• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
My luckiest moments were all on the GTS
these include Scoring a Lugia for a Bunnelby
a 2nd Xerneas (Modest, 3 perfect IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed, unfortunately has a dumb nickname) for a Sylveon.
A Yveltal for a Dragonite,
a 3rd Xerneas (Timid, same 3 perfect IVs, but No nickname <3)
Then my original bad IV/Nature Xerneas and especially the Lugia helped me Chain Trade for a latios, dialga, Cressellia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Hearran, and a Suicune to get them registered in my pokedex!
In the end, I kept Suicune and of course Virizion<3 who btw is uber cute in Pokemon Amie.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I hatched a shiny Pumpkaboo with Shiny Charm, but without Masuda Method. The baby also had Frisk instead of the mother's ability, Pickup. Mothers pass down their ability 80% of the time, and luckily this didn't occur.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
I was on the GTS and I went to Butterfree. Someone wanted a bulbasaur for a shiny butterfree so I traded and got it.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
almost had a shiny Moltres but missed out on a trade to get a lv61 Gourgeist that I wouldve dumped 30 rare candys (PokemonGL) into to meet the requested lv91-100

almost aucky moment!

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I just completed The Swords of Justice (besides My Little Keldeo), A Perfect 5 IV Virizion (obviously hacked, but I don't care), and Kyurem, after hours of lucky fishing on the GTS!!

Managed to scoop up a Cobalion for one of my extra 2 Xerneas, and then I got the Perfect IV Virizion for my Moltres, so I traded the bad IV Virizon for Terrakion, and then I traded my Suicune for Ho-Oh who in-turn I traded for Palkia then for Dialga, then Giratina, then Thundurus, then Landorus, Then Tornadus (I got the Reveal Glass at the Reflection Cave), then traded back to Palkia again, then Giratina again and back and forth xD!! I was IV fishing for a Good Dragon to stick on my team..
but in the End, I settled for a Kyurem, also so I could get the DNA Splicer in Kiloude City and got yet another Xerneas with a Bold nature that I plan on building a Tank with xD.

I will continue to chain trade my Legendaries so I can get the pokedex entries of the other tradable Legendaries (still need entries for Entei, Raikou, Lake Guardians, 2 of the Regis, and Kyogre) I need and hopefully stumble upon perfect IV (or hacked) Legendaries in the process to keep :D.

Current Legendaries in my Possession: Three Xerneas, Zygarde, Mewtwo, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Kyurem, & Unown.

Last edited:
Years
While trying to catch Ekans for my Pokedex today, I ran into a shiny Skorupi totally by accident! :)

Still looking for that shiny female Mareep though... XD But I'm working on my Pokedex at the same time, so at least I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak, lol)!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This is the only generation where I started caring about IVs.
I'm a complete noob about all of this, and still am, though I have learned that getting all 6 perfect IVs on one PKMN is really hard to achieve.
But I managed to hatch an Eevee with perfect 6 IVs a week ago. <3

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
This is the only generation where I started caring about IVs.
I'm a complete noob about all of this, and still am, though I have learned that getting all 6 perfect IVs on one PKMN is really hard to achieve.
But I managed to hatch an Eevee with perfect 6 IVs a week ago. <3
I keep trying to hatch a 6IV female Eevee. They are a lot harder :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I just deposited A Lv. 1 eevee to get Yveltal After 10 minutes my pokemon was traded

Years
I've been really lucky with shinies, as I've mentioned in this thread before, but I guess my luck had to turn bad somewhere! I've been hunting for a shiny female Mareep for weeks now after my first one turned out to be male. I caught a second one a day or so after the first, but it was also male. I've had zero luck with finding shinies on route 12 for several days now and just a few minutes ago I finally encountered a third shiny Mareep! My heart was racing and I was begging the game for it to be a girl (after all, there's a 50/50 chance, right?). Such excitement, only to be replaced with crushing disappointment... a third male! :(

I know I shouldn't complain, because it's a shiny and any shiny is better than no shiny, but after such a long hunt (the longest for me, so far), I really hoped that my next shiny would be that elusive shiny female Mareep I've been longing for! No such luck...

I won't give up, though! I am working on my Pokedex and using these horde battles to level up Pokemon for my 'dex as I go, so I'm not completely wasting this time. My 'dex is coming along nicely and hopefully my luck will turn back around and I can finally have a beautiful shiny female Mareep (who will become my shiny female Ampharos)! <3

Years
I was riding my bike through tall grass and somehow ran into a shiny oddish. I evolved him into a bellossom. He was the first shiny I caught by myself eheh his name is Yasu. I heart my Yasu.

Years
I haven't had any real lucky moments myself but my boyfriend ran into a Shiny Pidgey in the wild within 20 minutes of just starting the game. Needless to say I was totally jealous haha. :3

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Speaking of "just starting the game and suddenly found shinies", a friend of my friend started out with this.
http://prntscr.com/2lga17

It was his first time playing the game, and has never seen what Fenny actually looked like. He freaked out after he went on the summary screen. xD

Then on the very first route...
http://prntscr.com/2lgcb9

-,-

Seriously, this guy's hoarding all the luck in the world. :,(

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
I would <3 to get a shiny when starting the game. I would *never* get rid of that Pokemon; no matter how awful it may be :)

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I've caught every Pokemon so far in the Pokeballs I wanted to catch them in. Otherwise, I've been too lazy to get lucky on shinies. :P

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I'd consider it pretty lucky that I got a Shiny Seaking and Gyarados while chain fishing. I think it's lucky because I got both of them in under 40 fishes. c:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
managed to hatch a perfect 6IV Tepig. <3
my second 6IV pkmn ever. :3

edit...
and i just hatched my third perfect 6IV PKMN.
A female adamant Charmander <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Last night I found two shiny pokemon within 40 minutes of each other. The first, a shiny Dunsparce that killed itself with Take Down. The second, A shiny Ditto with the ability Imposter! The only reason I found the ditto was because I was so mad that the Dunsparce killed itself, that I just had to find another shiny before I went to bed. (I also have the shiny charm)

Back