• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Eccentric Emerald

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.

Hmmm, that's disappointing. I tried to change it to be more like the newer Surf where it hit all opponents on the field, but apparently that only really works for Earthquake. Will fix quickly.

Years
Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.

Last edited:
Years
Oh, I meant like a collab, it's just a suggestion though. And I've already done that but it's with another patch.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.

Wolfie has it down. I don't know if I'd want to do something of that nature just yet, especially considering the fact that I made this version as a foil to his Expert Emerald almost. I didn't quite agree with some of his changes in his then beta 1.2 patch, that's how I felt compelled to make my own iteration. That said, if you wanna attempt to mix my patch with his or see if Suicune would want to allow a mix of our patches, that's on you. I don't see a problem with using my work (other than the errors that keep sneaking in), as long as I'm credited and those whom I've taken work or tools from are credited as well.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Alright then! Just a quick pop-in before Halloween to say Hi, and to drop a small patch!
This update includes small changes, such as the addition of Outrage to Flygon's movepool, 2 bonus battles after the Elite Four with special trainers, and Air Cutter getting a power boost.

Hopefully, the next patch will contain access to the various Tickets (Eon, Mystic, Aurora, Old Map) somewhere post Elite Four as well. Enjoy for now!

UnderKingSerenade

Hex Maniac
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion

Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?

UnderKingSerenade

Hex Maniac
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue

I see. Welp, I suppose I'll have to spend some time trying to clean that up. Thanks for the heads up.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
What's up everyone? Let's kick off the New Year with an awesome new patch! This one should finally be stable and free of various corruptions. In addition, it brings forth the new changes to Trainers, Movepools, Item hand outs, and Routes.

As always, patch a clean ROM, and make sure the save matches the ROM name. Enjoy!

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Wow. Cheers bud. I'm lovin' this. I love Pokemon Emerald and what you did is marvelous. (especially putting up the PSS) however, I would lovingly suggest a pokemon sprites overhaul. That would be amazing. :)

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Wow. Cheers bud. I'm lovin' this. I love Pokemon Emerald and what you did is marvelous. (especially putting up the PSS) however, I would lovingly suggest a pokemon sprites overhaul. That would be amazing. :)

Ah, I'm considering a sprite overhaul, but I'm afraid of mussing it all up. I'll take a look into it once I've made the Event Tickets and missing Pokemon available. Thanks for the suggestion!

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Ah, I'm considering a sprite overhaul, but I'm afraid of mussing it all up. I'll take a look into it once I've made the Event Tickets and missing Pokemon available. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ah yes! Please do take your time with the improvements. You're doing pretty good.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
This is probably my favourite Emerald hack so far. Please, don't change the sprites. Emerald is meant to look like emerald. The one thing that ruins the atmosphere of hoenn the most is sprite and tile changes :/
(Also just found the chrome ore, assuming it's for steelix and/ore Scizor?)

Last edited:

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
This is probably my favourite Emerald hack so far. Please, don't change the sprites. Emerald is meant to look like emerald. The one thing that ruins the atmosphere of hoenn the most is sprite and tile changes :/
(Also just found the chrome ore, assuming it's for steelix and/ore Scizor?)

Nothing's set in stone yet, don't worry. As for the Chrome Ore, yes, that's the new equivalent to trading while holding a Metal Coat. It'll take care of Scyther and Onix for ya.

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Thank you for this hack. I'm in the middle of going through and playing/catching them all in every generation on my ds. I played through Pokémon Red Proud Eyes and Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition. Now I'm on to Emerald. I really have been trying to avoid hacks that change a lot of the game and I think yours accomplishes this better than Expert Emerald, but I haven't played either very much. The only draw back so far is that you don't have every Pokémon catchable yet. Thank you again and please keep up the good work.

If anyone has suggestions for later generation games for me to play I would love that too. I really just want the official game's experience with every pokemon catchable.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Just noticed this, but Kadabra does NOT evolve from happiness. Mine is currently at max happiness and isn't budging, I even tried to test with rare candies up to level 100 and nothing.

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Emerald's default sprites sucks imo. The hack could use a new set of sprites to be honest - preferably 4th gen ones, as the features of eccentric emerald is superior than other '386' emerald hacks.

Cruztown, what's the progress of the hack? (your latest improvements on the hack I mean)

Last edited:
Back