• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone Else Do the In-game Trades?

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years
Well i used to when i 1st started, now i do them as part of 100% the games

Same here, I will do them in my SS after I beat the PKMN League with just Rex, my Typlosion.

Eh, I do sometimes end up trading to get some specific Pokémon! In HG/SS I done the Pineco for a Steelix (Wow 0_0) and the Bellsprout for an Onix. Weird, huh? I couldn't be bothered to catch Onix, and I didn't have the right materials to evolve it. So why not?

I didn't really do Drowzee for a Machop early-game, I ended up doing it after quite a while. :O Aaand I think there might be some more in D/P/Pt! But I didn't really see them, but I'm sure I did one. Can't remember, lmao :P

I always do the trades whether it is during my journey to E4 or post game.

Last edited:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
I only did for nostalgia. In Gold and Silver, I always did because I was so excited to trade. I did do it, just for the effect. :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I did. I'm replaying HG right now and have so far done all the in-game trades right up to Olivine City's Voltorb for Krabby. It's a great and efficient way to fill up my Pokedex. I don't use the traded Pokemon though as they don't fit my team's criteria.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If I remember correctly, I don't think I ever did partake in any in-game trades in GSC; mainly because I was a noob back then and didn't realise that an Onix for a Bellsprout was actually a great deal considering the Gym Leader of that city specialized in flying types.

Back