• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

I can understand the problem portability can be, but I really don't have to go anywhere so that doesn't bother me.

Years
Same for me, I don't typically go places for long periods of time, so desktops are fine for me.. however if I'm gone for a long while, then I will bring my laptop and just deal with the slowness of it compared to my desktop.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
So I got my tablet and I love it a ton. Anyone had luck with the Nexus 7?

The 2012 or 2013 model? I have the '13 model and I love it, its not made my Samsung my wifi works *cough*Nexus10*cough*. I thought I wouldn't like it because of the bezels but you don't notice in while using it.

Not sure whats going besides Laptor or Desktop? I used to prefer desktops, but now I just love my laptop, trackpad and all. I just keep my laptop plugging in for the majority. Mouses are weird to use now.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Funny as heck, mobile SoCs are getting more and more powerful these days... while PC CPUs and chipsets are getting more and more efficient.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally found 8's interface to be pretty terrible; hope they make some fresh changes to it in Windows 9. It'd be quite epic if they could make it look something like this. :]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Is it going to be called Windows 9? xD

I find 8 to be tolerable. I never tried it yet on an actual tablet or touchscreen, but I heard it works a lot better than in laptops/desktops.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I find it interesting that it's getting very hot with regard to the next version of Windows after the post-8.1 update in April will be going to be called Windows 9 and it will mark the return of the Start menu.

180°, anyone? It seems like they know 8 is a disaster.

Years
I guess I'll wait until April to get a new laptop then.. but then again, it's been quite a long time since I've used my laptop (because of my tablet).

I remember back then I used my laptop more than my desktop simply because my old desktop ran XP until I made it into a server PC, and got my current desktop running Windows 7.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Is it going to be called Windows 9? xD

I find 8 to be tolerable. I never tried it yet on an actual tablet or touchscreen, but I heard it works a lot better than in laptops/desktops.
I'd be surprised if they called it Windows 9.. Have you become that boring, Microsoft? xD
In any case, I typically get my OSes from ..other.. sources, so it's not a big deal which one a PC comes with, since it costs me nothing to replace it.

I like the "under-the-hood" improvements in 8 - performance has gotten quite a bit better, but I still hate the start screen. At the moment I'm using Start8 to disable it, works quite well.
So I got my tablet and I love it a ton. Anyone had luck with the Nexus 7?
I have a Nexus 7. Ended up replacing it with an iPad after a year. It's not a bad device, I just love iOS.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Either way, I suspect this is not a good time to buy a new laptop. Try waiting until later in the year, perhaps after July.

I noticed that I don't miss the AMOLED display of my old phone. Hmm...

I think I'll probably wait until the third-generation Windows Phone 8 phones show up before I use my contract upgrade... if I even bother to do so.

Years
I guess we'll have to see what Microsoft does for the next generation of the Windows operating system now.. I would at least hope that the trend continues where the next Windows OS would be a better one than its predecessor.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Either way, I suspect this is not a good time to buy a new laptop. Try waiting until later in the year, perhaps after July.

Well crap. I was just browsing Toshiba laptops right now. xD Trying to see what I want to buy when the time comes. :D Maybe I should wait a little while longer so I can go for a better lappy.

Years
Either way, I really couldn't care less if I had a laptop then missed out on a major software update.. because then hopefully it would be really low-priced for upgrades like they did with Windows 8 Pro for its first three months of being on the market.

All I'm saying though: I need a newer, faster, and more-compact laptop this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back