• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would you take a bullet for?

Outlier

Your mother? Your brother? My mother? My brother? Whoever it may be tell us who you'd literally be willing to die for, and why I guess.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I'd be willing to take a bullet for way too many people. Family, friends, and pretty much anyone I consider to be a genuinely good person. Although if I really did have to take any bullets I would probably freeze in fear or something.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
No-one. Dying for someone would imply that I'd feel like my life isn't worth living without them in it - and that doesn't apply to anyone. No matter who comes into and goes out of your life, and no matter what they meant to you, your life wouldn't stop if they weren't there any more. I'd never lose my own life for the sake of someone else's; bluntly put, no-one's worth that. I'm not saying that I'm more valuable to the world that anyone else, but to me, my life's the most precious thing that I have and it's something that keeps on going for as long as I do. Not for as long as someone else does.

There's always the argument that you may die for someone else for less selfish reasons; not that you couldn't live without them, but because you want them to live more than you want yourself to live. But for me, that just doesn't apply. I guess I'm not selfless enough to believe that I'd truly want someone alive more than I'd want myself alive. My life's mine to live. It's not something I'm about to lose for the sake of someone else, no matter what they could contribute to the world that I couldn't, what they mean to people that I don't, etc. I genuinely can't think of anyone where I'd go, "yep. I'd give up my life to save theirs because it's that important to me that they stick around". I don't believe anything's so important that it's worth your life.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm on the same boat as Razor Leaf. I just haven't met someone that I would die for. Well now that I think about it, I might step up and try to save someone's life, but I would probably end up being frozen in fear instead.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Really, a lot of people. All my close friends and family.

I couldn't live with myself knowing that I had the opportunity to save a close friend, and I didn't. It just would ruin the whole quality of life for me. Also, is it weird that I've always had this weird feeling of wanting to die, and being able to like view my Facebook and stuff from the after world, just to see what people honestly thought about me?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Well now that I think about it, I might step up and try to save someone's life

Oh, if there was a chance that I could save someone's life - even if it meant risking my own - I'd probably take it. There comes a point where I feel like it's gotta be worth a shot if there's someone that important (and I can think of a few people who I'd personally put up there) to me at risk. But if it's a literal case of "it's you or them." then I stand by what I said earlier. Gotta be them.

River Ramirez said:
I couldn't live with myself knowing that I had the opportunity to save a close friend, and I didn't. It just would ruin the whole quality of life for me.

That's respectable and I'm not trying to change or even challenge your view at all here, but out of curiosity I have to ask - hypothetically suppose that, by giving your life up for them, their quality of life was to be ruined in the same way that you feel yours would be. How would you feel about that? Would it change the situation for you at all, or would you still go through with it?

Honest

Hi!
Years
There comes a point where I feel like it's gotta be worth a shot if there's someone that important
worth a shot
I c wat u did thur

Anyhow, if it's a case as Razor presents it, where it's either me or them, I honestly don't know. Logic says no, instinct says yes, and in the end you just have one incredibly difficult choice to make. And honestly, it's pretty ugly either way. If it was a scenario where I have the possibility to save both of us, at the risk of my own life, then yes depending on the person. Family and close friends would definitely fall under the category of whom I'd attempt to save.

Sirfetch’d

I've imagined this scenario and of course I hope that I am never faced with this decision but if I was...I honestly don't know if I would or not. I wouldn't do it for just anyone because like the others have said, life is just too valuable. If it was someone I loved like my closest friends or close family(parents and brothers) then I probably would out of instinct I guess.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
That's respectable and I'm not trying to change or even challenge your view at all here, but out of curiosity I have to ask - hypothetically suppose that, by giving your life up for them, their quality of life was to be ruined in the same way that you feel yours would be. How would you feel about that? Would it change the situation for you at all, or would you still go through with it?

I thought of that point as well. Honestly, gonna dig deep here. My friends are kinda douchey. They would be devastated and all that, but they could move on. I'm actually kinda sensitive and I don't handle problems well. I've had suicidal thoughts, depression, all that, for really dumb reasons that you really shouldn't get it. And, really, I just think that if I had to live through that, I wouldn't.
And I'd rather 1 dead kid than 2.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I would take a bullet for my friends and family. I may would even do it for a stranger. You are saving someone's life! Even if I died, I would know I did the right thing. I may end up getting frozen in fear, though. Would you want someone to take a bullet for you? How would you live with yourself if you could have saved someone's life and didn't? It would be worth it to save someone's life! Why wouldn't you? For selfish reasons? It is selfish not to save someone just because you think your life is better. True joy comes from being selfless. If I was lying on my deathbed in the hospital after saving someone, I would be sad about dying. I would be leaving everyone I know. But, I would feel great knowing I saved someone's life. They could go on to do amazing things...

Poki

Banned
Years
I'd only take a bullet for my family, and a reallyyyyyyyyyy close friend (That is, if I have one someday).

I'd probably try to save us both, tho. Or die tryin'. :cool:

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I would probably try and save anyone's and everyone's life, really.. I don't know what I'd do in the actual situation of taking a bullet for someone, but I am the type of person who'd save even someone I really dislike (I haven't met anyone I full on hate yet).

But I would definitely take a bullet for my best friend and my family.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Anyone.

I'm just that sort of person. Every life is important. If a gunman came and threatened someone, I would try to stop them.

It's not about who's important, it's about what's important, saving a life, that's important. Would I risk mine to save someone else? Yes, and it's almost happened before.

EDIT: I get that my life is valuable too, but so is theirs. Is me not jumping to save them saying I'm more important than they are? How do I know that? Who am I to judge that? Will I even have time to judge that?

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
I agree with you guys. Every life is very important, not just yours. I would do everything I can to save someone I may even dislike. It is the right thing to do. I would be ashamed of myself if I didn't take the bullet and have a ton of regret.

Years
Not to sound rude, but I wouldn't take a bullet for anyone, and not even my parents. First and foremost, I love my parents and anyone I'm close to. However, the reality that comes in is that I don't want to be honored for something and considered heroic, and not be able to experience the heroism.

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
My best friend. We met two years ago, but have been hanging out pretty much every day since. It feels like we've known each other for as long as we both can remember. He's a year younger than I am and we've both been down the wrong path at one point in our teenage years. (Drug stuff) But getting to know each has been the breakthrough that got us back on the right path. Honestly, he's more family to me than my actual family is.

I entirely agree with Razor Leaf and would also say that dying for someone would mean that life wouldn't be worth living without them.. But this is different. I've already lost many people dear to me, and got to point where I became really selfish when it came to my own choices. I did what's best for myself, over and over. But my best friend is the same. I'm sure that he'd take a bullet for no one but me. (Which is a selfish thing to say xD) But that's how it is. I know we both would live on like it is if any of us would die, but if the chance of taking a bullet is there, then we would take it.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
As said above, life truly is valuable, so it's not like you go around taking bullets for every single person.

I think the perspective most people are not looking at is that: If you are willing to die for someone, it doesn't mean you can't take not having them around or that you value their life more than yours.
It means, in my personal opinion, you love that person so much that you would rather die and let them have their chance of happiness and continue on this world for a while longer, than actually being you who gets to do that.

Like most people agreed, life is a blessing. If there's any reason to allow someone to keep being blessed by living, at the cost of your own life, that is but inconditional love

Years
I'd take one for my family, friends, children, any women and even my dog. (Especially the more vulnerable beings it seems).
Not a random man, because I wouldn't feel like it's my job somehow. I can't explain it, it's my nature/instict I guess.
As for the heroism thing, I feel like that's the only way that I'd like to die, by saving another life. It's not that I don't care, but it would feeld
like my purpose.

Last edited:
Back