on a prairie dog...

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
See? That makes so much more sense! Also, I always wanted to see a Dragon/Bug Legendary. I don't know, I thought it'd be cool. :/ S'what I thought Zygarde was, but nope. 6th Gen is just a whole world of disappointments and surprises.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This is a bit too similar to a thread we already have existing in PGen. I will merge them; if you have any questions or concerns about that, feel free to message me about it :)

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
Years
A pegasus would be wonderful. Flying/Fairy type!

^ I agree that a pegasus would be wonderful.

I personally would like a better lion pokemon. Lions are one of my favorite animals, but I wasn't all that impressed with Pyroar. Also maybe like a lemur? I like lemurs :) And more dog pokemon, I love most of the dog-like pokemon.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I would love a dolphin Pokemon! I also want a better anglerfish Pokemon. I like Lanturn but I think it's too cute to be an anglerfish. And goblin shark would be terrifying... I want it! I xiphias (swordfish) would be awesome too!

With sea creatures out of the way, I want a lynx Pokemon so bad. And a wombat. And an ocelot. And an opossum. And a wallaby. And a pika (not Pikachu, and actual animal :P). I swear to God, I looked up a list of animals and typed them here.

If they would do a mega evolution for Rapidash, and do a pegasus-like thing. That would be amazing!

You are a genius.

Back