• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games You'd like to See as Movies?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The first thing that popped into my head was Guitar Hero. Doesn't exactly make for a great movie, but I'll go with it. Could be like guitar battles and some Battle of the Bands-esque stuff, not necessarily like the game play itself.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
The first thing that popped into my head was Guitar Hero. Doesn't exactly make for a great movie, but I'll go with it. Could be like guitar battles and some Battle of the Bands-esque stuff, not necessarily like the game play itself.

A Tenacious D sequel? All of my yes.

I'd like to see a movie based off of The Last of Us, that sounds like a good one.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Grand Theft Auto V. The story (at least, imo) already seemed like a movie, so I'd like to see it actually happen x)

Last of Us is also a great candidate for a movie, then there's that NFS movie coming soon..looking forward to it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
One video game I've been wanting a movie for is getting a movie. Ratchet and Clank! I used to love the games as a kid and I've always wondered what a movie for it would be like. And now they're hoping to release one in 2015!

So excited!

GTA V sounds like a good idea for a movie as well. I haven't played it, but I've watched my brothers play it enough to know the story could work great as a movie and is practically one.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space Dead Space

Since the first game came out, I have wanted a DS movie. Each new game makes me want it more. I WANT IT SO MUCH.
I think a Borderlands movie would work, maybe. It would be weird, but it would work.

Fable, The Elder Scrolls, things like that.

Years
I saw a letsplay of beyond Two Souls, and it probably could have worked great as a movie. To be honest a movie could have fixed a lot of the issues, like making the discontinuity of how events go as it jumps around timelines). It could have been a stunning movie, and Ellen Page did more than what any movie would actually call for. Plus Aiden would have felt more mysterious and intimidating, as would the whole "entity" concept. And all of that emotion and rawness could have been captured without the feeling of "can this cut-scene be over already."

A game that easily could have been a movie would be The Last of Us, although unlike Beyond Two Souls, the game play really helped you feel the desperation of the characters, and the need to protect Ellie. Plus the little jokes and comments Ellie tells as you search for items and whatnot that makes the whole experience feel so real and, really bonds you with her and Joel. In a movie that'd be harder to pull off, just simply due to time constraints. So while it could work, I think it's better in its original medium.

One last game that could work great is The Walking Dead. I haven't finished it yet, but from what I can tell it's so deeply story centered, and Clementine and Lee have a great bond, so it could work just as well as a movie as the comics do as a show. The action and emotion for a The Walking Dead movie would be great.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
A Tenacious D sequel? All of my yes.

I'd like to see a movie based off of The Last of Us, that sounds like a good one.

I tend to agree, but then again I think the game was so good to deserve not having one. Kinda like naughty dog's other original franchises (Jak & daxter, Crash bandicoot, ect) where they admit they never made a Crash 4 or Jak 4 (although other companies have since done so) because they felt, even if they enough loose ends to do so, that it just felt like a good way to end. go out with a bang.

Although aside from all of naughty dog's award winning creations, I'm excited about the upcoming Ratchet & Clank as well as the Sly Cooper movies. ...Well aside from the fact (i haven't looked for sure) the original voice actors are sure not to be in them, it will be fun to enjoy another R&C and Sly experience.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Super excited for Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank movies. The only problem is that I'm gonna want to play them instead of watch them! Plus, would they release a game for the movie? How weird would that be? A movie based off a game getting a game based off a movie that was based off a game. Whoa.

Anyway, we're already getting those, so why not give use Jak and Daxter as well? ;) not obsessed

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
NFS is coming to heat the route with its newly coming movie. And i would really like to see Mega man Battle network franchise series Movies with different story and same charecter.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
A movie and series for the game, Mega man and Gta sanandreas.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I would KILL for a Star Fox movie! (base it off 64, in particular, but make it EPIC!) I'd prefer Dreamworks, Pixar, or BlueSky to do the animation...

Preferred Cast: Bruce Willis as Fox McCloud, Samuel L. Jackson as Falco Lombardi, Robin Williams as Peppy Hare, and Andy Dick as Slippy Toad. Andross would be voiced by Alan Rickman, and the voice of General Pepper would be Sean Connery. Not sure about my choice of voices for the minor characters or the members of Star Wolf.

Add more to the plot like the James McCloud death scene, and Peppy's escape. Add more new characters (maybe Fox's mother?) and have Peppy say "Do A Barrel Roll!" at a totally random time so everyone in the theater who knows the joke starts cracking up.

Nintendo.. Please let this happen! Just YES!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's great to hear that they're working on an Assassin's Creed movie; I honestly would love one. :] There's Assassin's Creed: Lineage, but it's not exactly a movie, though--it's more of a mini-series. In my opinion, it's not very enjoyable either. Things happen so fast, you'd get yourself confused in an instant. Besides that, I would also like to see a movie featuring Legend of Zelda (a live-action one, not animated).

Years
Agree with Star Fox. I'd also say The World Ends with You, Portal, BioShock (yeah, I know one was planned, but I'd still like to see how one would turn out), Pokemon Colosseum/XD, and Catherine.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Metal Gear Solid.

Come on, the director is a huge fan of movies. The whole series is all a tribute to movies...the whole series IS a movie.

Honestly though, a Metroid movie would be so good if they can capture the "show dont tell" theme of it and emphasize scenery and atmosphere over action and storyline. Sadly that won't happen.

TY

Gimme a StarCraft movie. Gimme it. Now :P

Like really the cutscenes are already movie-worthy and if even NFS gets a movie, then this game should too.
I'd pay to see this movie 5 times... In a row XD

Yukari

12.%20tongue.gif

Like really the cutscenes are already movie-worthy and if even NFS gets a movie, then this game should too.
I'd pay to see this movie 5 times... In a row XD

I agree, so long as they don't **** them up. What have you made me ShadowE? 'Cause I like it!

Back