• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold or SoulSilver?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Outlier

Soul Silver for aesthetic reasons because Lugia is one my favorite Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2017
Soul Silver! I have fond memories of playing Pokemon Silver back when I was a kid. Loved it a ton, and I played it a lot, too. I can't remember how many times I've beaten it, haha.

I guess it's nostalgia that made me like it more. That, and I also prefer Lugia's design to Ho-Oh's. :>

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I used to have both of them, but recently i rebought SoulSilver. I like SoulSilver better because I have always loved Lugia way more than Ho-Oh, and because as a kid i had several level 100 pokemon and on gold i did not.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
HeartGold is my favorite, mainly just because I prefer Ho-oh over Lugia. But the reason I bought it was because I played Silver when I was younger, and I wanted to try the other version.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Soul Silver based soley on the fact that my brother got heart gold even though he quit pokemon shortly after :/ just wished I could pokebank with soul silver

blue

gucci
Years
Soul Silver for me, I originally chose Pokémon Silver back in 1999 when those games were first release.. so for obvious reasions I chose SS.

Years
SoulSilver all the way! I am playing it at the moment, I love Johto league and Johto starters my fav of course Cindaquil then Chicorita and at the end Totodile. I like story with Egg and that you have Togepi and Lugia is pretty cool! Plus would love to try out a pokewalker but they cost like 15-20 pound on its own :( i might buy it anyway in near future ^^

bobandbill

one more time
Years
SS, just because my first game was Silver rather than Gold, haha. Not much difference between the two that I'd care much (heck, you can get both legends), but I do like Lugia more than Ho-oh.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I gotta go with SoulSilver. It had better version exclusives, Lugia earlier in the game and I got Silver when I was little so I guess nostalgia counts too lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I played Silver, so I had to go for Soulsilver, just to buy a DS version of Silver. I prefer the exclusives in SS over HG. Lanturn and Skarmory are only available in SS.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
This is a tough decision for me. I've played and loved both versions. I do have preference of Lugia over Ho-oh, but HG also made me love Ho-oh a lot more than I used to, so it's a very close match. Which version has Growlithe, though? HG? Okay, I'll go with that.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I like SoulSilver more only because it's the one I played. xD I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh anyway. :3 But if I could, I would play HeartGold.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I played Gold as a child but voted SS on the poll because that's the one I own. I would have bought HG but I was buying used and every place I looked only had SS.

Back