• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Interesting situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Please bear with me, as I am new to these forums, and have come under an interesting situation. My name is Woodrow, and I live in Tennessee, about 20 minutes from Lenoir City. I recently procured a copy of Pokemon White 2 from the GameStop in that location. Just this morning, after completing as much of the first game as I could, I decided to pop in W2 and see what it's like. To my surprise (though I guess it's not all that uncommon), I found an old save file that was not wiped before being sold. I almost deleted the data right there on the spot, but my curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to check it out.

The player character was a female named Elle, and she had acquired five badges, and was well on her way through the story. Her team was comprised of a Riolu, nicknamed Capt. Jack, a Dewott, nicknamed The Doctor, a Growlithe, nicknamed Rose Tyler, a Zorua (no nickname, a Tranquill, nicknamed Rory, and a Flaaffy nicknamed Donna.

I realize that, in the grand scheme of things, this is below trivial. Not even a blip on most peoples' radars. However, even after taking into account that the original owner walked merrily into a GameStop and sold the cartridge on the spot, I could not bring myself to delete this save file. All the Pokemon she had caught, all the badges that she earned, they're a testament to how hard the original owner worked to get as far as she did before she either a) got bored or b) had to sell it. As a nerd, I know what it's like to work so hard and get so far, only to have the chance to go further taken away from me.

With this information, I took it upon myself to get on my Pokemon White game and capture several fodder Pokemon. I then traded over every Pokemon the original owner had nicknamed and/or made some progress with. Now, against my better judgement (and believe me, I usually have GREAT judgement), I am scouring the internet for any sign of this original owner, bearing in mind that they most likely have never seen this website.

Elle, or whoever you are, if you're out there, I have your Pokemon, and they are safe inside a custom PC box in my game. If you wish to retrieve them, please send me a PM and we can arrange for their return. Also, I still have not yet deleted the original save file, in case there are other Pokemon you want back. However, if I do not get a response from you by Saturday, January 4th, at 4:00 PM EDT., I will delete the data. I respect progress, but I do still want to play White 2 at some point.

Regards,
BinaryAbyss

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
While its is a refreshing sight to behold an act such as this, I am not really sure this will reach out to the young one you have received the game from second hand. Keep in mind that just because the character is female and named after a female, that character may just be a character. The owner can be male as well. They are an obvious Doctor Who fan I can tell you that much from the names presented.

With this said I almost feel horrible doing this, but as it does not really meet with the criteria to remain open I must close this thread. They gave up the copy of their own violation and you are a saint for going out of your way to keep and preserve their Pokemon for them as well as to have not deleted the save file, but they have given up on their game, hence the sale to a Gamestop.

It could also be that they had multiple games and decided to get rid of that one. While what you are doing is a refreshing view of the human race's compassion, I at least urge you not to delve too far into it. You are the new owner of the game and should do with it as it was meant to be, and play it from the beginning so that you can create new memories.

With this said I will go ahead and close this. If you wish, you may contact me through PM, though I fear you shall not find the person you are looking for despite your good intentions. For the sake of the game at least, it has passed into your hands, you were meant to own it for however long you keep it and should be played by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back