• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Anime Movies?

Years
First one that comes to mind is Hotarubi no Mori e. Not entirely sure how I found out about this one, but it was a tear-jerker. I've re-watched it a few times because I thought it was worth it and it's a beautiful story; I believe it's based on a manga? Or vice versa. Another one would be Grave of the Fireflies, which just happens to be another movie that will tug on your heartstrings and having it set during World War II does not help make it any less depressing. I have a certain affinity for emotional anime movies, but not for Western ones XD Anybody else have any favourites or recommendations?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Oooo I have so many XD (I won't even mention any Ghibli ones cause everyone will)

Perfect Blue
Summer War
The Girl that Leapt Through Time
5cm per Second
Wolf Children
Akira
And so much more XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The ones that I can think of are only The Girl that leapt through time and Wolf Children. I liked Hotarubi no Morie e as well, but I can't consider it as a favourite.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Years
I'm not a fan of Anime in general but I absolutely love Studio Ghibli(I regard it as a separate movie category of its own). Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and The Cat Returns are just some of the greatest ones.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
I really enjoy Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Redline and more recently Spirited Away.

Summer Wars is my favourite movie of all time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have a few, and Howl's Moving Castle would have to be one of them. Found the film to be pretty emotional; left me crying throughout the end. xD"

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Akira, I watched this when I was 6 and about a month ago I would just watch it like 3 times a day.
Barefoot Gen, really good movie about how evil the people who gave the command to blow up hiroshima.
Grave of the Fireflies, this movie sucks it is so bad it made me cry for like an hour because of how powerful it is. I am currently trying to get my hands on the guys memoirs to learn more about why he believed it was his fault his younger sister died till the very end of his life. It hit me really hard because of how realistic it is and when I put myself in his shoes I could really feel the pain. The worst part is how he said it was his fault right until his own death. Very sad, the movie sucks do not watch unless you want to have your spirit crushed!

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are my all-time favourites that I faithfully watch again and again every year.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah I'm going with Howl's Moving Castle as well. The scenery is really good.

I'm not that into Spirited Away, but with each watch I start appreciating it more, so I'll give it a mention.

Akira, I watched this when I was 6
You watched Akira when you were 6?

Can't imagine what your child mind thought of it.
KuGsj.gif

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I'm going with Howl's Moving Castle as well. The scenery is really good.

I'm not that into Spirited Away, but with each watch I start appreciating it more, so I'll give it a mention.

You watched Akira when you were 6?

Can't imagine what your child mind thought of it.
KuGsj.gif

I unintentionally watched it, I was at a friends house and we were going through some old stuff and found it so we thought "Cartoons cewl" and popped it in, I remember the motorbikes, lasers, cool music and some messed up stuff.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are amazing, Princess Mononoke too. I love Calcifer in Howl's Moving Castle, such a funny flame x3
I really enjoyed The Secret World of Arrietty, it had such a cute story and good animation, I recommend it.

I'm planning to try watching Ponyo some time, I think it looks pretty good~

Years
I had to look up some explanations, but it was pretty good. When are we getting better AI's? :P

XD Same, but the animation was well done and that's what interested me. Haha, I'm not entirely sure I'd want an AI to act as my lover, but if they have unconditional love towards you, why not? :P The Mardock Scramble movies were good as well, though the only one of the 3 that was memorable and interesting was the first one \: The second one seemed like a waste of time. GoHands and their overuse of blue-green gradients XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Redline and Perfect Blue are the only two that come to mind, because for whatever reason I don't really care about anime movies. Perfect Blue was pretty good, but Redline is damn near perfect, and it has everything you could ever want from a racing movie. I heard the ending was kinda unpopular but I love my movies with just a lil bit of cheese.

Back