• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I didn't get a Christmas shiny, but on boxing day I was at my grandparent's house and I wanted to hunt but I didn't want to get my target that I've filmed every one of the 7000 encounters for, when I couldn't get it live. So I chose a throwaway target, a Gabite and Dragonair friend safari, and in 356 REs I got this little guy:

tumblr_myh698nDJC1t2p659o1_500.jpg

Obviously I'm not overly excited. Still an absolutely amazing shiny, I'm actually working on my new shiny plush which is a dragonite. But friend safari shinies... *Shivers*.

Anyway, back to live-hunting route 10! I'm at, like I said, just over 7000 for it ^^

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies.
No new shinies for me but I am MMing for a Shiny Cottonee at the moment it's been at least 3000 eggs since my last MM shiny.

@Paulthagerous - Ah not what I was hoping to hear. I'm pretty sure I knocked out a shiny Wingull then. I was hoping it zeroed in on a shiny in a horde encounter. Oh well thanks for the reply.

Good luck everyone.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Im looking for Froakie shiny and if any one has one i have all the starters from every game if your want one ill trade and im looking to join club i have agaslash shiny he looks cool but ya

friend code is 4227-2427-2415 i have normal friend safaire and got a Eevee add me/ email me if you have a froakie shiny please [email protected]

Years
Congrats on all the new shinies.
No new shinies for me but I am MMing for a Shiny Cottonee at the moment it's been at least 3000 eggs since my last MM shiny.

@Paulthagerous - Ah not what I was hoping to hear. I'm pretty sure I knocked out a shiny Wingull then. I was hoping it zeroed in on a shiny in a horde encounter. Oh well thanks for the reply.

Good luck everyone.

If you look in the pokedex at wingull, in the forms section there will show up a shiny wingull if you knocked one out. Hopefully you didn't!

I managed to nab a Treecko from wonder trade. If I get anything anytime soon I will move on to MM for another shiny treecko.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
11111 Eevee
175 Snorunt

"lol" so I finally dropped my DS with Ruby in it and the game froze after 628 Mt. Pyre encounters. I knew this was going to happen at some point, so I'm glad that I got the three shinies I did while I could. I might try again over the summer, but I'm going to have to leave it running for six and a half days before starting to hunt, haha. I might go for Sableye over the summer at some point too, as I only need to wait 10 hours to start hunting in Emerald.

Spoiler:

Congrats!

Today I lost my first X/Y shiny.
I was trying to teach somebody how to trade on HG while SRing for a Tyrunt with a good nature. I didn't notice until it was too late that it was blue. ]:
Now I am going to refuse to proceed through the game until I find another one. Hopefully it won't take excessively long.

Gah, that's terrible! :( May you reclaim your lost Tyrunt soon.

I was hoping into a Sylveon as shiny Sylveon takes my breath away. Or Flareon, my top two Eeveelutions. I'm 400 eggs in and got myself an Eevee Safari and still no luck so far. I was hoping to get a Christmas shiny like everyone else. Oh well, congrats to those who did get shinies! :)

Wow, Sylveon really does look amazing! I just looked up what its shiny form looks like after reading your post, and it's really awesome! My favorite's probably shiny Umbreon, although it might be Sylveon now, haha. Good luck on your hunt!

Im looking for Froakie shiny and if any one has one i have all the starters from every game if your want one ill trade and im looking to join club i have agaslash shiny he looks cool but ya

Welcome to the club! Are you hunting any shinies on your games?

Wow seems cool~ ^^ I'd love to join...if it's possible? Please PM.

Yup, you can join! Just let us know what shinies you're hunting and if you already have any!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Hey guys, im wanting to join the club! c:

My current shinies are loudred and lampent.
I am hunting a shiny Golurk, also my shinies are up for trade if you guys happen to have one that i am wanting c:

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
I have been wanting to join this club for some time now, but I wasn't really hunting much at the time. However, since X&Y came out I have been becoming more and more interested in shinies. Now that I've finished the game, I have finally started hunting: I am currently using the Masuda Method to try and get a shiny Honedge. Anyway I decided to join this club, so here's my list of obtained shinies with descriptions of how I got them :p (not including event shinies like Gyarados and the legendary beasts):

- Fearow: I encountered my first treasure as a Spearow on accident on Treasure Beach in my FireRed.
- Spearow: Also found on accident in FireRed a lot later after I had reset it. I believe I found it on Route 6.
- Pelipper: In Pokémon Pearl, my first and only shiny that I actually tried to get. I was chaining somewhere on route 22 for the first time for no pokémon in particular, just a shiny, when I found a green Pelipper, after a chain of 42 or so.
- Abra: I found this guy while I was catching weak pokémon on Pokémon Pearl to trade with be able to transfer my good ones over from HeartGold so I could reset the game.

I'm pretty sure that's all the shinies I've caught (not counting the event ones). I may have left one or two out, because that's just who I am, but I think this is it. Furthermore I'd like to see that this is a really awesome club and I hope to be back tomorrow or at least before this year ends with a picture of my awesome red Honedge. :)

One more thing, I noticed that more and more people are reporting shinies found in Friend Safari. Is there a new tactic that boosts the chance of finding shinies which involves the Friend Safari? If so, can someone please explain what it is and how it works?

Last edited:
Years
One more thing, I noticed that more and more people are reporting shinies found in Friend Safari. Is there a new tactic that boosts the chance of finding shinies which involves the Friend Safari? If so, can someone please explain what it is and how it works?

Hello, and welcome to the club! ^^

Nah, there isn't a tactic per say. It's just that, unconfirmed but pretty much definite in my opinion, the odds of a shiny in the friend safari are a lot higher than elsewhere in X and Y (elsewhere the odds have been heightened to 1/4096 instead of 1/8192). I do say this with experience as most people get there shinies within 1000 encounters, and hunts going over 2000 in the friend safari seem few and far between.
(Really all you need to do is watch this video for proof XD)

So yeah - we aren't sure what the odds are though, and of course it all could just be bogus!

Education with TSE!xD

Also:
Coming up for 8500 encounters in Route 10! Hopefully this will stick out with the title of my "Longest hunt in X/Y" for a while lol. After that I plan to Masuda hatch another shiny Treecko, and then do another Johto starter hunt!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years

Nah, there isn't a tactic per say. It's just that, unconfirmed but pretty much definite in my opinion, the odds of a shiny in the friend safari are a lot higher than elsewhere in X and Y (elsewhere the odds have been heightened to 1/4096 instead of 1/8192). I do say this with experience as most people get there shinies within 1000 encounters, and hunts going over 2000 in the friend safari seem few and far between.

So yeah - we aren't sure what the odds are though, and of course it all could just be bogus!

Education with TSE!xD

Also:
Coming up for 8500 encounters in Route 10! Hopefully this will stick out with the title of my "Longest hunt in X/Y" for a while lol. After that I plan to Masuda hatch another shiny Treecko, and then do another Johto starter hunt!

I watched that guy live stream that live. It clearly has higher odds in FS than anywhere else and the fact that the whole of X and Y have higher odds is annoying as a whole.

We should have set a team up to hunt but my Black 2 would be useless as I have the shiny charm. But I would love to participate in it. Maybe we could join now as I really want to hunt my Shiny starters in HG/SS

Years
I watched that guy live stream that live. It clearly has higher odds in FS than anywhere else and the fact that the whole of X and Y have higher odds is annoying as a whole.

We should have set a team up to hunt but my Black 2 would be useless as I have the shiny charm. But I would love to participate in it. Maybe we could join now as I really want to hunt my Shiny starters in HG/SS

Hmm?
You mean join the WSHC?
I am actually in that haha!
Spoiler:

And a question for anyone else who feels like answering...

Are you entering the Winter Shiny Hunter's Cup?

Also back on topic: 8500 encounters! All filmed live! Woo...!

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years

Welcome :)

As said before the encounter rate for shinies is much higher. I have found 7 in there myself. Given the standard odds are all multiples of 2 (8192, 4096), and based on my experience and other things I have read, the rate is quite possibly 1/512. This would mean that I have seen roughly 3584 pokemon which, although I don't keep perfect track, is pretty close to the amount I have seen.

So no tricks to find them, no confirmed new rate but they are a LOT more common.

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years

Education with TSE!xD

Also:
Welcome

As said before the encounter rate for shinies is much higher. I have found 7 in there myself. Given the standard odds are all multiples of 2 (8192, 4096), and based on my experience and other things I have read, the rate is quite possibly 1/512. This would mean that I have seen roughly 3584 pokemon which, although I don't keep perfect track, is pretty close to the amount I have seen.

So no tricks to find them, no confirmed new rate but they are a LOT more common.

Thanks! I'd better be going to the FS to try and get some shinies there then. Also, does chaining work in the FS?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
No chaining in the FS, but the rate is so high you don't really need it, I am lucky enough to have 2 3ds to hunt with alone with my 3 normal DS that I hunt. When I am in the mood I hunt pretty crazily :P

Years
No chaining in the FS, but the rate is so high you don't really need it, I am lucky enough to have 2 3ds to hunt with alone with my 3 normal DS that I hunt. When I am in the mood I hunt pretty crazily :P

Lol tell me about it. I used to run 4 DS' and a GBA SP at once. Since I only have one 3ds I've been very into the single hunting mind set, and with the lower odds and the added bonus of pretty nice quality videos at the end of it, I'm staying in that groove for a while.
Until I do another Johto starter. All hell will break loose. :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blaki'

I wonder what's for dinner :3
Years
I promised a while ago to show you pictures of my shiny Sylveon :3
Here it is :
Spoiler:

I'm still hunting in Friend Safari, doing 25 encounters in each of my safaris, 800 encounters since my Eevee in Friend Safari. Congratulations to all the shinies, and good luck everybody ^^

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Sorry for my absence, I lost my internet earlier in the month and just got it back. I come bearing shiny news!!!

On the 19th I caught a shiny Dwebble while smashing rocks on Route 8 on X. It was only the second Pokémon I encountered while smashing rocks, and the first Dwebble. It didn't look like a shiny since it's only a darker shade of it's regular colors, but I was pretty sure I saw a shiny effect at the start of the battle, so I decided to catch it just in case. Its nature is Sassy, which is not good. Just three days later I caught yet another shiny on Route 8, a shiny Zangoose. Its nature is Quirky. It's a very cool looking shiny, and one that I hunted for in the past. I couldn't believe my luck encountering two in the same month. Route 8 is a very lucky route for me. They were two great early birthday presents for me (birthday was on the 24th). My drought ended with a bang. The last one was Eevee in January of 2012.

Here are the pics:

Spoiler:

Welcome to all the new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is… Sewaddle!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Congrats on all new shinies and welcome to all new members.

Welcome back Latios Master, it's good that you have your internet running again.

Almost new year in my country.

Cya later and happy hunting.

Edit:
Happy new year everyone!!!!

Last edited:
Back