• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of pet do you wish to own?

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Have you ever wanted a pet, or a certain type of pet? If you have one, what are your thoughts on it? How easy is it to care for? Would you recommend them to others? What do you think one of the easiest pets to raise is?

For me, I've always wanted some sort of lizard. I've always been a fan of reptiles, and if I had the extra money for it and the equipment I would need for it, I'd like to get a Green Anole. I used to want an Iguana, but I feel like the smaller breeds may be what is more preferable.

I've had a cat in my house, as well as some fish here recently. The cat I feel isn't a bad pet to have, although they aren't the kind to want to be held unless you get them early, and you definately want to be ready for what they'll need to live. The fish... other than one that seems to want to jump out of it's tank, you could barely notice they are there. For people who I want fish, I think getting an algae-eater fish with it will save some extra work of cleaning the tank, though depending on the size of it, may not be so bad.

I also used to have a turtle, though, means when I found him he was still in the wild, I think he had trouble adjusting to captivity. If I remember right, his breed was a Red-Cheeked Slider, but it's been a few years.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I have 2 dogs when I was a kid, I forgot its kind. But they're the ones I talk to when I have no one. They're trained a little I guess, so it's fun. However, I think someone took it and adopt my old dogs, they're kinda been sold by my grandfather.. And that sucks.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Currently, I have four dogs. They're all small dogs, so it's not much of a hassle.

I had many pets in the past, though. My most recent pet that died was a dog, who got lost early 2013. She hasn't come back since then (she always returns home), so we presumed she was dead, I guess.

I've had two dogs before her, and they died.

I also had a bunch of birds and three rabbits once. We sent them to our grandmother's for some reason.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Years
I once had a stick insect.
His name was Karlchen, became 3 years old (which is pretty long for stick-insect-years), and all he needed were the occasional flies and bugs and whatnot that appeared in my room.
I let him wander around my room freely, thus sometimes I got frightened as hell when he was walking over me when I was in bed etc.
He died last year because he just got old :/

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I had 2 dogs, very sweet animals, both passed due to cancer. I also had a cat, she lived to be almost 20 years old so she lived a real good life, died of kidney failure. She really loved me and snuggled with me all the time, but she was a real curmudgeon. I have pictures of my cat and one of my dogs; the other died when I was 13 so we don't have any pictures online of her.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Right now I have a betta and 2 african dwarf frogs. Such weird little animals. When I live on my own I want a dove, they're very affectionate I have heard.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I have a cat. His name is Buddy. Hes an orange-tabby, and is insanely stupid, vicious, and lovable, all at the same time. He will attack your calf for no reason, and will almost drink your blood like a vampire when he scratches you enough to bleed. If someones at the door that he doesn't know or like, he takes on the role of a guard dog. Sometimes, when he really wants out and our big front door is open, but the glass one isn't, he'll run right into the glass door, other times, he'll jump up at the handle and try to pull it down.
Worst of all, he's one of the fastest and biggest cats I've ever seen. One time, we were leaving the house, and we were going about 20mph out of the neighbour hood, and he was sprinting right beside the car O.O He stopped when we got to the top of the hill, but he was running at 20 mph. If you pick him up and hold him so that he's stretched as far as he can, he's longer than my dad's arm-span. All in all, we a have monster-guard-mental-psycho-devil-cheetah-lion. Not a cat.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I have 6 dogs in total. They are all Yorkies.

I have 2 at my mom's that are like 7 and 6. These are the really good ones that don't give any hassle. And, I have 4 at my dad's. One is older and he isn't much of a hassle. The other one is still pretty young at around 3 and she barks a lot and is just generally an annoying dog. Then, I have 2 puppies. I like one more than the other, but most the time I just wanna kick them to the moon.

I'll be moving out for college this coming up Summer regardless, however, when I'm older, I plan on owning a Golden Retriever and raising it from a puppy. I've always loved those dogs and felt like if raised properly, they can be a hell of a dog.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
i have a dog now and i can't decide his name although. can you choose between these - Oggy, tommy, Polly,

We had 2 dogs long ago one named dogie another was wolly. Wolly was wild but dogie was with us from childhood so dogie was brave and intellegent but Wolly was kinda coward type and he started to being with us only for his benifits and cause we fulfil his whishes. he left us now and dogie died in an accident. Now we have another dog he is maybe 3 or 2 weeks old he is living with us now. But i hade a confusion with his name choose. Any suggesting between oogy,polly,tommy ?

Sorry for spelling mistake i am in mobile thats why :p

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
I have a rabbit, cat and a dog. I wouldn't get a dog as you have to walk them multiple times a day. You have to clean rabbits out and I hate doing that. I also feel sorry for my rabbit. I'd get a cat, they're pretty easy to look after.

Years
I'd like any kind of reptile I don't have to feed live animals to.

I think of myself as a fish person, but mine always scurried away when they poked their faces out of the water and saw me, and that makes me sad.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have an albino ferret with me, and she is bundles of fun, and always brings joy and happiness to my life. I call the ferret Kojofu (yeah, Mienfoo's Japanese name) don't know why but just love how it sounds like. My mom has 4 cats and 2 finches. My little sister has two dogs (don't know what breed they are), my grandma has 3 parakeets.

Every day for 4 to 8 hours I take my ferret out of her cage and play with her.

Two images:
She is staring out of the cage, always curious to know whats going on, I have the cage left of my laptop, when she is awake, I can pet her and make sure she has both food & water, easiest for me to add more before she runs out.
Spoiler:

The ferret is so darn playful, she can't stand still for a few seconds long enough to take a photo, me and the ferret.
Spoiler:

Have you ever wanted a pet, or a certain type of pet?
aside from my ferret, which are animals I love, I would love to have a Chinchilla

If you have one, what are your thoughts on it?
Bundles of joy and bring happiness to my life (I forgot, Pokemon does the same)

How easy is it to care for?
Most of the time it is, playing with her, giving her food and water. To be honest, the worst part is at least once every 3 weeks - cleaning the cage out, won't get into the gross details, but I"m sure you can tell what they are. Giving her a shower can also be a tedious task.

Would you recommend them to others?
Of course I would, ferret is so much fun to play with

What do you think one of the easiest pets to raise is?
I don't think there is an easy pet to raise, they all require lots of attention and keeping their living environment sanitized, they can't do it themselves.

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
Years
I had a cat that acts like a Dog but it died because it followed my cousin and was bitten by a dog :(

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I always wanted to have hamsters or rabbits at home but we have cats so my mom never let me have one. We had a pet turtle before, a terrapin actually. I don't know how it died. One of our cats died due to a car accident. It's really sad because that cat is very sweet. We also had fishes, but a bunch of them are dead now. We also had a dog but it was given away. I miss them all :c

Years
I have a gray tabby kitty who is about 3.5 years old. He's mostly an outdoor pet though but still comes home a lot and lays around the house all day at times, hehe. I love him! He's a very good cat.

Though lately I've been considering owning a ferret or bunny.. but sadly the former is illegal here in NYC. >.< cries

Yukari

I have a Black and White bi color cat. He's almost solid black though. he can be a real pain though, but I lave my cat :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
In first grade I got a goldfish at my parish's picnic , but it didn't last too long. It died the morning after we got it. :(. I got a pet gerbil named Hammie in 8th or 9th grade/whatever grade I was in 2008. It was so cute and we really loved it. we had it for a year or 2 and then one day we forgot to feed it and it died of starvation. :/ I'm bad with pets. I don't know if I want another for a while. I've wanted a dog all my life though. I've always seen friends with dogs and felt a bit of jealousy.

Last edited:

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
I used to have 2 dogs at a time but we had to put one down when I was like 16 but the other one is still fairly young. I'd like to have a cat tho, but it's gotta be a cat that doesn't scratch the piss out of everything.

Years
Currently I only have a cat - well she's the family cat... and by that I mean we're her servants. Honestly she is weird, she's a tortoise shell (the most beautiful you will ever see - I might post a picture later) but she tends to be rather... Siamese in her attitude. She generally doesn't like people (especially men) and will switch between loving and adorable and murderous in a heartbeat. One moment she is stalking me out f affection, and then she is stalking me to tear open my ankles. Still, love this cat even if she does manipulate me into feeding her on other people's nights just to shut her up.
Seriously though, if you know what's good for you don't mess with this cat. I've seen her take on a rottweiler x Belgian shepherd and win

In the past I had two rabbits. One died of uterine cancer and the other got murdered by my sisters. I have had several fighting fish (betas) and I am somewhat ashamed to admit I cannot remember all of their names... most were named after gem stones.

Most recently I had four finches - two zebra finches and two gouldians. They all died in the space of about a month due to various unfortunate circumstances though.

Back