• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Whom did you used Master on?

Master Ball used on?

• Articuno

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Moltres

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Patience enough to save it for Mewtwo

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
As the title goes i want you all to share the experience of Fire Red and Leaf and ask whom did you used your master ball on?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I used the master ball to catch Molters. My favorite legendary between the Bird trio is Zapdos but Zapdos is not too hard to catch. So i use A Pokeball most of the time to catch Zapdos. But i mostly become fail to do so i use either a Ultra ball or A Great ball. And about Articno i used Master ball for it 3 or 2 times. (I have played FR\LG 7 times as of now maybe.) So I sometime use them but not always. I mostly use Ultra ball for it. And about Molters its one of the hard Pokemon to catch at all. So i never used any other ball ( I tried to throw Ultra & great ball but didn't work so in my gaming life as of now i used Master ball to caught it ) And its too hard to catch. I wait to catch Molters and save the ball.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In LeafGreen, I've used mine on Zapdos. In FireRed though, I don't really remember what Pokémon I used it on… maybe it was Articuno.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't use the Master Ball in FRLG. I save them for roamers (and I don't need FRLG's roaming Pokemon), so I likely just traded the Master Ball over to Emerald for safekeeping. I kind of just hoard them in Emerald, since there's no roamers left in my copy...so I have like...60 something? lmao

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Wow Everlark. You Trade it over to emerald. So you find good legionaries in emerald then Fired red & Leaf green. If i trade it in emerald or Ruby or in Saphire i will surely use it in Rayquaza. But i think It needs to be In Fire red & Leaf green better.

Years
I never used my Master Ball in FireRed- I just attached it to one of my Pokemon that I transferred forward to HeartGold. If I wouldn't have had such luck in catching Mewtwo with a Poke Ball, I might've used it then after a couple of turns to save time, but I guess I didn't have to.

If I were to play through FireRed on my cartridge again though, I'd hold on to the Master Ball in case I ever ran into a shiny Pokemon.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
How do you transfer your fire red items to Heartgold ? Please tell me how! I dont know how to do it!

Last edited:

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i used it on mewtwo but it didnt have anything to do with patience to be honest since i didnt catch the legendary birds yet.

How do you transfer your fire red items to Heartgold ? Please tell me how! I dont know how to do it!

not to crush your dreams or anything but basically you cant. pal park doesnt accept pokemon who hold items and there is no separate way to transfer them

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hmm, it turns out I first used it on Ditto (original Red, but not the point) and was embarrassed, so out of protest, I never use it, for any reason. I even go to the trouble of catching Mewtwo w/out Master. Sorry, but it's true.
What kind of trouble? Tell us more, because it never fails on any pokemon.

Years
Mewtwo. It kept using Recover and I ran out of patience.
Very soon after than I realised I should have kept it for Suicune.

As for the legendary birds, I spent many hours raising a few Pokemon just for the sake of catching them.

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
Years
I still have my masterball after 300+ hours of playing on my LG, I catched my Suicune with a timer ball while I was using Wobbuffet with it's shadow tag ability so it couldn't escape. Maybe if I find a very rare shiny pokemon I will catch it with my mb

LeaderOfTeamRocket

Team Rocket: Leader
Years
the first tme i got a master ball was in pokemon saphire. i used it on a magnemite. pathetic, right?
but now, my master ball is a last resort if i run out of every pokeball when trying to catch a legendary i only get 1 chance at.

Years
I didn't use my Master Ball.
I caught every Pokemon easily.
Pokemon like Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo or any Pokemon with the capture rate of 3, were all easy for me to catch.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
On FireRed, which I had first, I used it on Moltres. On LeafGreen, I knew about Mewtwo and saved it for him. I eventually cloned the master ball on Emerald and traded one to FireRed so I could get Mewtwo easily.

Back