• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

I played only 6-7 games on the DS, but now its kiiinda collecting dust since i lost interest >_<

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Holy crap. You should really fix that.

The DS has the best gaming library imo. Besting even the PS2.
Really? I was always interested only in SMT and maybe Monster Hunter from DS games.
If we don't count Pokemon of course.
I do have interest in Fire Emblem and The World Ends with You but that's pretty much where my Nintendo interest ends =D

(And Learn English with Nanami for 3DS becuase of Hanazawa Kana xD)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
It has a good selection but you have to look around for those underrated games because most of them are all underrated as hell because the graphics weren't on par with the PSP.

Years
The 3DS is brilliant and among the best in existence because of its backwards compatibility with DS games. It's just that the DS family of systems was so good with games and out for so long (It was just over 6 years between the launch of the original DS and the launch of the first 3DS) that a majority of people who would buy a dedicated handheld gaming console already had one of the DS systems by the time the 3DS came around, so not many really had a desire to get one. Also, like many recent game systems, the 3DS's launch library was perceived as lackluster, especially with the lack of a 3DS-exclusive main series Pokemon game, which I believe was also a cause of an initial slow start out of the gate for the original DS as well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Nintendo always do fantastic work on their consoles. We all know the stories of the Gameboy's and their resilience. One surviving damage taken during the Gulf War. The DS systems really have gone a long way, with some fantastic features and interactivity. I'd rather pay $400 for a new Nintendo system, than a PS4 to be honest.

Also just for giggles, I came across this during my adventuring on the internet:
Spoiler:

..I found it way too amusing.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Wow... I feel weird with all of these people barely having any DS games. Last time I counted, I had fifty. And that was one or two years ago. So, including my 3DS games nowadays... Wow...

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Really? I was always interested only in SMT and maybe Monster Hunter from DS games.
If we don't count Pokemon of course.
I do have interest in Fire Emblem and The World Ends with You but that's pretty much where my Nintendo interest ends =D

(And Learn English with Nanami for 3DS becuase of Hanazawa Kana xD)
here
Also just for giggles, I came across this during my adventuring on the internet:
Spoiler:

..I found it way too amusing.
Amazing. I actually have so many of these. Although you have to be familiar with the game to get them lol
10326r.jpg

5Wvh9.jpg

Wow... I feel weird with all of these people barely having any DS games. Last time I counted, I had fifty. And that was one or two years ago. So, including my 3DS games nowadays... Wow...
Same here actually. I have way too many DS games.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
In the Nintendo financial conference, it's been said that MK8 will be out in May.
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/29/live-nintendos-strategy-briefing-to-address-future-direction/
Oh, and:
But he says he's not pessimistic about the game console outlook. And there is no change to game console being the center of its strategy. He insists the company will not be abandoning its hardware business.
President Iwata says he needs to revamp its marketing for this year's holiday season. Putting priority on making software that make most of Wii U game pad capabilities. Says he will fully utilize NFC function and says the company has overcome technological hurdles to making virtual consoles.

The key question is how is Nintendo going to take advantage of the rise in smartphones and tablets? Investors have long called for its titles to be released on non-Nintendo platforms. Mr. Iwata says Nintendo will "actively" use smart devices to "make connections with customers." That is, they'll use smart devices as a catalyst to encourage customers to use its Nintendo platforms. Short answer, he's not going to release Nintendo's titles on other platforms.
Can't say I am surprised, because I am not at all. :V

Years
Not trying to be a hater or stir up drama, but just wondering what people think of Microsoft trying to "buy" PS3 owners by offering them $100 credit towards a XB1 D:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Not trying to be a hater or stir up drama, but just wondering what people think of Microsoft trying to "buy" PS3 owners by offering them $100 credit towards a XB1 D:
I thought it was hilarious.

Forget Persona 5 and Dark Souls II just get an Xbox One for 400$.

TY

Just another silly thing Microsoft does to make them look like a fool. I cant take them serious anymore. If they do this they probably fear that the PS4 just murders the Xbox One.

Years
Just another silly thing Microsoft does to make them look like a fool. I cant take them serious anymore. If they do this they probably fear that the PS4 just murders the Xbox One.

Exactly. It's bad business practice, in my opinion. A little competition between companies is good for the video game industry as a whole, but Microsoft is pulling out tricks at an attempt to dissuade current PS3 owners to get an XB1...As a PS3 owner myself, I feel that the PS3 era isn't yet over even though the 8th generation has started. PS3 still has tons to offer and there's still great games coming out for it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Imo, the PS4 has all the chances to stomp the XB1 ._.

Anyone heard of the indie bundle for PS Vita?

Years
Imo, the PS4 has all the chances to stomp the XB1 ._.

Anyone heard of the indie bundle for PS Vita?

I have now XD Quick Google search always does the trick and even though I don't personally own a PS Vita (have a PSP instead), I like how Sony is encouraging independent developers to push their games forward and supporting them. I have a number of indie games in my Steam library :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wish I had a PS Vita, but unfortunately, I don't. It costs around $200 over here, which is pretty expensive. If it were around $150 or something, then maybe I would've considered it. :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Zelda A Link to the Past is coming to the Wii U virtual console for $7.99! You can get it for a discounted price for $1.50 if you already own it for the Wii. Anyone getting this? I'd really like to try it, ever since playing A Link Between Worlds!

Years
I ended up getting it on the Wii Shopping Channel before the release of A Link Between Worlds... it kinda confuses me that Nintendo didn't release ALttP on the Wii U eShop before the 3DS game was released... ah well, it's still definitely worth a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back