Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old December 21st, 2013 (11:35 PM).
Plumpyfoof's Avatar
Plumpyfoof Plumpyfoof is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Sassy
    Posts: 916
    About breeding genderless Pokemon.
    Can you pass down the Hidden Ability to a genderless Pokemon using a ditto, if that Pokemon has its Hidden Ability?

    Also if two different species of the same egg group are bred, and the male has the hidden ability, can the offspring have its hidden ability also even though it is the same species as the female?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old December 23rd, 2013 (11:05 AM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Absol.
    Absol Absol is offline
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Posts: 1,816
    I'm not sure on your first question since I haven't done it myself yet. For your second question, Hidden Abilities from males will pass on although it's about a 20% chance as compared to a female that passes on its ability about 80% of the time, but only when bred with a female of same species I believe.
    Reply With Quote
      #28    
    Old December 23rd, 2013 (12:04 PM).
    Sagakkan's Avatar
    Sagakkan Sagakkan is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2013
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 64
      Hi, another question......

      if Hidden Abilities can pass from both the male and female parents, if the male is a different pokemon but has the ability that is the hidden ability of the mother, is there a chance the offspring will have the hidden ability of the father, even though it was a different pokemon?

      For example if I have a male storm drain Gastrodon and a female Cradily, is there a chance the baby Cradily will have Storm Drain from its father?
      __________________
      FC: 5429 - 8134 - 3330

      Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Lapras
      Reply With Quote
        #29    
      Old December 30th, 2013 (4:33 PM).
      Sagakkan's Avatar
      Sagakkan Sagakkan is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2013
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 64
        I have two questions (even though my previous one was never answered).....how can you breed Braviary when all Rufflets are male? And secondly.......if I have a hidden ability Rufflet (Hustle), will it get Defiant (Braviary's Hidden ability) when it evolves? If not, is there any way to tell if it will possess the hidden ability when it evolves?
        __________________
        FC: 5429 - 8134 - 3330

        Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Lapras
        Reply With Quote
          #30    
        Old December 30th, 2013 (4:38 PM).
        Azire's Avatar
        Azire Azire is offline
        Mr. Premier Ball
           
          Join Date: Nov 2012
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 763
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sagakkan View Post
          I have two questions (even though my previous one was never answered).....how can you breed Braviary when all Rufflets are male? And secondly.......if I have a hidden ability Rufflet (Hustle), will it get Defiant (Braviary's Hidden ability) when it evolves? If not, is there any way to tell if it will possess the hidden ability when it evolves?
          You can breed Male only and Genderless Pokemon with Ditto.

          Yes a Pokemon keeps their Hidden Ability upon evolution. Whatever the Ability is for the evolved will be what it will have.
          __________________
          Azire's Premier Pokémon
          Please Leave A Review If We Trade
          Trader Review Thread
          Reply With Quote
            #31    
          Old December 30th, 2013 (4:45 PM).
          Sagakkan's Avatar
          Sagakkan Sagakkan is offline
             
            Join Date: Oct 2013
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 64
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
            You can breed Male only and Genderless Pokemon with Ditto.

            Yes a Pokemon keeps their Hidden Ability upon evolution. Whatever the Ability is for the evolved will be what it will have.
            Thanks......along these lines, if I breed a male Braviary with Defiant with Ditto........are the chances of passing on the hidden ability as high as it is conventionally where the mother has the Hidden Ability?
            __________________
            FC: 5429 - 8134 - 3330

            Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Lapras
            Reply With Quote
              #32    
            Old December 30th, 2013 (4:46 PM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Azire.
            Azire's Avatar
            Azire Azire is offline
            Mr. Premier Ball
               
              Join Date: Nov 2012
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 763
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sagakkan View Post
              Hi, another question......

              if Hidden Abilities can pass from both the male and female parents, if the male is a different pokemon but has the ability that is the hidden ability of the mother, is there a chance the offspring will have the hidden ability of the father, even though it was a different pokemon?

              For example if I have a male storm drain Gastrodon and a female Cradily, is there a chance the baby Cradily will have Storm Drain from its father?
              No it will not pass. Both Pokemon have to be the same species to pass a Hidden Ability from the Male when the female doesn't have it.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sagakkan View Post
              Thanks......along these lines, if I breed a male Braviary with Defiant with Ditto........are the chances of passing on the hidden ability as high as it is conventionally where the mother has the Hidden Ability?
              Not as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the % chance to pass a Hidden Ability doesn't change regardless of whether it's same species or Ditto.
              __________________
              Azire's Premier Pokémon
              Please Leave A Review If We Trade
              Trader Review Thread
              Reply With Quote
                #33    
              Old December 30th, 2013 (5:06 PM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Sagakkan.
              Sagakkan's Avatar
              Sagakkan Sagakkan is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2013
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 64
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
                No it will not pass. Both Pokemon have to be the same species to pass a Hidden Ability from the Male when the female doesn't have it.



                Not as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the % chance to pass a Hidden Ability doesn't change regardless of whether it's same species or Ditto.
                Ah, thanks for the clarification. So the % chance of Braviary passing on Defiant to its offspring is the same of any male passing on its Hidden Ability. Edit: I realize the "what % do males have of passing on HA" question was answered earlier in this thread - my bad.
                __________________
                FC: 5429 - 8134 - 3330

                Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Lapras
                Reply With Quote
                  #34    
                Old December 30th, 2013 (5:27 PM).
                Absol Absol is offline
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2012
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sagakkan View Post
                Thanks......along these lines, if I breed a male Braviary with Defiant with Ditto........are the chances of passing on the hidden ability as high as it is conventionally where the mother has the Hidden Ability?
                The chances are lower than when breeding with a female with the HA. The odds are about 80% for females 20% for males.
                Reply With Quote
                  #35    
                Old January 9th, 2014 (12:43 AM).
                bhavik147 bhavik147 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2010
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 49
                  Hi guys

                  just doing iv breeding for the first time, just stuck on what to do next, ive been using dittos from friend safari to make it easier

                  here is the scenario

                  ditto 1 = defense and speed
                  ditto 2 = attack and speed
                  ditto 3 = hp and special attack
                  ditto 4 = special attack and speed
                  ditto 5 = special attack, special def and speed

                  im trying to get a gible with all perfect natures, so far ive managed to hatch a gible who has maxed out attack, defense, special attack and speed.

                  i know its not necessary to pass all 6 ivs to gible, but id still love to get a perfect one! how do i go about from here to pass the hp and special def on? do i need another ditto which has hp and special defense?

                  thanks
                  __________________
                  friend code : 3797-6463-8251
                  Reply With Quote
                    #36    
                  Old January 9th, 2014 (6:16 AM).
                  Griffinbane's Avatar
                  Griffinbane Griffinbane is offline
                  I hate Smeargle.
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                  Location: Pennsylvania, US
                  Age: 29
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Lax
                  Posts: 1,326
                  Breed a Gible of opposite gender to the one you have with HP and Special Defense. If you can get one that carries 4 or 5 IVs, all the better. Then breed them together.
                  __________________
                  Terriermon and Lopmon

                  White: 1463 5558 5309
                  X: 2208 5685 5454
                  - - - -
                  Reply With Quote
                    #37    
                  Old April 10th, 2014 (8:21 AM).
                  rodriigm rodriigm is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2012
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 13
                    An amazing post!

                    How can I breed a 6IV? I have just one pokemon 6IV to breed, can I try with a male 6IV and females 5IV?
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #38    
                    Old April 10th, 2014 (10:06 AM).
                    Necrum's Avatar
                    Necrum Necrum is offline
                    I AM THE REAL SONIC
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                    Location: Portland, OR
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 5,207
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rodriigm View Post
                    An amazing post!

                    How can I breed a 6IV? I have just one pokemon 6IV to breed, can I try with a male 6IV and females 5IV?
                    You can. You just have to get lucky on the one stat that doesn't get passed, assuming that 5 31s pass. It's pretty much a 1/32 chance of getting a 6 IV if you pass the 5. 1/32 because 31 is max and you count 0.
                    Reply With Quote
                    Reply

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 AM.