• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gym leader

Favorite Johto gym leader

• Falkner

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Morty

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Chuck

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Pryce

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Clair

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
Years
blaine_gym.gif

Which Johto gym leader was your favorite and why? Discuss and share reasons if you please!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Whitney. She was pretty tough to go up against, and it was pretty fun, too. She did have me pulling my hair out at one point, but still. Along with her, I also like Morty. :]

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
Such a close tie between Morty and Clair, but Clair took my vote. I liked her gym the most, and she had the best character, being related to Lance.

Guest123_x1

It's kind of a tough choice for me to pick what definitely would be my favorite Johto Gym Leader, but my first choice would be Whitney. While she is quite powerful and hard to deal with in battle (especially her Miltank spamming Rollout and Milk Drink), once you overcome her and defeat her, she turns into a complete crybaby calling you a 'meanie'. Well duh! Takes a lot of guts to take down that Miltank. Besides, her breaking down after the battle seems similar to how I get when I don't get my way or something else comes to upset me.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I liked Faulnker the best because he gives really a tough challenge at the start of the game.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My favourtie leader would definietly have to be falkner because His history of how he became the leader is cool and the fact that he has a LV 9 pidgeot XD

Years
Went with Jasmine, since I always loved that her type specialty and abilities as a Leader seemed completely opposite of her personality. Honourable mention goes to Clair though, as she's one of the few Gym Leaders in any game that I've had troubles with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Clair for sure. Unlike the other leaders, she was the most competitive one. It took a while for her to accept her loss against me, and wanted me to do another challenge just to prove to her that I was worthy of a trainer, and deserved that win fair and square. I admired her for that, hence she was my favorite in these games.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I really liked Clair, even though she doesn't give the gym badge straight away. She's the first gym leader with dragon type Pokémon. Now that's amazing.

Years
So many favorites.

1. Whitney - Most personality of any GB/GBC/GBA game. Without relying on advance graphic and scenery to make the personality. GF, really did well to capture her personality using mostly dialogue. At first glance, she seems sweet and "normal" but with water works, immaturity, stubbornness, and the highest difficulty of Johto leaders, she is nothing but ordinary. She gets my vote!
Spr_GS_Whitney.png

2. Morty - Though a subdued character, it fits with his relaxed yet edgy new-age-monk vibe. I love the understated yet memorable gym experience.

3. Clair - Before there was Cynthia, Clair was ordering her men around to make her a sandwich. It was nice to see a strong female gym leader for the first time...that wasn't a sociopath. (Shout out to my fave Kanto leader Sabrina!)

4. Jasmine - I know, I listed four out of eight as "favorites." Probably because these were the best overall group of leaders, in my opinion, perhaps tied with Unova. Jasmine is so sweet and gentle, yet uses steel types. Sort of showing she is strong and passionate in protecting/defending pokemon, despite her demure exterior. I love her!

Back