• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman - The MEGABUSTER Challenge!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Megaman - The MEGABUSTER Challenge!

5ac9b170f104c5843353b0f52d3e63fc1375563630_full.png

20070801215147!Image-Icon-Megaman-Helmet-Megaman.png
Introduction

Hello there, and welcome to the Megaman: Megabuster Challenge event thread! In this challenge, you are all free to play any sort of megaman games, with just one catch - you are ONLY allowed to use your megabuster! Yes, only your megabuster - from defeating enemies, to defeating robot or navi bosses, you must only use your megabuster to complete everything because Dr. Light forgot to give you spare equipment and Lan spend all his zenny on food instead of battle chips, etc.​

Rules

- The final day to post all logs and progress is January 13th 2014, (or about a month from now) which is when the event will end!
- Please don't use any cheat devices or codes. D:
- If you want to join, refer to the Sign-Up Section below!
- Feel free to use emulators if you wish - you don't have to play these games on a normal handheld or console!
- Try to jot down your progress in this thread - juuust to see that you're at least attempting it, if its a little tough to beat.
- And of course, you ARE allowed to use any health powerups or any sort of health regeneration to keep your health up, or, you're allowed to powerup your megabuster, if you're doing this challenge on the megaman battle network series.
- Got any other questions? Feel free to ask in this thread!​

Restrictions & Legibility

Actually, I believe in this challenge, any sort of megaman game is possible, and you're allowed to play any megaman game in the series, or side series, like the original megaman series, the megaman battle network series, the megaman starforce series, etc. Feel free to choose any megaman game you want!​

Prizes

Aw, but, what's a little event-challenge without prizes in store? For participating, you'll get this emblem! (And possibly a secret one, ohoho):

5zK1uOU.gif

Sign-Up Sheet

If you want to participate, fill out this SUS below!

Username:
Game:

For example:
Username: Aura Blackquill
Game: Megaman 2

Challengers

Spoiler:

Last edited:

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Oh! This sounds really great!
I obviously will join. :D

Username: -MG
Game: Megaman X + Megaman Zero + Megaman ZX

Also, I have 2 question...
Does the armor upgrades count as legal? what about the mandatory ones?

EDIT: Added some advance of the first day of playing MegaMan X

Day 1: Highway + Weapon plant + Power plant
Spoiler:

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
time to raid my cupboard for megaman games.

Username: «Chuckles»
Game: Megaman x Street Fighter + Megaman BattleNetwork 3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sounds like a fun challenge. (: I'll sign-up.

Username: Nymphadora.
Game: Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Protoman.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh! This sounds really great!
I obviously will join. :D

Username: -MG
Game: Megaman X + Megaman Zero + Megaman ZX

Also, I have 2 question...
Does the armor upgrades count as legal? what about the mandatory ones?

EDIT: Added some advance of the first day of playing MegaMan X

Day 1: Highway + Weapon plant + Power plant
Spoiler:

Any upgrades are fine! Just as long as you stick to that megabuster. <3

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I would do this, but there is a slight problem. A few bosses in Mega Man are immune to the Mega Buster (i.e.: MM1 Yellow Devil, MM2 Wily 3) and some areas require you to use certain items to advance
(i.e.: Super Arm in Elec Man. Super Arm, Electro Beam and Magnet Beam in Wily 1 (MM1).
Item-1 and Item-3 in Wily 1. Item-2 in Wily 2 (MM2).
Rush Jet in Needle Man (Doc. Robot, MM3). Rush Coil in Spark Man (Doc. Robot, MM3) I can go on for ages, but I just don't feel like bombarding you (see what I did thar?) with every problem. Anyway, I would like to join, but I'm really not sure what to do since Mega Man 1's Yellow Devil is immune to the Mega Buster. Thanks.
-Ultra

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I would do this, but there is a slight problem. A few bosses in Mega Man are immune to the Mega Buster (i.e.: MM1 Yellow Devil, MM2 Wily 3) and some areas require you to use certain items to advance
(i.e.: Super Arm in Elec Man. Super Arm, Electro Beam and Magnet Beam in Wily 1 (MM1).
Item-1 and Item-3 in Wily 1. Item-2 in Wily 2 (MM2).
Rush Jet in Needle Man (Doc. Robot, MM3). Rush Coil in Spark Man (Doc. Robot, MM3) I can go on for ages, but I just don't feel like bombarding you (see what I did thar?) with every problem. Anyway, I would like to join, but I'm really not sure what to do since Mega Man 1's Yellow Devil is immune to the Mega Buster. Thanks.
-Ultra

Eh, I'd honestly say stick to a game on where it's entirely possible to clear the game with the megabuster only, but if you insist, and if the game absolutely-requires-you to do something else, then go ahead! But only if megabusters won't let you advance, is the only exception. Otherwise, of course, still only use the megabuster for the majority of the game.

/apologizes for my bad english but yeah

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
OMG AURA YOU'RE AWESOME FOR THIS

Username: LoudSilence
Game: Megaman 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

time go insaneeee

Might do other games after I finish these hehe

(P.S. As UltraNerdtendo mentioned, certain areas in the originals require you to use something other than the buster, but AFAIK moments like those are very rare and occur exclusively in Wily's Castle)

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sooo I'm done with day one! I defeated all of the normal robo-masters! :D It took me around 6 Hours XD I didn't really know how to screen shot well so heres a lazy and ugly montage of a few pictures on my journey.

Spoiler:

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Hi there!
I'm reporting for my second day of advancement.
Spoiler:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
For MM6, would we be allowed to use either of the alt forms? I'd figure Power form would be out, but I'm not sure about Jet form, since it still uses the basic buster (You just can't charge it)

Also... What if one wanted to go thorough the psp remake as Vile? What rules would we have for him?

You also say we can use health regeneration - So we could use healing chips in BN? Also, what about buster up chips? And for 6, the beast busters? (I'm pretty sure the Falzar buster would be out, not sure about the gregar buster)

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sooo after 10 hours of extricating pain and frustration i finished Megaman 3! :D Here's another ugly montage of pictures to prove my win and just show yall :3

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
All right, so, here's an update! I've managed to beat Protoman yesterday, somehow, but it's taken me an extremely long time (twenty-five minutes, maybe). It was tough to dodge his attacks, and was even harder to constantly charge your Mega-buster alongside. Now, I'm up to the first Liberation Mission. :) My task is to get rid of Blizzardman and clear ACDC Area 3. Wish me luck!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
For MM6, would we be allowed to use either of the alt forms? I'd figure Power form would be out, but I'm not sure about Jet form, since it still uses the basic buster (You just can't charge it)

Also... What if one wanted to go thorough the psp remake as Vile? What rules would we have for him?

You also say we can use health regeneration - So we could use healing chips in BN? Also, what about buster up chips? And for 6, the beast busters? (I'm pretty sure the Falzar buster would be out, not sure about the gregar buster)

Alt formes are okay since the megabusters they use are just alternative versions. As long as of course, you're still using the megabuster. As for healing and buster up chips, sure, you can use them.

I'm not sure who this Vile is; could you elaborate?

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I'm not sure who this Vile is; could you elaborate?

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_Maverick_Hunter_X

In this PSP remake of Mega Man X, you could play as Vile, an enemy character.

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Vile

The ability to play as Vile after completing the game. Vile acquires unique weapons as he defeats each Maverick that attaches to his Arm, Shoulder, and Leg that must be equipped before each stage. He can use these three weapons an unlimited number of times, but he cannot use any weapons beyond those three once in a stage. Each attack uses some of Vile's quick-charging Weapon Energy. However, there is a drawback of Vile being unable to dash as a player despite being able to do so as a boss in X Mode

Back