• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delta Species Challenge δ

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Imma be doin' this:

Username: KillerCroCohen
Game: Platinum
Challenge: ROM
Optional rules: Every one of them i could do.
NO nzulocke for me.
Optional rule of my own is NO DUPLICATES.
Didn't change the pokemon in the routes, just shuffled types.

Update numero uno:

-Met prof.Pedostache.
-Prof.Pedostache gave me a pokemon, i don't know the types yet, but i've picked Chimchar.
-So, i battled Nolan (rival) without knowing the type of chimchar, but i have Special Rend and Dragon Pulse, so i have a Dragon-type Chimchar, and apearently Nolan has a Grass-type Piplup...LOL.
-OMG Chimchar is Dragon\Water. I got an Infernape-Plakia hybrid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Chimchar grew to 7 and learned Roar of time. Aren't you jealus?!
-I gave him the mighty nickname of "Chimpkia"!
-I try to catch stuff but i can't!! too much power!
-I caught a lvl 3 female Shinx, i called her Donna and her tye is Electric\Water, kinda good considering she is supposed to be Electric anyway. OH and she has Charge beam.

That is it for now!

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Because I want it to be even more random. Random.org told me which game to play. It landed on #13 which i had Pearl down for.
Username: SubVirus
Game: Pearl
Challenge type: Rom
not Nuzlocke
Optional Settings
Spoiler:

This sounds like the most exciting challenge i've read in a while. I'm excited to see what happens lol...
after the challenge i'm probably going to play it again with all the randomness turned on lol.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
The game kept freezing so i restarted it. Starters were Bulbasaur, NidoranMale and Magby, and i chose Bulbasaur for the nostalgia. Well Bulbasaur is Fighting type, and i think Turtwig is Fighting type too so i'm gonna be annoyed as hell this run. I called my Bulbasaur "Hulk" because he is fighting type and he's green. I caught a lvl 3 male Shinx named Loki, he is Rock\Poison type. After handing the parcel to the rival, received the poketch and saved.

Hulk,Bulbasaur,Fight:
Sky Uppercut
Wake-up Slap
Brick Break

Loki,Shinx,Rock\Poison:
Pioson Fnag
Cross Poison

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Update#1 (number of steps it took to get to this update: 3836+whatever i had before getting the poketech which i'd estimate was another 1000)
I chose Piplup and it was a Steel/Poison type. Which means it takes 4x damage from all ground attacks. I decided that was ok... there probably won't be that many ground attacks this early in the game. (WRONG) my first encounter after getting Piplup was a lvl 2 bidoof... He attacked first with Bonemerang... my Piplup was 1 shot. I struggled to get to level 7 with my Piplup and i managed to get to the first trainer who i can't remember what he had but it knew Earthquake at level 5 (despite having no gamebreaking moves = true) lucky for me my Acekard 2i decided to error out/freeze so i had to start over from my save. My save was right before getting my first pokemon.
This time i chose Turtwig who was Dark. During the "How to catch a pokemon tutorial" The NPC's pokemon died in battle and was "blacked out" and still held up the script by giving me my 5 pokeballs and sending me on my way as if it went exactly right. (lolwat) Next i caught a Starly (normal) then Bidoof (Ground/Fire) then Shinx (Ground/Steel) then Zubat (Dragon) and finally Abra (Normal/Bug)of whom i was very happy didn't know Teleport. After getting a team of 6 i spent the next 6 hours grinding them into a team of level 11s (which wasn't easy considering Bonemerang does a lot of damage even at 1x damage) My abra got the PokeRus and passed it without any benifits (i use the pokecenter a lot and didn't even know he had it.... what really sucks is the fact i got that but haven't seen a shiny in probably 4 or 5 full pokemon games start to finish) I got into Oreburgh City and battled my rival which was a cakewalk with bidoof. Went down to fetch the gym leader and then beat him with not too much effort. He had an Abra (lv12) (Normal/Bug), a Rhyhorn (lv12) (Normal), and a Monferno (Normal) (lv12). My Abra took out his Abra, his Rhyhorn took out my abra, zubat, starly and turtwig, my bidoof took out his rhyhorn and his monferno without taking any hits.
This challenge has been very interesting so far. I look forward to whatever is thrown at me between badge 1 and 2.
My current lineup is
Spoiler:

After making this update i will keep that lineup in my signature via the link.
See you next time.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
UPDATE:

-Grinded to the 10s, defeated Gavin (rival).
-I caught a Starly,male,lvl 4 (Dragon), Nicknamed "Stan".
-Grinded Stan to the 10s too to match my team.
-Got to Oreburgh, i found out Hulk (Bulbasaur) can not learn Rock Smash, and now i'm searching for a pokemon who can.
-Stan evolved into a Staravia and became a Dragon\Ghost type!
-I got the Coal badge after defeating Roark!
-Caught a female Psyduck (Fight), and named her "Doz".
-Just Discovered Stan can learn Rock smash so i released Doz who couldn't.
-Loki evolved into Luxio!
-Arrived at Floaroma town.
-Caught a male Pink Shellos (Electric) named "Mr.Shizzle". He has Blast Burn and Zap Cannon, and the ability "Normalize"...NORMALIZE. Normal type Blast Burn? DANG.
-Hulk evolved into Ivysaur!
-Released Mr.Shizzle....You'll be missed, but you had normalize so...yeah.

Saved here. More updates later.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Added Delta Species Generation to the main post, so now players who don't use emulators can play too!

The game kept freezing so i restarted it. Starters were Bulbasaur, NidoranMale and Magby, and i chose Bulbasaur for the nostalgia. Well Bulbasaur is Fighting type, and i think Turtwig is Fighting type too so i'm gonna be annoyed as hell this run. I called my Bulbasaur "Hulk" because he is fighting type and he's green. I caught a lvl 3 male Shinx named Loki, he is Rock\Poison type. After handing the parcel to the rival, received the poketch and saved.

Hulk,Bulbasaur,Fight:
Sky Uppercut
Wake-up Slap
Brick Break

Loki,Shinx,Rock\Poison:
Pioson Fnag
Cross Poison
You weren't supposed to randomize any Pokemon, just their typings and moves. Sorry.

despite having no gamebreaking moves = true
All that No Game Breaking moves does is prevent moves like Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, and One Hit KO moves early on, which would all break the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
This is where I'd put my update
If I hadn't randomized the Pokemon ._.
I'll try to update tomorrow evening since I'll have nothing to do but Pokemon all day!
And since school shouldn't be too busy this week I'll try to update more often

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I added a more obvious indication that Pokemon availability is not supposed to be randomized, so hopefully we won't have this problem any more.

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
So I'm just going to repost my sign-up sheet:

Name: kingofeds
Game: FireRed
Challenge Type: Evolution

Since my HD got partially wiped in a freak accident which led to a computer crash, I am going to just start fresh.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
You need to restart, sorry.

Okay restrat:

Name:KillerCroCohen
Evolution challange,single.

Now, the game freezez and crashes a lot, so maybe i'll restart my progress a third time, and start a new game.
I called myself Idan and my rival Roy.
"Hi Idan ,Roy was looking for you". "**** off". "Hi Idan, Roy was looking for you"...damn it okay.
THUD! A wild douchebag appeared! (Forgot to mention i hate Barry's guts).
I picked Turtwig, because i never really used it in its own generation. I used Piplup on my Pearl, and Chimchar in my ROM Diamond. But i never had the chance to use Turtwig in here. Well after beating Roy, i figured ouyt my turtwig is part Water, and his Chimchar must be part Ice or Grass, because Muddy water was not-so effective. Yes, Turtwig is Water type, means Chimchar could be either Ice or Grass. I called my Turtwig "Fred". My foes will be terrified when i'll unleash my Fred.
Dawn's Piplup is Dragon-type. DAMN. I caught a Bidoof (Dark) at route 202, nicknamed "Cheeks". I caught a Magikarp (Ice) on route 218 with an old rod,nicknamed "Great",he has Flash-Fire as his ability...LOL. I caught a Budew (Ice\Electric) at route 204,named "Shockroot". Upon leveling up, it was obvious my powerhouse pokemon Shockroot (with the moves Thunder Fang,Thunder Punch,Ice ball and Ice punch). RECEIVED THE COAL BADGE! Defeated glactic grunt 1 and galactic grunt 2, in Jubilife.

More updates later.

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Update #1:

Well, I've decided to do this as a video series! Something I don't normally do with Challenges, but with how infrequent I've uploaded things on my channel lately, I decided this would be a nice thing to do.

Part 1: Same Old Story (With A Twist)
Spoiler:

Part 2: Gym Battle Vs. Brock
Spoiler:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Sounds interesting and crazy random, lets try it!

Username: Zorogami
Challenge type: Evolution
Optional Rules: Random Abilities, no Wonder Guard

1st Update
- Chose Abu the Chimchar, turns out to be Fire/Ghost
- Lost 1st Rival Battle since his Piplup is a Rock Type
- Caught Bolt the Starly (Electric Type)
- Caught Frisco the Shinx (Grass Type)
- Got to Jubilife City, received Poketch
- Caught Magikarp and Bidoof, boxed them
- Beat Rival in the 2nd battle
- Got to Oreburgh City, caught a few wild Pokes

Team
Abu the Chimchar - Fire/Ghost - LV 11
Bolt the Starly - Electric - LV 11
Frisco the Shinx - Grass - LV 12

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Update!!!!!!!!!
Figured out i need more TMs, or an EXP share.....i need moves for Magikarp (he only has Avalanche i think). I arrived in Floaroma town and immediatly went for the route to catch a new pokemon. I fought Shelloses and Buizels and both were (part?) ice type. EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS ICE TYPE. GOD DAMN! I finally landed myself a nice female Pachrisu (Poison\Normal....Didn't see that one coming.) and called her "Rixa". She also has Shell armor, for people who don't know,this ability makes her not suffer crits. That is good in a challange. Well after getting locked out of the Valley Windworks, i fought the 2 grunts in Floaroma and went back with the key. I defeated the redheaded admin, and met Looker again. I hate him. Came into Eterna forest Like a baws. Met Cheryl and guided her through the forest. Fred evolved into Grotle! Caught a Buneary (Still Normal...why?) at the forest. Called her DUVZ. He has Draco meteor,secret power,explosion and another awesome move. I also caught a female Gastly (Grass\Water) while in the forest, named "Lotad2". Came out to route 205, after receiving the Soothe Bell (gonna get me some Roselia!) arrived at Eterna. Went undergound. MORE UPDATES LATER.

I feel like i'm the only one here LOL....i don't like it.
Cheeks the Bidoof evolved into Bibarel! (Dark\Bug),and learned Attack order!
I defeated the gym tariners and saved neard Gardenia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
After my arrival in Blackthorn City, I thought I would head straight for the gym, defeat the gym leader, and claim my final badge in the Johto region. Unfortunately, the moment I stepped out the door of the Pokémon Center (where I had stopped to rest for the night), I was whisked away to a new, bizarre realm, filled with books, stress, and caffeine. Suddenly, my Pokémon were gone; instead, my companions were stacks of notes on material that had nothing to do with my journey. Somehow, despite the foreign nature of my surroundings, I knew that the my successful return to Johto depended on my ability to master everything before me. For a week, I crammed every fact I could into my head, and thought of every potential application of the material I might need to use. And then, as I've heard a member of the Elite Four tells potential challengers, I put my abilities to the test.

After hours of inane questions that, from what I could tell, had nothing to do with my ability to become a Pokémon master, I found myself transported back to Johto once more, Pokémon in hand. (Yay, end of finals!) Strangely, the townspeople commented on neither my absence nor my sudden reappearance. Shaking off my confusion, I finally entered the town's gym, ready to earn my final badge. Compared with the challenges I had faced in the alternate realm, the Blackthorn Gym seemed far too easy. I swept through the place, and then, to satisfy the gym leader, traveled into the depths of the Dragon's Den.

Finally, I left Blackthorn and headed home, where Professor Elm presented me with a master ball. But now was not the time for idleness. Unwilling to delay even to say hello to my mother, I darted east across the sea, eventually reaching a land that I was informed was Kanto.

I made my way northward towards the Indigo Plateau, home of the Elite Four and their so-called Champion. But the Champion would not retain his title for long. Soon, I would seize his rank from him, and reign supreme over all trainers in Johto and Kanto alike. Or so I thought.

The team:

Ursaring L36 - Fighting/Psychic
-Waterfall
-Fire Punch
-Low Kick
-Seismic Toss

Feraligatr L42 - Fighting/Water
-Headbutt
-Surf
-Vital Throw
-Guillotine

Noctowl L32 - Dragon
-Waterfall
-Twister
-Ice Punch
-Heal Bell

Nidorino L17 - Bug/Fighting
-Megahorn
-Steel Wing
-Whirlpool
-Strength

Gyarados L39 - Electric
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Heal Bell
-Cross Chop

Growlithe L31 - Rock/Flying
-Ancientpower
-Rock Slide
-Razor Leaf
-Fly

Togetic got bumped off the team at some point. As great as it was earlier in the playthrough, it just wasn't pulling its weight anymore as I approached the Elite Four.

Update: I plowed through the Elite Four. It was tough, but my Pokémon were up to the challenge. Unfortunately, becoming Champion apparently doesn't make me the best trainer in Kanto as well as Johto; I have to beat Kanto's gym leaders as well. Why a Champion needs to challenge measly gym leaders is beyond me, but if that's what it takes to reach my goal, then go to Kanto I shall.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Ah, I remember creating this challenge. Well, not quite, you made some much-needed adjustments to it (random stats were a stupid idea, I bossed an Emerald playthrough with a Dragon-Ghost Alakazam with Outrage and a ridiculous SpAtk stat with little trouble), but I'm glad someone reposted it. You even used my Bellossom and Kingdra examples :D. I had been off the forums for a while because of school but I thought I might stop by. I'm happy that I left something behind despite little activity in the forums. Might start doing some challenges again on my phone emulator.

EDIT: Whoops, just looked at the date! Sorry...

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
After defeating the Elite Four, I returned home to New Bark Town. However, my visit was short-lived; Professor Elm summoned me to his laboratory the moment I set foot outside my house. He thrust a boat ticket into my hands, and off I went to Olivine to catch the next ship to Kanto.

I expected a pleasant cruise, a vacation of sorts to recuperate after my difficult Johto journey. Unfortunately, my voyage was marred by problems. Not only did I have to spend my days running around the ship after a lost but perfectly happy girl, but I also managed to get stranded inexplicably at sea for two months!

But alas, after a seemingly endless trip, my vessel finally docked in Vermillion. From there, I dashed for the local gym, eager to make up for lost time. Fortunately, my skills hadn't deteriorated too much on the boat, so I plowed through the leader's underlings and took out the gym leader in record time.

Exhausted, I decided to stop for the day and lay out a plan for conquering Kanto. One badge down, seven to go. Before long, victory over this new land would be within my grasp!

The team:

Ursaring L42 - Fighting/Psychic
-Waterfall
-Fire Punch
-Low Kick
-Seismic Toss

Feraligatr L46 - Fighting/Water
-Headbutt
-Surf
-Vital Throw
-Guillotine

Noctowl L39 - Dragon
-Waterfall
-Twister
-Ice Punch
-Hidden Power

Nidorino L17 - Bug/Fighting
-Megahorn
-Steel Wing
-Whirlpool
-Strength

Gyarados L41 - Electric
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Heal Bell
-Cross Chop

Growlithe L35 - Rock/Flying
-Ancientpower
-Drill Peck
-Razor Leaf
-Fly

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Sadly, after hours of gameplay my save state has become corrupted :(
I will have to retire from this challenge for now, but i will make a comeback!!

Back