• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
i encountered those bugs too,but what concerns me is you cant exit at the cave when you accept the task of delivering the moomoo milk to the old lady,,the screen just keeps flashing..im referring to the first cave.

also, there's a bug when you join the gang and teleported to their base, you cant exit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
avara! It's great to see that you've got your first beta out! Keep up the good work :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i encountered those bugs too,but what concerns me is you cant exit at the cave when you accept the task of delivering the moomoo milk to the old lady,,the screen just keeps flashing..im referring to the first cave.

also, there's a bug when you join the gang and teleported to their base, you cant exit.

Now, these 2 I'm quite concerned about... was this when you first joined the gang or after the Grey Lord's Manor event? After the latter, you're not supposed to be able to exit, since it's the end of the beta. If this is happening when you accept to join the gang, then I'm I trouble, as you were supposed to be teleported straight to Sola Cape after the introduction.

The cave glitch sounds a bit worrying too. It's never happened to me, but I'll play through from the start again to try and see what you mean.

EDIT: I think I've found your problem, cacelyn. Because of the way I (seemingly badly) used my vars, you should have been to Bush Trail and defeated your rival before you go back to the Lab to deliver the letter and meet the two people wanting you to join them. Try that! I hope that helps!
I think for Version 2, I'll have Cape Moor blocked off until you beat your rival, and then you can go and get the letter and blah blah. I didn't want to have so many blocked-off areas until you do things like in a GF game, but it looks like I might need to =P

Thank you for letting me know! =)

Last edited:
Years
Now, these 2 I'm quite concerned about... was this when you first joined the gang or after the Grey Lord's Manor event? After the latter, you're not supposed to be able to exit, since it's the end of the beta. If this is happening when you accept to join the gang, then I'm I trouble, as you were supposed to be teleported straight to Sola Cape after the introduction.

The cave glitch sounds a bit worrying too. It's never happened to me, but I'll play through from the start again to try and see what you mean.

EDIT: I think I've found your problem, cacelyn. Because of the way I (seemingly badly) used my vars, you should have been to Bush Trail and defeated your rival before you go back to the Lab to deliver the letter and meet the two people wanting you to join them. Try that! I hope that helps!
I think for Version 2, I'll have Cape Moor blocked off until you beat your rival, and then you can go and get the letter and blah blah. I didn't want to have so many blocked-off areas until you do things like in a GF game, but it looks like I might need to =P

Thank you for letting me know! =)
that happened after delivering the letter.thats the event were the character was offered on joining the gang. anyways, im not really stuck there since i have so many sav files.

and for the 2nd concern,(failure to exit the 1st cave after delivering the moomoo milk) what i did was first evolved pidove to unfezant to acquire the HM FLY. so that solved my problem. but i indeed up using the supposed-to-be-delivered moomoo milk. haha to that!

and i forgot to inform you too that Silcoon wont evolve!of course i didnt stop its evolution.i encountered this when the character was given the task to evolve a bug to its final form.

there's this house too in Havabora Beach that resets your game once you enter it.the one beside the storyteller's house.

also, Unfezant isnt able to learn FLY.

and where am i supposed to get the HM SURF? or maybe there was no surf in this first release?but i thought 6 badges can be acquired here?

i hope i didnt gave you a headache

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
that happened after delivering the letter.thats the event were the character was offered on joining the gang. anyways, im not really stuck there since i have so many sav files.

and for the 2nd concern,(failure to exit the 1st cave after delivering the moomoo milk) what i did was first evolved pidove to unfezant to acquire the HM FLY. so that solved my problem. but i indeed up using the supposed-to-be-delivered moomoo milk. haha to that!

and i forgot to inform you too that Silcoon wont evolve!of course i didnt stop its evolution.i encountered this when the character was given the task to evolve a bug to its final form.

there's this house too in Havabora Beach that resets your game once you enter it.the one beside the storyteller's house.

also, Unfezant isnt able to learn FLY.

and where am i supposed to get the HM SURF? or maybe there was no surf in this first release?but i thought 6 badges can be acquired here?

i hope i didnt gave you a headache

No worries on the headache front lol =) No you can't get Surf in this version, but you'll get it pretty soon in version 2. Badges don't exist in this hack, I just used "six Gyms" when describing the length of the beta since that's how most people do it. Gyms are optional =)

Oh man I COMPLETELY forgot about trying to fix evolution without the National Dex... I'd meant to do that ages ago, but forgot about it since I don't know how to hex edit. I will try my best to fix this asap

Game-resetting house in Havabora Beach? I've no idea what's causing that, I've had to scrap many a map because of that. Can add that one to the list lol. Thanks for telling me all this!

eli-chan

princess eli (◕ω◕✿)
Years
great going on the rom hack, avara! i'm so glad that something like this exists--the "evil team" thing was getting annoying for me.

on the other hand, because i've been playing this for long periods of time, i'm getting bored of the rom hacks with evil teams! i love your plot so much haha~

congrats, avara! kudos to you!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
great going on the rom hack, avara! i'm so glad that something like this exists--the "evil team" thing was getting annoying for me.

on the other hand, because i've been playing this for long periods of time, i'm getting bored of the rom hacks with evil teams! i love your plot so much haha~

congrats, avara! kudos to you!

Thank you so much for your comments! Can I also say your avatar is so cute =)

I updated the patch again with some more glitch fixes. Unfezant can learn fly, the Havabora Beach glitch house is fixed and the Mt. Ore warp is fixed now. For reals =P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Does anybody know where tanzanite tunnel is? I am supposed to go trough it, but i can't find it?
Anyways, this hack rocks! I totally love it! The plot is just plain amazing! I can't wait to go further trough the seeker job!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Does anybody know where tanzanite tunnel is? I am supposed to go trough it, but i can't find it?
Anyways, this hack rocks! I totally love it! The plot is just plain amazing! I can't wait to go further trough the seeker job!

Tanzite Tunnel is unavailable right now - sorry about that! So the storyline-splitting Iron Hollow event is the only choice you can pick at this stage. The only reason I haven't put it in yet is because I really, really suck at cave maps and I haven't decided what events if any I want to put in there.

Thank you so much! I haven't actually thought on many events for the Seeker career, I feel like all the sidequests I'm using for the other careers are really getting repetitive. If you have an idea for an SFS mission you'd like to see feel free to PM m, and if I use your idea I'd credit you and stuff obviously. =)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Tanzite Tunnel is unavailable right now - sorry about that! So the storyline-splitting Iron Hollow event is the only choice you can pick at this stage. The only reason I haven't put it in yet is because I really, really suck at cave maps and I haven't decided what events if any I want to put in there.

Thank you so much! I haven't actually thought on many events for the Seeker career, I feel like all the sidequests I'm using for the other careers are really getting repetitive. If you have an idea for an SFS mission you'd like to see feel free to PM m, and if I use your idea I'd credit you and stuff obviously. =)

Ok, then I will have to wait untill the next beta. I really look forward to it! I don't wanna hurry you, but I just can't wait ;)
ps. I pmed you some of my ideas.

EDIT: So if I can't go trough Tanzite tunnel, what should I do after I went to the seeker HQ and after the professor's assistent promoted me?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ok, then I will have to wait untill the next beta. I really look forward to it! I don't wanna hurry you, but I just can't wait ;)
ps. I pmed you some of my ideas.

EDIT: So if I can't go trough Tanzite tunnel, what should I do after I went to the seeker HQ and after the professor's assistent promoted me?

Have you done the Verlume Villas event yet? If you're a SFS member you can start the event off by speaking to one of the officers in the Police Station. After you've done that, the beta's pretty much over apart from the VV Gym Leader, I'm afraid =(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Have you done the Verlume Villas event yet? If you're a SFS member you can start the event off by speaking to one of the officers in the Police Station. After you've done that, the beta's pretty much over apart from the VV Gym Leader, I'm afraid =(

Omg I am so dumn, I didn't see the path beneath Jita Village to geth to Verlume Villas.
I have now reached Verlume villas, but there was a glitch. My game would freeze every time i tried to enter Verlume villas. After I defeated the third gym, the problem was gone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Omg I am so dumn, I didn't see the path beneath Jita Village to geth to Verlume Villas.
I have now reached Verlume villas, but there was a glitch. My game would freeze every time i tried to enter Verlume villas. After I defeated the third gym, the problem was gone.

Apologies for that, I was pretty new to vars when I made those scripts months ago and it's due to my own errors. Speaking to Tristan in the Havabora Pokémon Centre after getting your Professional Trainer License from Atenza will give you an EXP Share and set the variable to deactivate the VV block scripts =) Thank you for reminding me about this, I'll update the thread and list it in the Glitch section!

~AvaraMoon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Apologies for that, I was pretty new to vars when I made those scripts months ago and it's due to my own errors. Speaking to Tristan in the Havabora Pokémon Centre after getting your Professional Trainer License from Atenza will give you an EXP Share and set the variable to deactivate the VV block scripts =) Thank you for reminding me about this, I'll update the thread and list it in the Glitch section!

~AvaraMoon

You shouldn't apologize, I am happy that I can play the hack, with or withouth the glitch ;)
And yes I recieved that exp share.

EDIT: Glitch in the city where you get the exp share from Tristan: If you enter one of the houses the game resests itself. It just goes back to the gamefreak screen. It's only one house. Also I don't know if this is mentionned yet, but the running shoes don't work in a lot of areas. It's like the rom thinks you are in a house.

EDIT2: In the villas town, when you battle your rival, all his pokémon are level 5. And in the house where you can get your fly license: If you press a when facing one of the floor tiles the kabutops-fossil (or was it arodactyl) appears. Like the same script as in the museum in pewter city.
Ow and after the script when tyranitar uses earthquake, solomon says you have to repport to Aries, but none of the npc in the seeker hq respond when pressing a against them. What should I do to complete this quest? Oh and this is not a glich, but mayby it is worh mentioning, my starter wants to evolve, but it can't, like silcoon can't evolve thanks to no national dex. But the starter problably doesnt evolve because it's evolved form isn't done yet?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
I'm really enjoying your hack so far, so I just got my azradon to level 40 and it began to evolve and suddenly stopped. Is that supposed to happen?

Years
I'm really enjoying your hack so far, so I just got my azradon to level 40 and it began to evolve and suddenly stopped. Is that supposed to happen?

as for me, i didnt encounter this. my azradon completely evolved into Azramadon!
is it supposed to be Mewtwo look-alike?hmm there's no difference in the appearance though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
as for me, i didnt encounter this. my azradon completely evolved into Azramadon!
is it supposed to be Mewtwo look-alike?hmm there's no difference in the appearance though.

No no, Mewtwo is just the placeholder. I thought the evolution would stop or that people might not train azradon much at this point - but yeah don't worry, Mewtwo is just one of the legendaries that won't appear in the hack and so I'm replacing him with something else. Spriting is going slowly and I can't promise they'll be good, but I'm trying! =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You shouldn't apologize, I am happy that I can play the hack, with or withouth the glitch ;)
And yes I recieved that exp share.

EDIT: Glitch in the city where you get the exp share from Tristan: If you enter one of the houses the game resests itself. It just goes back to the gamefreak screen. It's only one house. Also I don't know if this is mentionned yet, but the running shoes don't work in a lot of areas. It's like the rom thinks you are in a house.

EDIT2: In the villas town, when you battle your rival, all his pokémon are level 5. And in the house where you can get your fly license: If you press a when facing one of the floor tiles the kabutops-fossil (or was it arodactyl) appears. Like the same script as in the museum in pewter city.
Ow and after the script when tyranitar uses earthquake, solomon says you have to repport to Aries, but none of the npc in the seeker hq respond when pressing a against them. What should I do to complete this quest? Oh and this is not a glich, but mayby it is worh mentioning, my starter wants to evolve, but it can't, like silcoon can't evolve thanks to no national dex. But the starter problably doesnt evolve because it's evolved form isn't done yet?

Oh yeah, oops, completely forgot about Rival battle. May I ask what your party was and what levels your team were at when you battle your rival? The only reason I left them at level 5 was because I was unsure about level curve and stuff. Starter won't be eveolving yet because I've not finished the sprites =P

As for no one talking to you in the SFS Base, congratulations, you've completed the beta! Not much else to do now I'm afraid =(

Back