• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I've noticed a lot of 'I'm returning' threads recently. Why isn't a mod moving these to the account return topic. I thought that is what it was for? So it doesn't really warrant it's own thread

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I've noticed a lot of 'I'm returning' threads recently. Why isn't a mod moving these to the account return topic. I thought that is what it was for? So it doesn't really warrant it's own thread

Mmm, says there that they're allowed to make a returning thread if they haven't been active on PC for 30 days or so, in which they were considered to be absent. n_n

Hope that clear things up! :3

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
omg let it go holy crap its over move on
look at your life look at your choices

Sassy Gay Nick saves the day.

I don't think I've ever posted in one of these before, so might as well. But I honestly think this is one of the best staff teams on any forum I've on. I've been on several forums too so I know how some staff teams can be. While you enforce the rules while you need to , you guys seem very understanding and tolerant. I mean you guys put up with that JustinRPG/ MoltresRider guy for 2 years or so and only recently banned him. I'd probably have a harder time dealing with people like that. While I've always wanted to try modding here, I feel I wouldn't be ready yet. While I probably have the niceness and the understanding down, I'm not sure about the tolerance part of the job. You guys seem to explain well to people what they did wrong and you don't come off intimidating or like a mindless robot like others said. You're all very kind people and you do more than just tell users what to do, you become our friends and get to know the userbase. There's a good amount of mods who I talk to pretty often on here. Thank you PC staff for making such a good team. :]

Outlier

You know what though? It's not even that I necessarily think certain mods deserve an infraction or are breaking any rules to my knowledge.

It's just that in regards to certain posts of mine that have been deleted, certain infractions that I have received for things. Have also been mirrored in the actions of other mods. The very same mods who have reprimanded me, go figure.

I'm just looking for equality and fairness here. I don't think it's fair to sweep a mod's bad behavior under the rug if you're going to punish a regular member of this forum for doing the same thing. Especially in that particular instance that I mentioned in my report of a mod blatantly antagonizing me in one of my threads for no reason.

I'm still waiting to hear back on that report by the way. Is the general consensus that I'm a whining *****? Either way I'd love some closure because that whole incident and the way it was handled is still bothering me.

And for the record I haven't contested every single deleted post, verbal warning or infraction that I've received. I can admit when I think I'm wrong.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm not going to sound rude here but let's be rational for a bit here. This is still the Internet guys, Anything and everything can happen. Now, I know that some people are getting frustrated, thinking they are treated unfairly but please, cut the staff some slack since

A) Again, this is the Internet, Try not to be so serious when it comes to this matters.

B) They aren't paid to do their jobs (idk if they do actually get paid or not) and they are wasting precious time and effort to help govern, sorry for the snark attitude here, A POKEMON FORUM.

C) If they didnt really care about you, they have turned a blind eye already. But they chose to reason with you all.

So, I hope that you guys will atleast have a little symphathy for the staff as they are doing their jobs fair and just.

#longrant

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm just looking for equality and fairness here. I don't think it's fair to sweep a mod's bad behavior under the rug if you're going to punish a regular member of this forum for doing the same thing. Especially in that particular instance that I mentioned in my report of a mod blatantly antagonizing me in one of my threads for no reason.
Know that yes, most mods are good friends. And that this is a positive thing. We work better if we know and like each other. That does not at all mean that we should put on blindfolds if we see another mod acting questionably. So you are right in that part.

You and Bestintheworld have provided feedback on the same crucial points in this thread for many posts now and the conclusion I can draw is that you feel mods should be judged just as any members are. Totally fine! We should be able to take that feedback to heart and make a greater effort to not hand out infractions rashly, and also to not judge a post by the poster but rather by the content. I always assumed it was part of an admin's role to monitor mod behavior, so maybe we can ask them to sharpen their senses a bit in response to these discussions? All to make PC a better place. Important to remember though is that "better" doesn't always mean "stricter". Only more equal.

Now, can we say we're done here? Regarding reports, infractions, personal vendettas - you've been told countless times before to keep that to PMs with admins or relevant mods, so you probably shouldn't keep posting about that here unless you have very general concerns. You don't have to post praise in this thread, of course not! But you should keep your criticism solid, in good tone and be prepared to listen to staff's explanations, not debate the same foggy thing forever. Quoting the rules (maybe unnecessarily, sorry heh) :
Leave any personal grudges, gripes, disagreements, etc, out of this thread. No exceptions.
Do not rant. This thread is meant have a friendly atmosphere, to be constructive and positive in nature. Again, no exceptions.
Feel free to post your opinions here, but they're not meant to be debated amongst yourselves. Go debate in D&D.

Is there anything more you can ask of us in this general matter at hand (Don't Judge A Post/Action By The Poster) or can you accept that staff has heard your criticism and want to improve? I am not trying to suppress or belittle your concerns, I just feel like this has gone on for too long without any relevant conclusions coming from it.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
I think you guys are great at this. I might be leaving for good, but by a how smooth this site is and how awesome most people are. It's fair to say. You all are very good at this and keep it good in a business way and sorta like a PC family way. So, bye and keep it up.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I would just like to start by saying even though I don't know many admins or mods on this server there is one I find to the best.

I would to thank Everlark/Sydian for all her work on the challenge section of PC, I know she moderates more than that but that is where I spend most of my time and I feel she is doing an excellent job of watching over it, In the years I've been here I have seen some great challenges that have come from there and even though not all of them where made by her I still feel she has been able to pick the challenges which would catch the imagination and interest of people interested in doing more with their pokemon games!

I don't want to go off on a tangent or sound like a butt kisser, Just think after the nearly 3 years I've been here that I should express my gratitude for her efforts.

Years
This is probably gonna come off as a little negative, but given that there was a modding recently, there is one user I kinda want to get an issue of mine with off my chest.

That user is none other than Axeliira. Given her activity in the Welcome Lounge, i'd think she would be more welcoming towards new members. But I tried to friend her back in November not long after her birthday, and she VM'd me saying she did enjoy it but didn't get back to me. Then I tried to friend her again recently, and her response was that she never recalled me and her having talked, when in fact i've seen her in a couple forums (namely the 5th gen forum). I would expect that from regular members, but former moderators I don't think would really be this way, let alone ones who specialize in introducing new people to the forums. So I hope her reasoning for this is nothing personal. :/

That's all, I don't mean this as an attack towards her, and it's not like I feel a gigantic need to be friends with her or anything, and if she really doesn't want to talk to me that's fine, but it just bothered me, is all.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
This is probably gonna come off as a little negative, but given that there was a modding recently, there is one user I kinda want to get an issue of mine with off my chest.

That user is none other than Axeliira. Given her activity in the Welcome Lounge, i'd think she would be more welcoming towards new members. But I tried to friend her back in November not long after her birthday, and she VM'd me saying she did enjoy it but didn't get back to me. Then I tried to friend her again recently, and her response was that she never recalled me and her having talked, when in fact i've seen her in a couple forums (namely the 5th gen forum). I would expect that from regular members, but former moderators I don't think would really be this way, let alone ones who specialize in introducing new people to the forums. So I hope her reasoning for this is nothing personal. :/

That's all, I don't mean this as an attack towards her, and it's not like I feel a gigantic need to be friends with her or anything, and if she really doesn't want to talk to me that's fine, but it just bothered me, is all.

There's 5 or 6 new users each day. I go out of my way to welcome quite a few users and I can't remember any of them, even if they talk to me. Just imaging having to talk to them all.
By the way, if you're just skeptical about her being a Welcome lounge mod, you do know she's a mod of Fan Clubs and Groups now, right? Not Welcome Lounge.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Slightly confused over what the actual issue is here, is it that she didn't remember you? Cause I don't see how her activity in 5th Gen is related to that. Anyhow, well, people are busy and sometimes they accidently overlook stuff. Being a moderator doesn't exactly make us robots, you know; we can't do everything. I doubt she ignored you because she wanted to. Also, she isn't moderating The Welcome Lounge, haha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

A lotta things go on here and it's hard to keep track of people sometimes, especially if you don't talk all that often. Even if you've seen each other in passing, it doesn't mean you'll particularly remember a user. Even if you talked to them in a thread or over VM once or twice. That ain't anything personal. Besides, even if she is active in TWL and a very friendly person- it's not her job to remember everyone. That's not something that's going to happen, especially when you're a person responding to who knows how many welcome posts per day. That's not to say she doesn't give sincere welcomes, it's just that if you guys don't talk much, how is she supposed to remember?

If you're talking friends lists- some people are more restrictive as to who they put on there. I know I am; I hardly ever request friends or accept requests. I'm just picky and kind of want my list to reflect the people I'm good friends with. It's not to exclude people, it's just how I feel.

I'm sorry that you feel she came off as rude, but tbh I wouldn't look at it that way. I checked in on your VM convo and all I can say is that she was polite and that you guys really didn't talk much. It's really not a wonder that she wouldn't recall having significant interaction with you if there hadn't been any. I also noted that you didn't really follow up on the original conversation between you two- if you want to make friends, the best way it to chat with people. :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just wanna say that she was just modded today, not counting her previous modding. You might scare her...first day back on staff and she's already got a complaint in here. Not a fun way to return! But anyway, your complaint isn't really a staff issue, especially considering she's just been re-modded today. I think you should have just asked her personally instead of pointing it out here, cause it's not really a staff specific issue, though I understand your concerns. She's a really nice person though, and I'm sure if you talked to her more often, she'd be happy to friend you. :)

Years
Sometimes people aren't open to friend requests, and you have to get to know them well. I'm one of those people, and I know how it feels when I deny a friend request, because it can be hurting to the member and make them think negatively. If you want to, just talk with Axeliira and sort things out with her. There's really no need to bring this issue up publicly.

Years
Okay, I see three admins and a Super Mod viewing this thread at the time of this typing, so before you all gang up on me, i'm just gonna say this right now.

I get that Megan wasn't trying to be rude at all. She can block me for all I care. But what I was trying to get across is, again, I just hope her reasoning for refusing to friend me isn't anything personal. That's it. Especially given her activity in the Welcome Lounge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like I said, just ask her personally. If you care enough to add her as a friend on here, surely you'd be okay with PMing her to talk about it. She doesn't bite! :)

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okay, I see three admins and a Super Mod viewing this thread at the time of this typing, so before you all gang up on me, i'm just gonna say this right now.

I get that Megan wasn't trying to be rude at all. She can block me for all I care. But what I was trying to get across is, again, I just hope her reasoning for refusing to friend me isn't anything personal. That's it. Especially given her activity in the Welcome Lounge.
Well, maybe this is just me, but some people just aren't comfortable with friending someone they don't know all too well, yet. That's one of several reasons she may have decided against accepting.

Years
You have to remember though that Megan was a former moderator of The Welcome Lounge, so it's something she enjoys doing to welcome new members to PC. Of course her reason for denying your friend request wasn't personal, but you really should just get to know her if you want to be friends.. and that means exchanging more VMs with her and chatting with her in general.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Honestly, Flare, I know her quite well and we've been friends for years but I can relate to what you're saying. She is always distracted and ever so forgetful. Just don't take it personally and you should be a-ok~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back