• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

• Total voters

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
In 2007, Diamond and Pearl were released onto the Nintendo DS, and in 2009 a third version, Platinum, followed.

Which of the three games do you think is the best? Why? Feel free to elaborate :D

Years
Even though Diamond had my fave version mascot of the three, I'm giving this one to Platinum mainly because it has way more features and there's more Pokemon available to catch before post-game. And the updated story was more interesting to follow.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Platinum is a definitive win for me, because of many features, including better story and Distortion World which is amazing in its own right.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Platinum, cause it was essentially an improvement of the other two. Way more features post-game as well, iirc. If only I hadn't broken my DS :O

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
Hard to choose. I enjoyed a long time with Platinum, but i'll say Diamond. This is the Pokémon version i grewn up with and still has the neccesary fun for me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 15, 2014
I don't think there is too much of a decision. Platinum is superior in 10 out of 10 ways, in-game mechanics, selection of Pokémon, amount of training, etc. Perhaps if it was B/W vs D/P/PT there would be more to discuss, but here there is not.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, I WOULD choose Platinum, but ah... I've... Never been able to play it. So, I choose Diamond which has my favorite version mascot anyhow so the choice has some backing.

Years
I accidentally voted for Diamond.
People really choose Platinum don't they?
The 4th Gen originals were not satisfying enough so Platinum wins of course.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Platinum, as it's got improved graphics, enhanced storyline, access to more locations, and things like that. Out of all three games though, my first was Pokémon Diamond.

Years
Platinum because yay, cooler battle menus and Giratina had a role. The storyline was also a hefty bit better and I was glad to see Cyrus as involved as he was.

Years
What kind of question is this? Platinum, of course.

Every reason I have has already been mentioned - no more stupid slowdown, more Pokémon to use in the story, more entertaining battles, Battle Frontier, and vice versa.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I voted Platinum for the obvious reasons.

Platinum had an extended post-game, improved features (surfing speed being a major one!) and a larger variety of Pokemon to catch and train. Not to mention, revamped sprites and Elite Four rooms!

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
Why would you even ask this? Its sooo obvious! Platinum. It has everything from both games plus additional content.

Years
I'm going to have to add a +1 to Platinum here, even if I wasn't a fan of the Sinnoh games in general. Added things like the extended postgame and the inclusion of the Battle Frontier at least gave me something to do post-E4, and the Distortion World's still one of my favorite places in any Pokemon game to date.

Back