• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At least I get a Fire type. Not excited about Serperior and Swellow though. I feel like I've used Swellow in BW2 before so I'm dreading that because of repetition, but whatever. I'm using Serperior in B2 also but it's no biggie. Nidoking will be fun at least.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
I'm gonna start another challenge I seem to only have my Fire Red Omega on my Laptop, so it least I'll be able to start it this weekend while out of town now that I'm feeling better

Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: Volt White 2
Number of Pokes: 6
NFEs: No Thanks
Restrictions: Nice well blanced mixed plz, Surf and Fly Plz :) 1 starter to be there

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You'll be rolling with Zebstrika, Alomomola, Serperior, Garbodor, Golurk, and Klinklang. Not bad tbh...except for Zebstrika. Bleh!

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
You'll be rolling with Zebstrika, Alomomola, Serperior, Garbodor, Golurk, and Klinklang. Not bad tbh...except for Zebstrika. Bleh!

I like this group actually thanks bud never ever used Golurk or Alomomola before...Zebstrika isn't bad...no flying type though oh well i'll deal

Last edited:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
I'd love to join in :)

Forum Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Game Version: Pokemon Sapphire
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: (Yes)
Restrictions:
Spoiler:

Years
GoGoat rocks you get:

Huntail, Manectric, Golduck, Shedinja and Minun. If you cannot obtain either of them I can re-roll for you.

I am still trying to find courage to do my FR run all over again - until than I'd like to start another challenge.

Name: AoTora
Game: Light Platinum
Number of Pokes: 6
NFEs: No Thanks
Restrictions: Balanced team please - one of the Kanto or Johto starter or either of the "starting" pokemon - which means any bug, flying or ground/ice/fighting/water type should do - if none of those come up growlithe should be fine too. I am only asking for so many restrictions here because I cannot use universal randomizer on this game and that means that I cannot actually randomize the starters into something that I cannot obtain in first few routes/first city.

Years
@AoTora I haven't played Light Platinum so I'm not completely sure of the Pokedex there but here is your team:

Blastoise, Cacturne, Rhydon, Metagross, Crobat, Jynx

Tell me if you can't get any of the Pokemon as I went by the Pokedex I found through Google. Also, I'll get you another Pokemon if you can't get a Metagross before endgame.

Years
They are all available in game - Beldum is obtainable after elite 4 - But I plan on playing full game meaning that I want to do all post game there is and beating elite 4+champion twice. Only without metagross first time.

JessicaB

MommyGamer!
Years
Forum Username: JessicaB
Game Version: White 2
NFEs: (Yes/No) No
Restrictions: Fly/Surf of course. Just make it diverse. This it my first challenge play through ever!
Previous Progress: No

Not sure yet if I'll use a starter for the whole game, so you don't have to include one or you can include it and just have an alternative pokemon should I decide not to use my starter!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Forum Username: JessicaB
Game Version: White 2
NFEs: (Yes/No) No
Restrictions: Fly/Surf of course. Just make it diverse. This it my first challenge play through ever!

Not sure yet if I'll use a starter for the whole game, so you don't have to include one or you can include it and just have an alternative pokemon should I decide not to use my starter!
You only get to use your starter if it's on your list of Randomly chosen Pokemon.

Torterra
Golduck (Surf)
Excadrill
Shiftry
Miltank
Golurk (fly)

Years
At long last I did it!

From the last update: I beat Giovanni at the 8th Gym and then beat my rival shortly after that, quickly realizing how far behind I was in levels. So I made it through Victory Road and then I grinded. I grinded a LOT.

And then I took on the Elite Four and successfully defeated my rival one last time to become the champion :)

Hall of Fame Team:

Turn-up the Venasaur
mw76z4.png

Moveset:
Body Slam
SleepPowder
SolarBeam
Razor Leaf

DarkKnight the Golbat
14uy3b.png

Moveset:
Toxic
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray

Hadoken the Primeape
jucok1.png

Moveset:
Karate Chop
Leer
Dig
Hyper Beam

PowerLine the Electabuzz
2rxfaiq.png

Moveset:
Strength
Thunder
Light Screen
ThunderBolt

FireStride the Rapidash
2jg705k.png

Moveset:
Fire Spin
Fire Blast
Stomp
Horn Drill

Reaper the Kabutops
2csjapv.png

Moveset:
Slash
Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Surf

Years
Username: Pokemonmanta
Game Version: soul silver
NFEs: No
Restrictions: None

can't wait to start :D

Last edited:

~Hikozaru~

Chimchar Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Forum Username:StitchPRO
Game Version: Pokemon Silver
NFEs: Yes
Restrictions:

Well, I guess I could put up with my team but I'm annoyed how there's two Bugs and no Jolteon(iwillcomeforyoumyblubbrbby) >.<

Politoed - Grass/Water
Venonat - Bug/Poison
Charmeleon(soclose) - Fire
Onix - Rock
Bellossom - Grass
Ledian - Bug/Flying

Years
Hi guys! I'm a bit X and Y'd out right now so I thought if restart my soul silver game :D

Username: victreeplume
Restrictions: Please no more than 2 types in the set and one must be able to learn Surf :)
Previous progress: none

I've never done a challenge before so this will be exciting!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: Pokemonmanta
Restrictions: None

can't wait to start :D
Politoed
Venomoth
Charizard
Steelix
Bellossom
Ledian

Forum Username:StitchPRO
Game Version: Pokemon Silver
NFEs: Yes
Restrictions:

Well, I guess I could put up with my team but I'm annoyed how there's two Bugs and no Jolteon(iwillcomeforyoumyblubbrbby) >.<

Politoed - Grass/Water
Venonat - Bug/Poison
Charmeleon(soclose) - Fire
Onix - Rock
Bellossom - Grass
Ledian - Bug/Flying
YOu aren't supposed to roll your own team. Giving your rolls to pokemonmanta.

You get Steelix, Pidgeotto, Flaffy, Kabutops, Psyduck, And Golem
Hi guys! I'm a bit X and Y'd out right now so I thought if restart my soul silver game :D

Username: victreeplume
Restrictions: Please no more than 2 types in the set and one must be able to learn Surf :)

I've never done a challenge before so this will be exciting!
I'm not sure I fully understand your requirements. You mean like with your whole team only 2 types? Because that's a very strange requirement.

Years
I think I'll give it another go.

Username: Butterslave
Game Version: Heart Gold
Restrictions: A starter and only Pokemon I can catch in-game please

Years
I'm not sure I fully understand your requirements. You mean like with your whole team only 2 types? Because that's a very strange requirement.

Sorry! I meant no more than two of the same type in the team of 6. Like, no more than two dark types etc. and if I could add only those catchable in soul silver within Johto that'd be great :)

Last edited:
Years
Lol, victreeplume, you were supposed to give me a team!

Years
Lol, victreeplume, you were supposed to give me a team!

I really shouldn't do things within an hour of waking up, hey!

Here's your team :)

Tauros
Seaking
Poliwrath
Venomoth
Typhlosion
Hypno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back